News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

* Chseeads appears like the Ghost of Christmas past and clubs you all over the head.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 11, 2016, 07:03:08 PM
* Chseeads appears like the Ghost of Christmas past and clubs you all over the head.
Well, it's about time! Now, don't stay away so long again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

You'd have never believed that it would be rare for Cheese to show up on GP a few years ago...

Times change, people get busy, people die, but friendships made here continue.

MelodyB

I am so so SO thankful for the friendships I've made here. Several of them have far surpassed friendships I made the traditional way.

People can scoff and mock meeting people via internet all they want...so far, of all the people I have met in person, after meeting online, I have yet to have a bad experience. And I've met about 30 over the years.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

It's ok Mel, you can tell everyone the truth about me. Hehehe. :cool: ps-I'm looking at a long weekend in February or March to come visit again. Hopefully Brandon will be able to come this time.

I finished the semester with 4 A's and 1 A-. 2 of those replaced previous F's so it jumped my GPA to 3.42. I'm so close to jumping up to honors. I have 2 more years to do that.

Went to my first counseling session. What a load of malarky. I got more out of sitting down to dinner and talk to my Pastor's wife. She started off by making fun of pentecostals, then proceeded to tell me how terrible my parents are [which I am fully aware of], then kept questioning why I stayed with my husband.  :roll:  I don't even have crazy hair right now and of course I stayed with my husband!! Geez.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Hello. And Mel, I'm with you on the friends met online thing. The people I've met here have become some of my best friends, with a couple crossing the line into family, in my book.
And I don't understand why Cheese and some of the others don't take a minute or two every week or so. This is one of the few places in life I actually stay in touch with, and it's because it's my "safe place"....somewhere I can be me, be transparent, and know people won't judge but will pray for me. I assumed everyone needs such a place. But then again I could be just weird..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 13, 2016, 01:16:25 AMI judge you all the time.

:ugly:
Bah. You also pray for me, so I can overlook that. I ain't one of those "only God can judge me" types...

Heather

I miscalculated my GPA. It's 3.74 now. I'm officially in the Honors domain.  :cool:

I can understand how people 'ghost' in here. It may be some peoples 'safe space' but not everyone's is the same. Instead of shaming people for not posting daily/weekly, just be happy when they are here. I know I take my phases with this place. Have for years.

In new news: Husband came home with a used washer and dryer. I'm so excited!!!!! Tonight is our Lady's Ministry Christmas Dinner. I love [most] of the ladies at our church.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on December 13, 2016, 04:49:13 PMI miscalculated my GPA. It's 3.74 now. I'm officially in the Honors domain.  :cool:

High five. I'm sitting at 3.68 but it should hopefully go up once this weeks term is over.
I made President's List for my Summer Terms.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on December 14, 2016, 03:35:51 AMI didn't start the fire tonight at the mall.

I promise.
The fact that you feel the need to  assert your innocence is causing the investigator in me to feel like there MIGHT be some amount of guilt there... :eyebrow:

And lord. It is morning. I have a ton of work to do. My Shoulder is hurting, I have no babysitter for the next week- her school has decided to take some extra days off- and I am in a terrible mood that the coffee ain't fixing. On top of all that, I'm scheduled to teach tonight.

Nelle

Which one of you (more so than me) Northerners ordered this cold air and white looking stuff? It tried to come down some yesterday, but only a teensy amount stuck. Whew! Now if the winds could just 'chill' out, I'd be able to accept this coldness.

This time of year, I almost can't stand working every day! I want to sit at home under a blanket, (if I had one up) look at a tree, and watch Hallmark Christmas movies!

I've been desperately trying to catch up on our church books so that I don't have any all nighters in January to get the donation lists out. I meant to do these as I went along month-by-month, and... time seems to just slip away from you if you don't keep a tight hold on it.

I've had my Christmas shopping done for a little while now, but I have yet to wrap one single present, haha. We have our Christmas program at church this Sunday, so I will have to wrap the sunday school kids presents this week(end) sometime. Hopefully that will kick-start my own personal wrapping.

Roscoe

It weren't me. I'm more southern than you was and it shows...Made it through the church service. Fixin' to go to bed..

Heather

I want snow!!!!!

Also I'm now sick with the sinus/cold junk that is going around. Sigh.

High Five back to Jenn!

Today is the first day I haven't ran the washer and dryer. Maybe I'll do blankets tomorrow!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

We are supposed to have windchills close to zero this weekend, and a possibility of some ice and snow.. If it has to do this it needs to do it Monday through Thursday. Cause I don't need that mess to interfere with my week of vacation. I'd rather get an extra day off as I'm not "essential personnel" for the first time in 15 years.

Heather

If it's going to be this cold, I want there to be snow on the ground.

Roscoe

Yep. It's cold. Strangely, it's supposed to be a high of 74 tomorrow. Then, Sunday- a low of 14. Go figure.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 16, 2016, 01:54:49 AM...as I'm not "essential personnel" for the first time in 15 years.
And don't it feel goooooooooood!  :rotfl:  :chairspin:  :hyper:  :party:

People who are essential personnel know the meaning of the phrase "popularity is such a burden."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Indeed. It'll feel even better when I actually get to use that status...
 Morning, all. If it hits the forecasted temp or close, I'm gonna go clean out the shop and straighten up the outdoors. Because it looks like the last time I'll get to work outside without freezing for a while..

Heather

There are always layers Roscoe. Hehe. A relatively new convert at church was complaining about the cold. I jokingly told her to stop to complaining because when i got into church 16 years ago there weren't even fleece lined leggings around. The pastor's wife completely cracked up and said 'what did we even do before leggings'. Lol.

On the same note, I joined a gym this week. Today was my 2nd day going. The beefy armed men of the gym have apparently never seen a girl on the treadmill in a skirt before.  :cool:

Roscoe

Layers. Ick. I'll just huddle next to the fire, thank you. :lol:
I cleaned out the shop today, and the carport, and did something I absolutely hated. One of my beloved redbud trees in the front yard has need to come down for a couple years. The entire trunk was rotted and hollow. I've put it off, because it's so pretty in bloom  and it provided so much shade, but as I looked, I could see that if it fell the wrong way, it could tear the electrical line off the house. Given the fact we often have ice storms at least once ever winter, I went ahead and cut it down and hauled it off. Next spring when it warms up, I will have to figure out what flowerbed I can put there to fill the hole until I can find a fast growing tree to plant.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Even the Bible says something about at the scent of water the root will grow back. There's hope yet for yon redbud.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: