News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

In local news:
3 pints chicken casserole
1 pint "loaded" mac-and-cheese
3 pints german chocolate cake (packed down)
2 pints fried okra
Total = about 17 bucks.

Cleaning up at the local grocery store's lunch bar leftovers - priceless. And filling. :cool:

Have I mentioned I may never cook again?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy this weekend.  Managed to get the lawn mowed, some cleaning up done, the wipers on the Jimmy fixed, and some other stuff done. Took Sam's starter by the local old timer's shop to have it rebuilt. The old timer, who was every bit of 80, asked where I'd bought Sam, then proceeded to tell me that he'd rebuilt that very starter 25 or 30 years ago, pointing out markings and paint colors. A man that can remember a specific starter can surely remember how to rebuild it. LOL.
Oh and on the way home from Lowe's tonight- Chey is redoing her room walls- I bit into a Starburst- and broke one of me denture teeth.Bah. Now I HAVE to stop putting off the purchase of new dentures and go get them. For now, I superglue'd the tooth back in place. Hopefully it'll hold until the denture place can get me in.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

How old was that starburst?

OR

How old are those dentures?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 08, 2020, 09:04:11 AMHow old was that starburst?

OR

How old are those dentures?

Starburst fresh. Dentures around 12 years old. I've meant to replace them for the last couple of years, but keep putting it off.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Backseat Radio

Good Morning  :hi:

I go get my eyes checked this morning. Was beginning to wonder if Walmart was ever going to reopen the eye center after the pandemic shut it down.  Planning to spend the rest of the day decluttering and taking junk to the Mission thrift store.  Recently discovered the biblical teaching of minimalism so I'm trying to incorporate it into my life.

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. The model glue is holding up quite well as a denture repair. :lol:
Managed to call and get an appointment to get new denture made next Wednesday morning.
Still dealing with Lou's car fiasco. I REALLY regret buying it from the place we did.
I bought it knowing it still had warranty, and even purchased an extended warranty, in case, which I never do.
They informed me last night that the issue with the car is not covered by warranty and will cost $1500. I flipped out. The service advisor said he has requested for the dealership to cover it, as we have had the car less than 2 weeks. Waiting to hear their determination. It really aggravates me that I am having to deal with this- a better dealership would make it right without question. If they call and decline to do so today, I'm gonna need lots of prayer for my spirit to be kept right.
 What's even more irritating is the fact that if she had continued to drive it and burned up the engine- that would have been covered.
If I have to come out of pocket for $1500 I will be steamed..thanks to the wreck settlement, which wasn't much, I will be able to do so, but it will shut down holiday plans.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on September 09, 2020, 01:18:30 PMGood Morning  :hi:

I go get my eyes checked this morning. Was beginning to wonder if Walmart was ever going to reopen the eye center after the pandemic shut it down.  Planning to spend the rest of the day decluttering and taking junk to the Mission thrift store.  Recently discovered the biblical teaching of minimalism so I'm trying to incorporate it into my life.
Minimalism, like almost everything else, can be good... in moderation.

(But if you tell me I don't really NEED four laptops, we might have a fight on our hands...) :p
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I have a new hobby. When people are talking bad about somebody, I intentionally insert something good about the person they are talking about. It never derails the gossip-fest, but I find it fascinating to watch the gossipers rationalize it. The lazy ones will say "yeah, but..." and go on talking bad about the person, but the professional gossipers will find a way to turn the positive thing I said into a negative thing about the person they are gossiping about. Some people are total conversational ninjas!

I can tell y'all because all y'all are over there and I'm over here. I don't dare tell anybody here about my hobby, because if the gossipers knew about my hobby it wouldn't work any more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on September 09, 2020, 02:23:48 PMMinimalism, like almost everything else, can be good... in moderation.

(But if you tell me I don't really NEED four laptops, we might have a fight on our hands...) :p

I'm not into extremism. Unfortunately I've accumulated a lot of excess junk over the years that I just don't use and don't need.  One gal does not need 4 dozen coffee cups and tumblers.

Lynx

Sounds like me with shirts. I don't buy shirts... they just accumulate. I think they reproduce in the closet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. Got a call back from the dealer. They are compromising with me. The actual repair was $1700. They are willing to cover all but what would have been the deductible on the warranty coverage, had the repair been covered. So I'm out $500. Not overjoyed, but it's better than nothing. Thank God we have that in the bank and can cover it. Hopefully from here on out the car will be trouble free.

And in regards to accumulating junk- man, I have SO much I am trying to clean out and get rid of. Only books, cars and ham radios are safe.

Nelle

@Work.

So over my husband's workplace. Seriously never thought adults could be such petty people.. lol. Hopefully this blows over and nothing serious happens with it. We will be SO glad when he finally makes regular and these people will lay off.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on September 09, 2020, 05:42:18 PM@Work.

So over my husband's workplace. Seriously never thought adults could be such petty people.. lol. Hopefully this blows over and nothing serious happens with it. We will be SO glad when he finally makes regular and these people will lay off.
I thought he had already gone fulltime/regular. And yes. Adults are petty...

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on September 09, 2020, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Nelle on September 09, 2020, 05:42:18 PM@Work.

I thought he had already gone fulltime/regular. And yes. Adults are petty...

He will hopefully be going regular soon. He's been waiting on this one lady to finally retire who has been 'retiring' for years, haha. We are keeping our fingers crossed for end of this month.

Who knows.. I guess he might be unemployed soon either with the non-bailout of the USPS or the issues happening today if he gets let go. I honestly.. I love that it's a federal position with good benefits eventually, but I'm just not sure it's worth the stress of his coworkers hatred. It's making me very upset and I don't know that there's anything I can do about it unfortunately.. even though I can think of plenty that I'd like to do hahahaha. It's really stressing him out and making him have panic issues. I didn't expect this job to be more stressful than working for a national distribution company with high stress or family (his) owned company, but somehow it is. LOL.

Roscoe

Well, whatever happens, if he will keep his eye on God, it'll work out. I never in a millon years saw myself where I am, but somehow it's worked out. In spite of me. LOL
 I'm reminded of the twist on the "Footsteps in the Sand" poem I saw a while back:
God: You see that set of footprints?
Me: Yes
God: That's where I carried you.
Me: But what's those long furrows?
God: Oh, that's where I drug you kicking and screaming to where you needed to be.

LOL

Lynx

I remember that Footprints version, and I think of it often... I frequently find myself right where I need to be, when all my kicking and screaming didn't do a thing to get what I wanted.

It happened just about an hour ago. Earlier this week a plan fell through, something I was really wanting to happen, and about an hour ago I found out new information that makes it a really good thing.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy :hi:
I'm making a banana cake to use excess bananas.

Lynx

Howdy yourself.
I'm driving all night to eat a banana cake down in Texas. :D

(Not really... I already have far too many sweets here. But banana cakes are delicious.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work.

Truth. We are praying about the situation and letting God take control. I've prayed peace over Jeremy (and me, b/c I'm the natural over-worrier in our home). It will be what it will be. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned.

It's hard seeing a very kindhearted person being treated the way he has been treated by a small group of his coworkers since day one. I feel like he believes the best in people, and while he doesn't say a negative word about them, they run him into the ground every chance they get. He's learning the "don't put it in writing" and "careful who you allow access to your life" lessons. I already have a general distrust of people unfortunately. I question motives like it's a second job.

Backseat Radio

Did some more decluttering this morning and discovered I have 5 boxes of quart size Ziploc bags and 3 boxes of 30 gallon trash bags

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work. About to go do home visits. Been busy last night painting Chey's room. I HATE painting. So difficult not to get paint on the ceiling. :pound:
 Weekend jobs are to complete the paint/redo of Chey's room, work on getting co-worker's bike running, pick up Lou's car, hopefully, and start on the remaining 5 gazillion things I need to do.

Backseat Radio

I got called into work early today since one of our newbies called off.

Nelle

@Work. Wishing the clock would move an hour up asap. Then it'd finally be the weekend.

We are supposed to be having our upright freezer delivered this weekend! I've already got things in my Sams Club cart ready to checkout for pick up when I know it's hooked up and working. I cannot wait to have plenty of room for frozen veggies, pizzas, meats, ahhhhh..

Lynx

I hear that! I live on freezer space. And it's active... we don't let anything settle to the bottom and stay there three years.
"Do you sing at church?"