News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stop mold

Started by taco_harvell, October 23, 2013, 03:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Any advice on drying out closet and small areas to prevent mold?  It seems the closets in our apartment have a tendency to get very humid and anything stored in plastic will mold and some mold on the walls. Can't afford to move yet and landlord probably wont do anything. So any ideas or products you know about?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Besides spraying everything down with Clorox or tilex? No, no idea.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

We had to deal with mold in our house last year. The only thing I know that actually works is to scrub it down with bleach, and keep everything out of the area (permanently) so that air can flow there and keep it from coming back. Since it's not very practical to empty closets, we had to keep the specific areas clear (for instance one wall/corner in the boys' closet) and leave the closet doors open 24/7. Keeping fans going can help a little, but if you're like me that gets REALLY annoying in a very short time.

I will say this though, you do need to get on top of it immediately because mold in houses is a huge health hazard. A friend of ours had mold in his bedroom and their landlord didn't take care of it, and he ended up with mold in his lungs.  :-?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

How about a dehumidifier?

Lynx

I got one of those for Christmas. Actually I got two, a humidifier and a dehumidifier. I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.

Then I filled the humidifier up with wax. Now everything in the room is really shiny. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/