News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Its been a crazy day.  Thought I was suppose to work at 11:30 A.M.  Discovered when I logged on to take my virus screening that I was actually suppose to be at work at 11 A.M.  Opps.  Then one of my coworkers went home about an hour into his shift because of how sick he was.  That left me and one of the newbie college kids to run the department all evening.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Worked early shift today. It was none stop. Finally made it to quitting time and it's storming and raining like no one's business. That gave me the excuse to go veg in the recliner vs doing something constructive.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm working 2nd shift as usual tonight and running electronics and photo lab by myself the last 4 hours of my shift. The toy department gal was nice enough to babysit my department for 15 minutes so I could get my last break.

Roscoe

I don't understand Walmart. Seems like they intentionally run every one of their stores shorthanded all the time. :pound:

Morning all. It's rained none stop since yesterday evening. My yard looks like a lake. I'm dragging as usual. Stopped by Sonic for the first time in months. Maybe a Route 44 and their breakfast burrito will get me going.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining here today. We could use some.

Nelle

Raining here as well.

@Work. Didn't work yesterday due to feeling ill, but back to my normal today. I then took a tumble down the stairs this morning thanks to the slipperiness of the the deck stairs. LOL. I told Jeremy that I wasn't sure exactly how it all went down, or how I landed.. but I got up as soon as I could b/c I was afraid someone saw me LOL. I banged up my arm and my leg, and while I'm sure they'll be bruised, I'm glad I didn't break anything.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 02, 2020, 12:39:18 PMI don't understand Walmart. Seems like they intentionally run every one of their stores shorthanded all the time. :pound:

[cynic-mode]
Saves money.
[/cynic-mode]
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Lord. Today was a "keep my spirit right" day. This evening, Lou calls and tells me the a/c is not working in our new to us Caddy. Long story short, it appears the thermostat stuck. I call the dealership, get a bit of a runaround, finally ends in a tow. I had to grab my temper a time or two. They have us in a 2020 Buick SUV of some type until the Caddy is repaired. I was more than a bit annoyed to pay what I did for a three year old car and it be in the shop within two weeks- before I even have the paperwork to license it...

Lynx

They sent a tow truck for a car with no AC?

How does Lou like the SUV? Y'all might wind up trading for it. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 03, 2020, 10:28:16 AMThey sent a tow truck for a car with no AC?

How does Lou like the SUV? Y'all might wind up trading for it. :cool:
Well, the A/C was one symptom. With the temp gauge not working, or showing cold, it was likely to have a stuck thermostat, which, if driven, could cause the motor to overheat and lock up.
 And no, she is as annoyed as I. The little Buick, while nice, is smaller, which is why we declined to consider purchasing one two weeks ago- they had been on our list until we saw them in person and found the lack of space. And it doesn't have half the features of the Cadillac. No, Mama is quite determined to get back in her Caddy and will not entertain the idea of a lowly Buick. LOL

Actually not raining here today. We managed to make it to church last night, a few minutes late, but there. And today, after talking with the boss, I am taking tomorrow off. When Lou gets off work, I am whisking her away to Branson for a night or two, to enjoy a nice hotel with a hot tub. She has put up with me for 17 years on Saturday.

MsJennJenn

and it's not just walmart. we're spread so thin everyone's about to implode here at the cvs/pharmacy....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

My regards to your lady, Bobby, on her commendable patience.
Also congratulations and all that stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. FinallY Friday!! I'm so excited for a three day weekend! We are getting a freezer the next weekend, so I'm going to be cleaning like a mad woman this weekend in prep! I'm SO excited to finally get a chance to have a store of foods again! LOL..

Don't worry. I'm still needing a nap. That hasn't changed.

sunlight

Congrats on the anniversary. Off topic, but How does Lou feel about the loss of the camper?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on September 04, 2020, 07:37:27 PMCongrats on the anniversary. Off topic, but How does Lou feel about the loss of the camper?
She's okay with it. Chey has grown so much in the last year that we really couldn't use it as a family anymore. She simply don't fit. The kid had shot up. So since we never used it, Lou really did not care. She just expects me to turn the newest addition to the Corvette fleet into cash money at some time...
Neither of us has had much time to think about any hobby actions as of late. Life has kicked our behinds. Sam has been under construction for the last 4 months- we've got him down to bleeding brakes and getting the starter rebuilt, about a 3 hour job, and I can't find time to do that.
My job has me working late, and then rushing for church related things, as does Lou's; spare time is rare and quickly hogged up by 10k projects.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lord. Lou has shopped me to a frazzle. She bought umpteen pairs of shoes, enjoy "Klassy Girl Boutique" entirely too much...Glad I planned, saved and budgeted for this. LOL

We just got back from Branson. Beautiful, but too crowded. We stayed outside, and limited any time inside or around people though, so hopefully we are good.
 Sitting here catching up the check register looking at the damage. :smirk:
Got all the paperwork in for the Cadillac, so I'll get it licensed next week. That will ease my mind some- I HATE having stuff like that undone.

Lynx

Oh yeah, Chey is a Pastor's Kid now... Has anybody informed her that she's supposed to act up and do crazy stuff as a PK? Gotta support the stereotype y'know.

(Our pastor's son is growing up into a fine young man... but being wild IS the PK stereotype.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

church was strange this morning. Pastor's family and most of our music team were out of town today so our music for this morning was pre recorded and played on the video screens. Our associate Pastor preached and did a special song right in the middle of his sermon.

I'm not happy with my car cd player.  It hasn't worked since my dad changed the alternator on my car.  The radio works just fine but when I put a cd in it attempts to load and then says "error".  It also got 2 cd's stuck in the player this morning that even forced eject wouldn't spit out.  Had to use a blank cd to unjam the 2 that got stuck so the  player would eject them.

Lynx

That doesn't sound like a problem caused by a different alternator... But if it did start at the exact same time the alternators were switched, eh... (shrug) who knows?

I'd rip all the CDs to computer, load them on my phone and play through the radio's AUX port, but that's just me.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on September 06, 2020, 06:40:50 PMThat doesn't sound like a problem caused by a different alternator... But if it did start at the exact same time the alternators were switched, eh... (shrug) who knows?

I'd rip all the CDs to computer, load them on my phone and play through the radio's AUX port, but that's just me.

The CD player was temperamental even before the alternator died but at least it worked most of the time. Unfortunately the car is old enough it doesn't have an AUX port and I'm not sure FM transmitters are all that good.  At least I live in an area that has 4 or 5 Christian radio stations to choose from.

Lynx

I've tried them and FM local transmitters... at least the consumer grade ones I could get... were total junk.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a roast in the pan cooking for lunch. It's hard to cook when nothing sounds good.