News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Im utterly heartbroken.

I spent most of Wednesday night sobbing and praying, and worrying. And much of Thursday laying in bed the same way. We finally had contact with my Brother, he and his family are safe, but our hometown is just gone. With every new picture of things so famillier to me, I start crying all over again. I have yet to personally talk to my Brother and when I do, I know Ill break down at the sound of his voice...Im crying again now just typing it.

Its just so heartwrenching.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Yep. I cried.

They called me this morning. I heard their sweet voices...and I balled like a baby.

Stupid emotions.

All is well. Rebuild will be long and hard. Our church is destroyed. My family still has livible homes, some of my friends dont. Power will be off for months. But it could be worse..my family and friends could still be missing or even dead. Everyone is accounted for and uninjured.

Im just still an emotional wreak...I can imagine how they feel.

In other news its a cool and beautiful day and we had our church picnic today. It was amazing. Im full and blessed and going to bed now for the night.

Love to all.

Roscoe

Mel, sorry to hear about your hometown. Looks like Mexico Beach doesn't exist anymore either....
It rained all day here. I got a craving for homemade buttermilk biscuits and chocolate gravy this morning, so I got up and cooked enough breakfast for a dozen people. The biscuits came out great, the chocolate gravy was thinner than Mama's, but still quite tasty.
Now I'm entering the last week's expenditures into my finance software. If I can figure out how to balance this mess, I should apply for a job with the US government.
Dear Lord, this past few months have really hurt financially.......... :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Was sick for 2 weeks, went on vacation for a week, came back to news that my Pastor and his family have been called back into the mission field and we vote on our new pastor on Tuesday. I've only been in 1 service with him and his wife has friended me on FB but I thought I'd put my feelers out if you all knew them or anything about them. It's Bro Joel and Sis Sheree Bean. I think  they may have originally been from Texas, had pastored a church in Seattle, and maybe currently in California.

I need another vacation, I do not feel relaxed right now!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Headache all weekend long, but I'm starting to think it might be a sinus or a dental issue. I took some allergy meds w/ sudafed and some advil .. hopefully that with some hydration, I'll be better by the end of the day. Something about going to sleep with headache and waking up with the same headache (or just waking up with a headache) seems a little offensive for your body to do, lol. Sleep is supposed to be restful.. not for gaining issues. :)

Busy weekend here. We had some fun on Saturday w/ Colorfest. We came home with something from almost every bake sale we passed. Church was good. We had our pastor appreciation services this weekend.

With it being so rainy and dark here, I think we should get to take a nap.

Roscoe

It's cold and rainy. Appropriate for a Monday. I got little to no sleep last night- I vividly remember 230 am. :sadbounce: And because I did not program the coffee pot last night, my wife made coffee this morning. Well, she turn the pot on and dumped an entire can of coffee in it, apparently. The coffee was picking up the cast iron pans as a weight set this morning.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

You don't need to worry about lack of caffeine now, do you? ;)

MsJennJenn

I did not wanna get out of bed either. It's 42 degrees, the real-feel thing says 26. It's only October Texas what is wrong with you!!!  :noo:

I'm grumpy. So, very grumpy. :frownshake:

Got all my homework done before Sunday though. So I didn't have to worry about it.
Capstone class is gonna be the death of me though. First artifact (out of 5) was due last night and mine was 17 pages. :roll:

Have to keep reminding myself masters degree in 8 weeks. 8 weeks. 8 weeks.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Talked to my Brother for over 10 minutes this morning and only cried once!! Lol

He has a generator, and this morning he rigged their well to it so now they have running water! Yay! So they are not as bad as some houses...they have limited power and now water. Im so thankful!

Gonna be a long recovery process, but as long as they have Jesus, they are good, and they definetely have Him!

I should be sleeping....but Im playing with my phone. Gotta work tonight.

Goodnight. Gonna try to sleep.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Back at work. Drove the Jeep in as my company truck was taken by a colleague for training. And for the first time in forever, my office radio is picking up klove. This would be awesome- if they weren't in their  beg-for-money mode. Oh well, at least I can listen to some godly music. And I need that- people have been pushing buttons on me lately that I thought had been unwired by God.
Y'all have a great day!!! :hi:

Lynx

Bobby you really need to get your music collection onto your phone, with a bluetooth speaker. I don't need no steekin K-Love, I have Isaac Radio.

Melody that sounds great! I wish we had used a generator to power our well when I was a boy. Every time the power went out, there went our water too...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I'm not as mad about this upheaval now that I've had time to really dig in and pray about it. It's awesome how prayer gives you perspective. Plus I'll have a place to stay in Germany when/if the time comes.

Going back to work after vacation has to the be the hardest thing ever....

MsJennJenn

20/20 points on the 17-pager I did Sunday. WOOOOOT!

:disco:  :hyper:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Something's gotta give in my job. It is insane right now with the workload I have. Most states have around 60- 80 cases total per officer, and studies claim 40-50 is optimal.
I currently have 247. Of which 230 or so seem to be actively involved in pursuing a criminal lifestyle.  And I'm having to "fix" things that others let go unattended- which isn't easy with the legal system.
Court today, which means more work and probably a ton more new intake cases. And, since it is close to the holidays, the prison system usually does an early "dump out" releasing inmates early before the holidays. So we are about to get even more hammered.
 And my new guy is driving the entire office nuts. All he talks about is his football days, and the job he is in the process of being hired for. And hunting. They need to hurry up and hire him. He's a waste of time and I'm cranky trying to be polite and train him.

Ya'll get the brunt because you're my vent place because I can't vent anywhere else..LOL

Nelle

I hate that for you Roscoe. I can't imagine how awful that must be. I hope that sometime soon you get a case that just blows you away mentally.. because you were able to help someone BE better, and they make sure you are told that. Hopefully lots of these cases of yours will move to new places away from your spot LOL.

@Work. Ready for lunch. I crave my salads now. LOL. I'm already hungry.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on October 08, 2018, 04:05:26 PM
Quote from: sunlight on October 08, 2018, 01:56:05 PMI just saw a picture of roscoe behind a pulpit... well- I think it was him- all I could see was a bald spot so I assumed...

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 08, 2018, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: sunlight on October 08, 2018, 01:56:05 PMI just saw a picture of roscoe behind a pulpit... well- I think it was him- all I could see was a bald spot so I assumed...
Maybe you should share.

:pound: :pound:
Okay, since Mini is silent, I shall give the low-down.
Everyone knows I don't preach out.  Period. I struggle to speak publically. BUT- When Chellebelle texted and asked if we would come over and I would speak for their 5th anniversary service, I couldn't say no. You can't tell people you love "No" that easy. She spoke with Bro Wilson, as did I, and he approved, so much nervousness later, I found myself in Spiro. Then to add to my nervousness, Ma and Pa Porter walked in.
I fumbled through, trying to find God's will. It was an amazing blessing to be there and I felt God in spite of my meager performance. Chelle and Mini were gracious beyond belief and a genuine blessing. I still don't like preaching out.

Well, now that I FINALLY have a moment to catch my breath, here's the rundown.

I scheduled someone to do a fellowship meeting on the 7th of October.  When I showed it to Chelleebelle, she panicked.  She had someone coming in to preach that day (5th anniversary, so I wasn't upset by the secrecy).

I had no idea who it was.  I asked and asked, and she wouldn't budge on who it was.

Saturday, I was up early and posted on FB about us being in our city for 5 years.  Roscoe texted me and griped because it notified him and woke him up.  I told him tough luck and fussed about what all I had to do that day.  Still didn't know who was preaching...

Then about 7:30 PM, a car pulls up in our driveway.  I couldn't figure out who it was at first, then it dawned on me. IT WAS ROSCOE (AND LOU AND THE KIDDO!!)

I was floored.  I have threatened to get him over here for 5 years to no avail.  Chelleebelle asked him all the way back in April, then okayed it with Bro Wilson...and there they were.

Sunday morning rolls around and Roscoe showed up in a SUIT.  Yes, a suit.  I didn't know he owned anything but overalls, so this was shocking.

Lou sang, and Roscoe started to minister.  Friends, when I say he ministered, he didn't get in a hurry and began to pour out what God gave him.  The whole church was on their faces when the service was done.

They are wonderful people.

And for anyone else that's interested, I have heard a really good rumor that ANOTHER GP'er will be in my area the last Sunday of the month.

TACO and JinbowRingles will be ministering here in a couple of weeks!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on October 17, 2018, 06:22:34 PMLou sang, and Roscoe started to minister.  Friends, when I say he ministered, he didn't get in a hurry and began to pour out what God gave him.  The whole church was on their faces when the service was done.

They are wonderful people.

When the body sticks together and functions as one body it doesn't matter who or where the body goes.
It works in fluid conjunction as anointing is poured out.

Loved the story. Actually didn't know there was a picture until I attached this quote haha.
I didn't think he owned anything other than overalls either.

:hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Bobby has occasionally been seen in a suit. Although that tie looks suspiciously like one I have... I'm gonna have to go check whether my tie is missing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 18, 2018, 11:44:39 AMBobby has occasionally been seen in a suit. Although that tie looks suspiciously like one I have... I'm gonna have to go check whether my tie is missing.
You can guarantee if I'm gonna lift something it won't be a decorative noose. LOL
Mini is too kind in his telling.
 The rest of the time, he's a troublemaker. :hypocrite:  And since Taco and Ze Clown will be making a pit stop on the way to preach for him, I am even more  overjoyed. And may try to run over to listen to them too.....

Yesterday was court, all day. Had one delicate little feller break down crying when he discovered his indiscretion with drugs followed by his failing to come see me for nearly two years netted him a prison sentence. He kept sobbing and saying "I don't understand"..
I fear he will be a big hit in prison....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy how people just don't think there will be consequences to their actions.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 18, 2018, 09:04:56 PMIt's crazy how people just don't think there will be consequences to their actions.

In my opinion,that's the biggest root problem in our society. People haven't been taught that for every action there is a reaction-or they choose to not believe it.
My day was good. I got a lot of work done, got home and got Rusty buttoned up. Still a few things to do to him, but it's stuff I can take my time on over the winter months.
And my youngin is a blessing. Lou wasn't feeling well and came home going straight to bed. Chey cooked up hamburger helper and then helped clean up. So proud to see her step up to help.

Heather

We voted Tuesday. It was unanimous. Last nights service we didnt make it out of the song service before the HG swept in. Our new pastor is flying in to preach Sunday then heading back out to move his family across the country.

My feet have been killing me since going back to work after vacation. And poor Whisk looks so offended when I take 1-2 of her 11 tennis balls when I get home to roll under my poor feetsies. (There are public tennis courts right across the street from our house and shes a hoarder like her father. Lol)

Going to coffee with one of my former youth girls after work. She reached out to hang out a couple weeks ago.

MsJennJenn

Started not feeling good last night.

Oiling up all around. Oils in the diffuser, oils ingested internally and oils rolled on the body!

I really cannot get sick.  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Soooo many people are sick at work and seem to be staying sick. I lysol after each person makes the "I'm not feeling good" announcement, haha. I don't want to be sick!!

It's rainy and cloudy and cold here. I want the sun back from earlier. This is why I disline winter season... I LOVE SUNSHINE! Winter seems to steal it. haha.. and Yes, I realize.. It's still technically fall, but I can't seem to process that in my 36°F wakeup this morning.