News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 22, 2018, 01:43:04 AMIt's been quite a day. Hubby had to get stitches then my aunt ended up in same er that we had just left.
Oh lord. What happened?

I spent all morning at the church moving pews and mowing the yard. Then I came home. I soaked in the tub, and sat on the porch listening to my new three tiered fountain. I LOVE the sound of running water. 
I've got two buttermilk pies cooling now....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

An accident with a jack. 10 stitches to the chin. My aunt seems to have a cracked spine after she fell. I'm tired.
But on a good note, I got to see Chel & had some awesome brisket.

Lynx

All this exciting stuff happening to so many people... and here I sit dreaming about buttermilk pie.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

I made it through today!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Good morning everyone.

A recap of my weekend.

Home.  Mexican.  Home.  Weigh.  Parents.  Home.  Church. Home. Church. Home.

I would like to point out that on Friday, I drove the Jeep to work.  Keep in mind the thing has a 4 cyl, and I had the top off on it.  Its a little known fact that at 40 degrees and 60 miles an hour in a open top jeep the temperature is -637.  But it was supposed to be 70 that afternoon, so I deemed it worthwhile...but it has a 4 cyl.  Driving home, with the wind hitting me right on the nose, my top speed was 50 mph.

*sigh*

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Starving. Finally eating lunch @ work. Wasn't as bad of a day starting out that I was expecting since I took off Friday to stay home and clean my house since my parents were coming Sunday. oh boy. :)

At least now I have a semi clean house that I can enjoy while I finish getting rid of everything else we own haha.

Also.. rainy/cloudy day today plus allergies makes me a very tired kid at a computer desk trying to work.

Roscoe

:hi:
Weekend- inhaled mightily, as posted. Still sore as the dickens.
Workday-bah. Bailed out of work for an extended lunch and got chey, since her "first boyfriend" (John Schneider, aka Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard) was having a meet and greet in Conway. Sailed to Conway (20 miles from work), just in time to find out that he'd left early. My broken hearted little girl sobbed. I had a little birdie tell me he was headed for Russellville to a radio station for a hush-hush studio meeting- 20 miles the OTHER way from work. .What is a good dad to do??
Well- I called my boss, took an extra couple of hours off, and headed for Russellville. I called the station enroute, talked to a sweet little lady who confirmed that Mr Schneider was going to be by but was not planning a public appearance-- but "one more won't hurt."/
Long story short after nearly 100 miles of driving, a couple hours of unexpected vacation use, and enough moxie for a truckload of folks, I crashed the radio stations event, and Chey got her picture and an autograph on a white hat. She teared up, she "was so happy, Daddy".
Yeah, it was worth it. Even though I, who have been a Dukes of Hazzard fan longer than she by 30 years, did not get an autograph or pic. But I did get to meet a childhood hero and shake his hand, so there's that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby: The one thing I remember most from that show was one time they took the car for a big jump and paused for a commercial break right in the middle of the jump, and the narrator said, "Now don't you wish your car could do that?" And I'm thinking, "Don't you wish YOUR cars could do that, and survive?" They have a graveyard of hundreds of those General Lee cars they destroyed to make those shows.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

True.

:hi:
Morning all. Kinda. It's still 2 minutes until 12 anyway.
Been a busy morning. One of my wayward souls decided that he really didn't like his mother-in-law. So he shot up her house with a gun. While she was in it, calling 911. Nice guy. Lotsa paperwork on my end...
And that's why I haven't checked in yet today.

Nelle

Yikes.

Eating lunch. I feel like I'm always eating lunch when I post..

It's been a chaotic Tuesday. Monday's evil twin. :) haha..

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard getting older but it's really hard seeing your parents and other close family that used to be so active go downhill. :(

MsJennJenn

And elders in your church that you've known for years for that matter. :sadbounce:
It's so very hard.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Even harder when they all die.

We celebrated our Pastor's fourth year here in Pascagoula this past Sunday, but with that, we had a media presentation that had a "Memories" section to all the saints we lost by death in the last four years... My parents was the first picture, along with MawMaw who I was close to, and several others and ended with our former pastor and first lady. UGH. Caught me in the feels, and I was a sobbing mess by the time that segment was over.

I have experienced a lot of death in mt family in recent years. more so than ever before.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

I was talking with a lady who was a founding member of our church when she was a child... (our church is only 46 years old)...and we were talking about this very thing. I've decided I'm going to try to speak with some of our remaining elders- we still have a handful that were either founding members or very close to it- and record all of the stories and history of or congregation. I hate to see history lost. It makes the inevitable loss of the older members so much harder if we lose their memories too.

And in sharing- not content with my extensive dealings with the idiot previously mentioned, fate decided to dump on me again. Another of my offenders came and visited me today- then 15 minutes later was arrested for having a stolen gun and meth. I was evidently important to him- my appointment slip was in his "stash can" on top of his meth. Complete with the contact information to the rehab center I had just recommended him to go to. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

You just can't help people that don't want to be helped.
My nephew is one of them... And my family enables him. :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

Administrative Professional's Day! Had IHOP with the bosses. They got me an orchid and a gift card.

Now I'm back at home in the pj's falling asleep at my desk. Brains already in vacation mode even though I have so much to do.

:z:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I'm eating pizza for lunch.

We got a cute little pen and gift cards to Chilis for APD.

It's pretty warm here today. I thought our office would be still chilly tho.. so I wore a medium/thin sweater so I wouldn't freeze.... and I'm almost to combustion level. :) LOL.. I have my fan on at the moment.

sunlight

Yes it is hard- especially when there's nothing you can do about it.
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 24, 2018, 06:53:36 PMIt's hard getting older but it's really hard seeing your parents and other close family that used to be so active go downhill. :(
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 25, 2018, 03:23:15 PMYou just can't help people that don't want to be helped.
My nephew is one of them... And my family enables him. :smirk2:

Sadly, most families seem to enable their loved ones that have issues. They try to protect them, and turn out making the situation worse. I try to remember when I'm ready to slap someone senseless and yell at them "Don't you see you are hurting, not helping them"- I might act the same if it were my precious Chey with the problem.

Lynx

On the other hand (unless you are VERY careful at home and never, ever complain about your wayward flock) your girl has a much higher chance of never having that problem because she sees the junk that results.

Be sure to complain about it some in front of her. Just don't mention any names. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

No one is alive today?!  :nono:

5 days until the Caribbean will be in view.  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-