News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work. Eating lunch.

Started feeling all allergy-like on Tuesday afternoon, sneezing, etc. Felt worse yesterday. Didn't sleep well last night thanks to a constant runny nose. Today I have a headache plus runny nose. Every now and then I'll cough, but not enough to say "I have a cough" lol. BUT it seems slightly less icky than yesterday. I'm chugging the orange juice in the AM plus some 'behind the counter' allergy meds.. so hopefully allergy or cold or whatever - I'm hopefully kicking it out sooner. If I feel worse tomorrow, I'll have to get into the express care. I can't mess up my momma's trip to see me next week OR Jeremy's trip to Atlanta either. I'm wearing a mask if I'm away from my desk just for my coworkers' sake.

We had a big scare yesterday with our nephew. He's not completely out of harm's way yet today even. He was in PE class on the track and started having an accelerated heart rate with chest pain. They rushed him to our local (less than great) hospital since it was up the road. He was still with the high heart rate for 2 hours and counting after trying several things and running an EKG which looked normal, so they finally got him e-vac'd to Cardinal Glennon in StL. He has been SO scared because he was also tested for COVID and tested positive. We just lost our Papa last fall from COVID & pneumonia. He was so scared he was going to die like Papa (his words). So needless to say, we've been praying like crazy. His momma is with him in StL and they're quarantined together. He still keeps spiking a heart rate and fever, but has been able to eat. They're running more tests today. They think COVID is attacking his nervous system.

Around the same time this news hit, I found out my best friend growing up.. his wife was diagnosed with cervical cancer in the last year or so. They have found tumors all over the place and they're malignant. They need a miracle. Her name is Meghan. I was heartbroken to hear the news, and I cannot imagine what they are feeling.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on August 25, 2022, 05:03:00 PMStarted feeling all allergy-like on Tuesday afternoon, sneezing, etc. Felt worse yesterday. Didn't sleep well last night thanks to a constant runny nose. Today I have a headache plus runny nose. Every now and then I'll cough, but not enough to say "I have a cough" lol. BUT it seems slightly less icky than yesterday. I'm chugging the orange juice in the AM plus some 'behind the counter' allergy meds.. so hopefully allergy or cold or whatever - I'm hopefully kicking it out sooner.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

We used a home test for COVID last night and I tested negative. Hopefully that's still the case at Express Care today, hahaha. I'm going after work. I'm having a VERY hard time concentrating at work tho. Every noise is magnified.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on August 26, 2022, 03:25:07 PMWe used a home test for COVID last night and I tested negative. Hopefully that's still the case at Express Care today, hahaha. I'm going after work. I'm having a VERY hard time concentrating at work tho. Every noise is magnified.
Not to upset or worry you, but those home tests don't seem to be the most reliable. The ones I have, I tested negative twice on two different tests, and 6 hours later was positive at the local health department. :pound:
Whatever the case, I hope it's over quickly and you begin to feel better.
 Beautiful here today. I'm bored stiff. My work sistah done took vacation , leaving me stuck at work looking at four walls. However they did make it a "jean day". Therefore, I am happy- my bosses know that jean day means Bobby looks like a farmer. Hey, overalls ARE jeans- well, jean material. I am in my comfy clothes...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

You're doing 4 10's now right? Or has that started yet?

I'm going to that express clinic, so I may get to find out officially through them if they decide to check that too, haha. Which is fine. I'd honestly rather someone professional do the testing than trying to do that at home, hahaha. I also purchased a Navage system today from Target, so I'll probably be doing that tonight. I need some good sleep! And I don't want this to get into my chest system like it had started to overnight. Allergens here are super high, but they're staying that way for a while according to the forecast. My mom and dad aren't feeling well either 3 hours south from us, but I'm not sure what's going on with them. Hopefully we can all be well so everyone can do their trips. I'm just glad I'm not going anywhere, so.. I'll just be miserable at work/home if I don't get better quickly haha.

I think that if my headache would just go away, I could handle most of this better. Advil isn't touching it tho.

Roscoe

Oh yes, I'm on four tens now. Loving it. Went flea marketing with Lou today. Up late (1230am) because our bedclothes are in the dryer, and I don't wanna go try to find others. I need to stop being cheap and just buy several new sets of sheets, but lord they are high.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If the two home tests were negative and the health department test was positive, are you positive the positive test was correct? I'm a bit negative about the accuracy of theirs as well.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 28, 2022, 11:04:16 AMIf the two home tests were negative and the health department test was positive, are you positive the positive test was correct? I'm a bit negative about the accuracy of theirs as well.
Pretty sure in this case theirs was accurate, since the only reason I'd tested was I felt like crud and had all the symptoms.
Anyhooo. So, tomorrow I got to go in to work, tell the boss I'm taking half a day, and go preach a funeral of a man I've never met and know nothing more about than he liked to fish, liked to fight, and apparently either didn't have a pastor or the pastor can't be bothered to do the funeral. Fun times.
And it's 11 pm and I am not remotely tired.

Lynx

When in doubt, read the obituary and extemporize from there. Or at least that's what I've seen most preachers do in such cases.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Pretty much what I'll do..
Morning all. Plugging through the morning. Getting several second looks from my coworkers- they are used to me in uniform or in overalls. I don't think they've ever seen me in a tie before...

MsJennJenn

Back to work today after being off 10 days. One of my teams wives passed away. They lost a baby two weeks ago and now her. Please keep the Koontz family in your prayers. She leaves behind a husband (my team member) and 2+ other children.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

So sad. :( Will be praying for them. I can't imagine navigating that.

@Work. Feeling somewhat better, but i still have a cough, ear fullness, congestion slightly. Still better than last week tho.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's terrible, Jenn. Was it complications from the baby?

Roscoe

:hi: Prayers as well...
Back at work. Got my work car aligned, chatted with the big, big boss, and now I'm chillin' til quitting time...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2022, 01:50:33 PMPretty much what I'll do..
Morning all. Plugging through the morning. Getting several second looks from my coworkers- they are used to me in uniform or in overalls. I don't think they've ever seen me in a tie before...

Tell them you will preach their funeral for 40 bucks if they will stop staring for the rest of the day.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. I need to be rich.......

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 31, 2022, 02:18:43 PMThat's terrible, Jenn. Was it complications from the baby?

She had sickle cell? Also had covid/pneumonia. It just kinda all added up. :(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Morning all. It is Friday. A bit misty, and overcast- but FRIDAY! :clap:  :clap:
Not sure whether to be overly happy about the holiday or not- I get a three day weekend as always, but so do the guys working 8 hour shifts. BUT- I also will get an extra day to bank I can take off later- if, of course I find time to do so.
We are supposed to get our long awaited bonus possibly this paycheck. I'm ready for it- it'll be nice to have a bit of money in the back again, and even nicer to complete my carport. Ready for my cars to be protected. That's probably the biggest drawback I have to collecting vehicles like I do. There simply isn't enough roof space to store them in...:pound:

Lynx

Yeah laptops stack a lot better than cars...

Of course you won't see many people using a fifty year old computer. Fifty year old cars are still useful if maintained properly.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Computers barely last 5 years if that.
My car is a 2011 haha still trekking woooooo.

Its been so gloomy all week. Raining now again. I'm over it.
Just praying for no rain on October 23rd. That's all I care about.

Kitty cat hates the rain. She's hiding. lol
It's 12:30 and I need to clock out so i can use my full  8 hours of vac for MOnday.
but i doubt that will happen and then I dont get to use as much vacation. so irritating. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Got some company coming this weekend. Cooked a brisket and made a couple pecan pies. Will finish the rest later.

Nelle

@Work. Counting down the minutes (there are still 79 of them) until the end of the day. I was SO tired last night, I fell asleep in the recliner while trying to watch Mysteries of the Abandoned on Discovery+ with my momma, hahaha. I was so grumpy, and then today is an early wake-up day due to work schedules on Fridays. I wanted to stay home so bad. Hopefully I won't be this tired tomorrow because we are going over to Cape for the day.

Roscoe

:hi: Hope everyone enjoys the holiday. Personally, I don't want to do anything..lol

The Purple Fuzzy

We had two sets of company yesterday. I'm peopled out.

Lynx

Aside from slightly more business at w*rk, this weekend has been much like any other for me.

I bet this week is gonna be slow. Everybody done spent all their money over the holiday weekend.
"Do you sing at church?"