News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Add me to the party. The wheelchair idiots are back disrupting life. Fortunately I'm dispatching and won't have to deal with their stupidity...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby I rejoice with you to hear of your reprieve.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. It is raining. Little Rock Police got annoyed with the "protestors" and wound up arresting them before they got within a mile of the Capitol. Made my life better. Now I'm fixing to bake some chicken wrapped in bacon, and sleep in tomorrow- I have to go in around 7 pm tomorrow, teach second shift a class, then stay until midnight and teach third shift a class. As soon as that's done, I'll be home free until Saturday, when I work for a coworker. In turn for all of this sacrifice, I get an extra day off next week. Just so happens the fall Petit Jean Swap meet will be next week. What a coincidence. What a HAPPY coincidence... (Devilishly careful planning has NOTHING to do with it :hypocrite:)
Had I put in for an extra day off, my current sergeant would've taken pleasure in denying it, just because it was something I enjoy. He was bamboozelled and annoyed to discover the motive behind my rat dealings....BWAAAHAAHA!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I understood Algebra today. I guess the 8th grade me showed up and knew what was going on. Now lets just hope it sticks. After a day full of classes let's head to the library to do homework.

Mel-you crack me up and I understand your plight. Except my problem was I moved from a predominately black neighborhood [my old, wonderful house I miss so very much] to the whitest part of our county [out where Brandon lives]. It was so weird......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

--. --- -.. / .-.. --- ...- . ... / -.-- --- ..- / ... --- / -.. --- / ..

Roscoe

Hey! Stop with the Morse Code- I ain't learned it yet! :pound:
Lazing around, enjoying the morning off, as I have to go work tonight. Thinking of going out and changing Rusty's sparkplugs...

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 17, 2014, 07:26:42 PM
Hush shmoopsie.  :ugly:
Looks like Jenn....sounds like Seth. It's ChickenJenn.... :o

Changed Rusty's sparkplugs to discover that one of the new plugs I put in back a couple years and 15k miles ago, had done something I've never seen before- the electrode had broken off , apparently a long time back. No wonder poor Rusty was sputtering. And in the ham radio world, I was pleased to "work" a station from the country of Benin. All time new one for me, and I managed to get him on three different "bands", or sets of frequencies.  My inner nerd was pleased. :clap2:
Now, I'm fixing to have to go to work, which makes the inner nerd and the outer nerd much less happy.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Class #1 done....now to teach the next one in a couple of hours and head for the house.....

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It was raining some on my way to work.  We need it but it makes me more sleepy.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

obviously you didn't read it backwards lol - it says "copycat"
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I got in around 2 this morning...left to my own devices, I vaguely remember Lou and Chey kissing me goodbye. My next concious thought ocurred  around noon, and was to the effect that someone had laced my last Dr Pepper, because I certainly felt I had a hangover. :smirk:
Got up and went and mowed the church yard, spilling gasoline all over myself. Nearly ran off the embankment again- if I ever become wildly wealthy, I'm moving our church, if for no other reason so I won't kill myself trying to mow the churchyard. Came home, where Lou shattered my dinner plans of porkchops, ect. by insisting we celebrate National Cheesburger Day. Knowing that there's no arguing with the boss, I have the things prepared for cheeseburgers tonight.
And I mowed our yard, getting mad all over again at the waste of money represented by the item that appears to be a string trimmer, aka weedeater, but apparently is not since it works less than Seth. :pound:
And that, mi amigos, is sharing from the resident short fat cop.... :hi:

Lynx

Dear nerd wannabe:  It is evident you have no idea what a true nerd is, or you would never have had the unmitigated temerity to apply said appellation to yourself.  Until you have taken the lid off a computer and tinkered with its guts you cannot claim to be a nerd. :P

For the record you are a geek.  A geek is one who is really enthusiastic about, and usually knows a lot about, a certain thing - in your case shortwave radio networks. Geeks can often pass themselves off as normal because they have at least rudimentary social skills.  In fact those around them usually do not know they are geeks... unless the topic around which their geekiness centers comes up and they begin to geek out.

I could go on, but then we would get into the fine differences between a geek and a nerd, and the debate histories on the topic, and the ten minute video presentation... and I would prove I am both a geek and a nerd. :-/
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Dude Ike... Where did that come from? Did I miss something? Or are you just ranting?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Mostly just being facetious, which is a specialty of mine.  The above post was meant somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  The difference between a geek and a nerd is a running joke in some circles.
"Do you sing at church?"