News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Proverbs say something about that...like...

Proverbs 17:18 ESV One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor.

Or

Proverbs 22:26-27 ESV Be not one of those who give pledges, who put up security for debts. If you have nothing with which to pay, why should your bed be taken from under you?

Don't forget

Proverbs 6:1-5 ESV My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, have given your pledge for a stranger, if you are snared in the words of your mouth, caught in the words of your mouth, then do this, my son, and save yourself, for you have come into the hand of your neighbor: go, hasten, and plead urgently with your neighbor.  Give your eyes no sleep and your eyelids no slumber; save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the hand of the fowler.

And

Proverbs 11:15 ESV Whoever puts up security for a stranger will surely suffer harm, but he who hates striking hands in pledge is secure.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Good choice on the co-signing, Bobby. We don't loan vehicles either unless we could afford to give it away, which we can't.

Lynx

I agree with both your policy and your feelings.

Cosigner - a fool with a ball-point. :p

But it does hurt to tell a good friend no.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:  Been an emotional day. One of my pastor's best friends and mentor retired today. Bro Sorrells is elderly and his health has really went downhill in the past few months. Today was the transition service in which he symbolically passed on the mantle to a younger man, Bro Floyd Flowers. As I listened to all the accolades and praise, it struck me that he is but a few years older than my beloved pastor and soon it will be him retiring. I'm in no way ready for that. I cried listening to the emotion in Bro Sorrels voice after he was helped to the pulpit he has controlled for over forty years and told his people how much he loved them and admonished them to treat the incoming pastor as they did him.
Another piece of my childhood, another page turning, another change.
Bro Flowers seems to be great, and Brother Larry Booker spoke and thinks highly of him....but there'll never be another Rev Gene Sorrells.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I really like Bro. Sorrels. We met him at the same camp we met Lawanda at.

Roscoe

:hi:.
 Back at  work. Kinda overcast, but still really warm for the first day of October. I can't believe it is already October...
I've got a metric ton of people scheduled to come in, so today may be very busy...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Back from Nevada. I'm sad to be at work, and I'm SO ready for bedtime! LOL.. I'll be back to normal next week, I'm sure.

Lamoille Canyon (where we camped Sat-Wed last week) is now on fire as of yesterday. So sad! Such a large % of Elko County has already burned. It was SUCH a beautiful campsite, even though it was extremely cold at night!

Roscoe

Today was indeed busy. But thank god I survived. Got started on Rusty's radiator replacement, but didn't get a lot done. Lou called me in for dinner and I wound up going to sleep in the recliner.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: We went grocery shopping today. It's pitiful to spend $80 on a few things & not even get meat.

Roscoe

:hi:
That's every week grocery trip for me. It's sad, my grocery budget has a separate category for meat, because it is so expensive.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, it gets discouraging when everything goes up but your pay. :eyeroll:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Roscoe

:hi: Been to busy to say or do much. Have a busy weekend ahead too...

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I'm glad to know y'all are still alive. ;)

MsJennJenn

I'm yet alive. Had a humongo meeting for work yesterday. My biggest meeting of the year to prepare for. I've already worked almost 30 hours and it's only Thursday. Means a short Friday though.

And that's why I go to Aldi. Everything is cheap(er)...including meat. I buy ground turkey, chicken, and fish at Aldi.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Erica and I pool our money for shared groceries, about $75 each a month, and make a list and meal plan for the month. Then we each get our own special things we want that we eat individually, and on nights I dont cook, or for lunches we eat leftovers or the food we bought for ourselves.

We buy chicken, pork chops and hamburger meat. And stuff like fish sticks and shrimp and talipia.

Then during the month we will each take turns buying stuff we are out of, bread, milk, etc...depending on who has more money or whos payday is closest.

It works. Sometimes we have to be more creative with meals, but we always have enough. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 04, 2018, 03:39:33 PMAnd that's why I go to Aldi. Everything is cheap(er)...including meat. I buy ground turkey, chicken, and fish at Aldi.
I WAS shopping at Aldi. I don't buy much meat there, though.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

We don't have an Aldi's near us that I'm aware of. We DO have 10Box, a cost-plus-10-percent grocery, kinda a warehouse/salvage grocery type thing. You have to watch it though- you can get smoking deals on some things and some things are cheaper at Walmart. Their meat is OK- I won't buy their hamburger because so much water cooks out of it, but they often times have cheap steaks and roasts.
We've got to get back to cooking more. We cook a lot, but I'm almost out of recipes and the same old stuff gets old.

Roscoe

Everybody be quiet. I can't stand this constant chattering. :ugly:

The Purple Fuzzy

Went to a few garage sales. Didn't buy anything but a dress for Zoe for $1. Trying to only buy stuff we actually need.

Roscoe

I wish I could get Lou to operate on that principle...
Went to town, bought a bit of groceries and now I'm cleaning the house up...

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?