News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

car problems and needing advice

Started by Backseat Radio, January 23, 2008, 09:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I got a question for the car guru's on here

Those that keep up with the sharing thread already know what happened to my car Tuesday night but for those that don't here's the deal...

I drive a 1995 Chevy Beretta

My drivers side door will no longer come open because of something thats messed up inside the door. What ever messed up in side the drivers side door also caused my interior lights to stay on which my dad temporarily fixed by removing all the interior lights to preserve my battery. The passenger side door currently does come open but the automatic lock feature on that door has not worked in quite a while - I have to manual lock and unlock that door with my key. 

I'm afraid if I let the car go for too long with the drives side door like it is that the passenger side door will soon do the same thing as the drivers side door and effectively lock me out of my car.  Because of my disability and the fact that I do wear skirts the possibility of climbing in the window is out - its hard enough having to work my way from the passenger seat to the drivers seat.

If I have the car fixed a repair shop would have to do it cause my dad does not have time to do it as he barely keeps up with his business stuff.  Here's my question... Is it worth my time and money to have the drivers door fixed or would I be better off to get a different car?

Just a side note:  the car also has other troubles like transmission going bad but it still runs.