News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ebay shipping rate problems

Started by LarryTheCucumber, January 12, 2007, 03:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryTheCucumber

hey y'all--
I just bought an item on Ebay, in which the shipping was listed as a flat fee to anywhere in the USA.  The auction ended, and I paid, only to be contacted by the seller 2 days later, demanding $30 more shipping, since I live in Hawaii.

Ebay's first response has been to defend the seller, and insist that I merely 'misunderstood' the shipping terms.  However, I doublechecked, and the listing quite clearly says 'flat fee shipping to the USA', with no exceptions.

has anyone else had this happen, and if so, how did you resolve it?
:smirk2:

Tricia Lea

I havent seen it.
But I have had persons contact me to make sure shipping was the same who lived in  Alaska and Hiwaii.
Have you tried Square trade https://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/odr/overview_odr.jsp;jsessionid=qxt3ema1r2?vhostid=bliss&stmp=ebay&cntid=qxt3ema1r2
They help with ebay disputes and if you paid with paypal  you can dispute through them

LarryTheCucumber

thanks--I haven't yet opened a formal dispute with the seller, but I'll definitely try squaretrade if it comes to that.

SippinTea

So....whatever happened? I don't think you told me.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

not my will but thine

There are a lot of sellers on Ebay who try to take advantage of unknowing buyers by having a low BIN price or low auction winning price.  Most people buying on Ebay are looking to spend the bottom dollar on the item and often overlook the Shipping Price.  They do this because Ebay cant charge them the final listing fee based on the auction end price and the total sale $ (end price, shipping cost, etc.)  ITS A BIG BUNCH OF BULL.  You have already learned by now but always be sure of shipping costs on Ebay

Sis

Anyone living outside of the lower 48, needs to contact the sellers to ask what shipping will really be. Anything overseas is considered foreign therefore more expensive to send. Canada, Mexico and other countries also have the problem. Most of the problem  lies with the post office, but the seller SHOULD have posted that on the page. I don't sell to anyone outside the USA (Rarely to Canada when they contacted me) And

Sis

Quote from: not my will but thine on February 05, 2007, 09:02:36 AM
There are a lot of sellers on Ebay who try to take advantage of unknowing buyers by having a low BIN price or low auction winning price.  Most people buying on Ebay are looking to spend the bottom dollar on the item and often overlook the Shipping Price.  They do this because Ebay cant charge them the final listing fee based on the auction end price and the total sale $ (end price, shipping cost, etc.)  ITS A BIG BUNCH OF BULL.  You have already learned by now but always be sure of shipping costs on Ebay

I calculate the item and the shipping together to see if the item is worth buying. *Shrug* It's not really a problem.

But this case was different. He was contacted AFTER the auction.