News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Extra Cash?

Started by kkay, September 29, 2008, 02:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

What are some orthodox and not-so-orthodox ways to make extra cash?

Chseeads

Extra jobs.  Extra stealing.  Selling things.  Selling yourself. 

:P

Didn't you already talk about plasma donation in the past?

kkay

Yeeeeah but I'd have to drive about 30 miles to donate plasma around here, so it wouldn't be worth it :p

MelodyB

Yeah, 30 miles...you would waste the money you made on the gas to get over there and back.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

Quote from: MelodyB on September 29, 2008, 02:53:43 PM
Yeah, 30 miles...you would waste the money you made on the gas to get over there and back.

Definitely! That's why I'm not really into doing that..not while I'm living here at least.

World Traveler

Marry a rich old man and wait until he dies.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

kkay

Already been discussed. My boyfriend said he wouldn't wait on me...

iridiscente

Work at home with a reputable company.

mesipie

sell weightloss and energy supplements... :hypocrite:...i have the info for that...thru pm of course...

clean houses
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

World Traveler

Set up a kissing booth at the local fairgrounds.

Start your own lottery.

Pretend to be a homeless person, stand at intersections asking for money.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sis

The last one isn't funny. There are many, many people out there doing just that for a living.

My husband's nephew quit his job and wore old clothes and sat in a mall area and he said he made more than his computer job did.

I'm not sure if some of those people are real or a scam.

World Traveler

Yes, you are right. So I recommend giving to reputable organizations that help those people. They have the tools to screen the real from the not real needs.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Sis

My pastor says to buy McDonald's gift certificates for things like a burger and a drink and give that to them. To not give cash. I agree.

World Traveler

Would you really be that cruel to a homeless person? Ha ha.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Sis

Better than nothing, or------------->  :spam:

World Traveler

Sis hijacked Apostolic girl04's thread!!! It wasn't me!!!

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Sis

No, just kinda pink winked it.  :pwink:

mesipie

i tried to give a homeless woman a taco from tacobell...she said it would hurt her stomach....OK PPL, TACO BELL IS BLAND!!!...she wanted money *for mcdonalds*...yeah right!!
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

kkay

A true homeless person will take anything they can get. Ever seen the movies where they're eating from the garbage cans??? Yeah, that's a true homeless person.

But hey! Back on topic. I think homeless people should read this thread for money making ideas.

Sis

How about selling Avon or Stanley products?

kkay

The only bad thing about that is that you have start-up costs. I don't have $300 extra around or I'd definitely sell some stuff :)

Sis

I don't think you do with Stanley.  I used to sell it. Waaaaaaay back when I went cave to cave.

Actually, I'm a lousy sales person. I don't like to try to talk people into theings or be pushy, so I used to have parties.

Mary J.

Quote from: *mesipie* on September 30, 2008, 02:50:55 AM
i tried to give a homeless woman a taco from tacobell...she said it would hurt her stomach....OK PPL, TACO BELL IS BLAND!!!...she wanted money *for mcdonalds*...yeah right!!

i'm not homeless but cant eat taco bell.

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on September 30, 2008, 03:38:08 PM
A true homeless person will take anything they can get. Ever seen the movies where they're eating from the garbage cans??? Yeah, that's a true homeless person.

but why would u want to feed a homeless person something that could make them sick?

Quote from: Sis on September 30, 2008, 05:16:49 PM

avon has a $10 startup cost right now.

just because someone is homeless dont mean they should be expected to eat just any ole thing someone wants to throw at them

yes there are alot of scammers out there, but there are some real people that have fell on hard times.
Anything with the power to make you laugh over 30 years later isn't a waste of time. -Steven King - Hearts in Atlantis

My FB: http://www.facebook.com/maryjleddbetter

iridiscente

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on September 30, 2008, 06:02:41 PM
The only bad thing about that is that you have start-up costs. I don't have $300 extra around or I'd definitely sell some stuff :)
Our company has a $25 start up cost ending today. No product storage. The $25 goes towards your own marketing website, fliers, online training and a training packet you get in the mail.

kkay

Quote from: Mary J. on September 30, 2008, 06:51:28 PM
Quote from: *mesipie* on September 30, 2008, 02:50:55 AM

i'm not homeless but cant eat taco bell.

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on September 30, 2008, 03:38:08 PM

but why would u want to feed a homeless person something that could make them sick?

Quote from: Sis on September 30, 2008, 05:16:49 PM

avon has a $10 startup cost right now.

just because someone is homeless dont mean they should be expected to eat just any ole thing someone wants to throw at them

yes there are alot of scammers out there, but there are some real people that have fell on hard times.

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to say you're poor and hungry, don't turn down food and say "give me money instead". Beggars can't be choosers.