News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Great free church projection software.

Started by taco_harvell, March 02, 2016, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Yup. Unfortunately nobody listens to the resident nerd so my church got something that costs money and is more complicated. Sometimes it doesn't work and they don't know why.

So far I have steadfastly resisted the urge to say I told you so. So far...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

I alway's explore free options especially for churches. I found one called slide dog, it is promising for video and power point presentations running in a prearranged timed order. Would work good for a teaching tool as long as you have good notes that keep you in flow with the slides/video.

Nelle

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 02, 2016, 12:46:38 AMhttp://openlp.org/

This is just as good as EasyWorship, and free.

I just sent this link to my husband. He's the in-house "nerd," if you will, haha. We both are the only ones who can correctly run our church's projection software. We'd LOVE something new, free, and even better than EasyWorship (which we currently use).

Lynx

Fortunately nobody messes with sound system setup so Audacity reigns at our church for recording sermons. At least so far. Who knows when some "expert" will sell them on a system that is supposed to be better.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

We've been looking into products to record some services.  Our only option so far has been a video camera (which is.. interesting and difficult). We JUST got a new projector (our old one was literally burning up.. no more color variation etc) put in last month, and we have better graphics again.  People keep asking us to record the services, especially for the visiting ministers services, but we haven't really dug in and found anything yet that works well with our current system.

Lynx

Depends how professional you want. You could just use a spare laptop with a webcam. For programs, there are many good free ones.

Protip: If you want a program to do (fill in function) and want a good free one, but have no idea where to start, go to portableapps.com. They use the best ones. You don't have to get the portable version from there, just use their list of programs as a handy freeware reference guide. (Audacity is of course there. And VLC. And Libre Office...)
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on March 03, 2016, 03:41:34 AMDepends how professional you want. You could just use a spare laptop with a webcam. For programs, there are many good free ones.

Protip: If you want a program to do (fill in function) and want a good free one, but have no idea where to start, go to portableapps.com. They use the best ones. You don't have to get the portable version from there, just use their list of programs as a handy freeware reference guide. (Audacity is of course there. And VLC. And Libre Office...)

Thanks! I'll have him check that out!

He looked over the projector software mentioned above, and we are definitely going to be using it. We're thankful for the tip! :)

taco_harvell

If you have a smart phone and high speed internet, you can now live cast in 30 minute segments on Facebook. They archive it like a regular post and can be attached to the website. Youtube also has a live stream option now but I haven't looked into it.