News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Y'all need to move up to Tennessee. Just saying. We got Alabama and Mississippi to shield us from all that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

They saying we will get 5-8 inches this week. Not what I want, I am trying to get some stuff outside done.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I'd rather have the rain than wildfires like California.

Backseat Radio

Wore myself out today.  Management had me spider wrapping TV's and putting them on a stack base in the middle of my department since a whole bunch of them came on tonight's truck.  My back is still telling me off about it.  Fuji is supposed to come in tomorrow and start installing new equipment in the photo lab.

Lynx

BSR: Wait, is this Walmart? Best Buy? I can look up spider-wrapping, but I can't google which store you w*rk at.

Speaking of which, google tells me spider-wrapping is where you attach anti-theft devices to the products. Huh.  If I hadn't googled it I would have guessed it was a method of stacking the products.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on August 25, 2020, 11:26:51 AMBSR: Wait, is this Walmart? Best Buy? I can look up spider-wrapping, but I can't google which store you w*rk at.

Speaking of which, google tells me spider-wrapping is where you attach anti-theft devices to the products. Huh.  If I hadn't googled it I would have guessed it was a method of stacking the products.

I work at Walmart

Roscoe

:hi: Lord. Is the weekend ever gonna get here? It's Tuesday and I feel like I have been through 7 days already.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Im 10 hours closer to Friday than I was yesterday morning.

When all this mess is over with, I am doing two things...going on vacation and sleeping.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Want a nap.

I'm currently waiting to see if I got into poison ivy last night while trying to weed out the jungle garden that is in our poor Trigger's old pen. He would not be happy with us for letting his apartment get so overrun. It was SO hot and I'm pretty sure I also got some scratches from what appeared to either be corn or hay growing, haha. I pulled most of what I pulled out by the roots, so hopefully we can get it tilled up and keep it from coming back again. All those years of getting him straw for his hut in the winter.. hello garden! LOL..

I legit intensely dislike yard work. I hate being hot and sweaty. Sweat literally went into my eye. That stings. Then I had to go inside and clean up the cats' room. I giggled when I went inside to cool off and told our girl cat Tabby that I stole all her pooh. I know her reaction was probably just coincidence, but it was still funny to me. Her head snapped around and she just looked at me kinda crazy. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

They've told the folks in Galveston it's mandatory that they evacuate...
Crazy hurricanes.

Backseat Radio

Showed up for work to find 5 or 6 pallets of photo equipment strewn around the photo lab area and a tech from Fuji putting stuff together.  The tech got 3 of our new printers put together today and he still has more to install tomorrow.  Here's what one of them looks like.

Backseat Radio

Here's what the other 2 printers the Fuji tech put together today look like

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I need one of those to print some large banners of Corvettes, ect.
Well, I had dumb husband moment last night. Went to bed about 9- woke wide away at midnight. In all the drama of the past week, I realized that while I had called the insurance company and got a quote for Lou's new car before we bought it, I never called and added it to the policy! And of course I can't add it online. So Lou had to drive the Jimmy in today and leave the luxobarge in the garage. There was much moaning and gnashing of teeth and I fear any of my credit earned by purchasing the thing has been erased by this folly. I will try to redeem myself by running home at lunch and swapping cars for her..

The Purple Fuzzy

The lines were super busy at the gas pump last night. People are prepping for the hurricane.

Lynx

Bobby you already have two corvettes... why do you need banners? Banners and posters are for people who do not have, but dream about some day having.

*Lynx smiles lovingly at the Kronos LS keyboard... picture on the wall.

Isn't that right my dearest?
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. So sleepy/tired. Cloudy day is kinda making things worse..

Really hope this day goes by quickly.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 26, 2020, 12:54:36 PMBobby you already have two corvettes... why do you need banners? Banners and posters are for people who do not have, but dream about some day having.

*Lynx smiles lovingly at the Kronos LS keyboard... picture on the wall.

Isn't that right my dearest?
LOL. I want a big banner to put on the shop wall , if I ever get to the point of affording another shop.

Backseat Radio

I'm sitting in the dentist chair this morning

sunlight

They are saying 85-100mph winds for our area... we shall see by tomorrow for sure.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on August 26, 2020, 03:13:06 PMI'm sitting in the dentist chair this morning

Lucky! I called yesterday and got a dentist appointment for... October 14th. Good thing I'm not in pain right now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Thankfully I didn't have any cavities in my teeth this time around.  My dentist offered me a fluoride treatment which I accepted.  The stuff tastes absolutely horrible and burned when it hit my gums but hopefully it will help my teeth. Shortly after I got home from the dentist my mom called and had me bring her home from work.  Her lungs unexpectedly locked down on her leaving her struggling to breathe or talk.  She seems to be doing better now that she's at home in the air conditioning.

Roscoe

Ouch.
 I don't worry about teeth. Well, not much. My top teeth are fake. My only concern is if I get too worked up preaching, I'll bite the saints on the first pew. :lol:

And we are sitting here after church, eating take out. Lou laid her wrapped chicken sandwich on the table and went to get something out of the freezer of the carport. Two of our three fur babies took the sandwich and split it.  It was painful and slightly humorous watching her squeal and swat them with the wrapper. I hate she didn't get her sandwich, but her swatting them and them ducking and growling at her was funny. I had to struggle to keep from laughing so I can sleep in my bed tonight.