News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I wonder if Lou left Roscoe in one of those thrift stores? ;)

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 06, 2023, 10:06:40 PMI wonder if Lou left Roscoe in one of those thrift stores? ;)
He's a good bargain. She'd have to go back for him.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I can't remember if I mentioned a week or so ago.. I shopped online at Goodwill & Goodwill Finds? My stuff came in yesterday! I'm THRILLED! I got some brand name purses in excellent condition for a mere fraction of the gigantic retail price. Like I paid $39.99 for a seemingly brand new (minus tags of course) Kate Spade purse on the Goodwill Finds site! I also won an auction on the regular Goodwill site for an iPad Air 2 for my mom to replace her old ipad mini I gave her a decade ago. She can't play her bubble pop game anymore on it due to not getting any more updates. With taxes, shipping, and price, I paid $70. I got it up and running last night, so I'll be taking it down to her in a few weeks when I go visit! I feel like I robbed a store LOL.

MsJennJenn

I didnt even know you could shop Goodwill online. lol

Waiting to hear about the Aetna job is excruciating. Sigh.
Hubbs has his first recruiter interview for the Lawton store director position. Everyone seems to think he's gonna get it but again, more waiting.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping experience, hahaha. You pay shipping of course, but the prices are good for the brand name items.

I got a few wallets, two purses, and one dress. And then an ipad from that auction-based site of theirs. Love it.

I love a Goodwill trip, store or online. :)

@work. Starving so I guess I'll eat lunch. I need a nap.. story of my life, haha.

Roscoe

Hi. I yet remain.
Been busy...posted a bit on fb but otherwise I've limited online time.
The Smokies are beautiful.
Lou has shopped her heart out, and my wallet out.
The concerts were amazing.
Had a God moment tonight of confirmation directly to me from a man who had never met me before Tiesday, lives in Georgia,  and the only thing he knew was that I had told him I was a pastor from Arkansas.
He came up to me tonight, told me some things that confirmed what had already been told me, that I had been praying about, and the power of God hit and we both stood to one side in an autito full of people, speaking in tongues  and praising God.
Amazing  when God does things like that. So glad He has people that obey Him, too. Been fun. But I'm ready to head home and kiss my baby girl and cuddle with my sweet baby dog..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Friday finally.  :clap:

Interview Monday for a hybrid position in Dallas.
Have another request for a Fidelity position interview. Again hybrid though.
Desperately waiting to hear back on the Aetna job.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

So tired. Couldn't fall asleep until after 2:30am.. had to be up at 6am for work.

Wedding shower for a girl in our church (her last service w/ us is Sunday :() at 10am tomorrow about 40 minutes away and then at 5pm we are having her a personal shower about 20 minutes away from me. lol. THEN it's our weekend to clean the church, so we will be doin that after the party - unless it's super nice Saturday, then I might go between parties and do some of the cleaning so I won't be there all night long.

Roscoe

Shew. Left Gatlinburg at 6 this morning. Ran backroads all the way to Dickson, TN, to avoid big cities. Thought about running down to Chattanooga and calling Mel, but was so tired of driving, with another 10 hours ahead, we didn't.
Stopped in Smithville and visited a minister friend who took me on a tour of their church, then back on the road. Finally got home at 730pm. Of course, we stopped for Lou to shop occasionally, but 13 hours in the truck proved that the truck is fairly comfortable- and I'm not made out to be an over the road trucker.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I just can't do those extended drives anymore.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 09, 2023, 02:05:48 AMShew. Left Gatlinburg at 6 this morning. Ran backroads all the way to Dickson, TN, to avoid big cities. Thought about running down to Chattanooga and calling Mel, but was so tired of driving, with another 10 hours ahead, we didn't.
Stopped in Smithville and visited a minister friend who took me on a tour of their church, then back on the road. Finally got home at 730pm. Of course, we stopped for Lou to shop occasionally, but 13 hours in the truck proved that the truck is fairly comfortable- and I'm not made out to be an over the road trucker.
Are we talking about back roads as in they don't have a highway number and you will probably see signs advertising farm fresh chicken eggs? Or are we talking about back roads as in highway 100, instead of taking the freeway?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Hi.
 Isaac, sorry I haven't answered. Been trying to get caught up. So much has happened here, I can't begin to tell it all. Seems to be good though.  We ran back roads as in two lanes, instead of the freeway. It was an enjoyable vacation.
Looks like I get to add to my frequent driver miles Friday- a saint lost his mother in law, and while I don't think he is overly saddened, the deceased didn't have a home church. So I got tagged to drive to Claremore, Oklahoma to do a graveside service for a lady I never met. My least favorite type of speaking, but it's part of the calling.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on September 11, 2023, 10:34:47 PMHi.
 Isaac, sorry I haven't answered. Been trying to get caught up. So much has happened here, I can't begin to tell it all. Seems to be good though.  We ran back roads as in two lanes, instead of the freeway. It was an enjoyable vacation.
Looks like I get to add to my frequent driver miles Friday- a saint lost his mother in law, and while I don't think he is overly saddened, the deceased didn't have a home church. So I got tagged to drive to Claremore, Oklahoma to do a graveside service for a lady I never met. My least favorite type of speaking, but it's part of the calling.

Whoa. Claremore is where my former pastor was pastoring for a few years until the last 1-2 years. They're now in Iowa.

@work. We had a special church service last night with the missionary to Israel (they were also with us Sunday AM), and now I'm thinking it's Thursday over here, hahaha. I'm gonna have to keep reminding myself it's only Tuesday!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on September 12, 2023, 02:23:42 PM

Whoa. Claremore is where my former pastor was pastoring for a few years until the last 1-2 years. They're now in Iowa.

@work. We had a special church service last night with the missionary to Israel (they were also with us Sunday AM), and now I'm thinking it's Thursday over here, hahaha. I'm gonna have to keep reminding myself it's only Tuesday!
Was the missionary blind? If so, he was just at the church one of my friends, Bro Huling, attends in  Smithville, Tennessee. Bro Huling said they were awesome.
I am so dragging today, trying to catch up from the break. I loved the vacation but lord the catch up....

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on September 12, 2023, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: Nelle on September 12, 2023, 02:23:42 PM

Was the missionary blind? If so, he was just at the church one of my friends, Bro Huling, attends in  Smithville, Tennessee. Bro Huling said they were awesome.
I am so dragging today, trying to catch up from the break. I loved the vacation but lord the catch up....

He is! He's got such an incredible testimony. Very sweet couple. Their puppy was also a big hit at our church, hahaha.

Quote from: mini on September 12, 2023, 03:04:17 PMNelle, who was your former pastor?

John & Bonnie Chance!

The Purple Fuzzy

We are finally getting some much needed rain. Cooler temps, too.  :)

Roscoe

Cooler here too. Down right nice. Taught/preached tonight. Moving closer to weekend...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I'm still here.

All of you are still there.

That is all.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I'm not all here either, so whatever works.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Shew lawd. So- made it through the day yesterday. Today-Drove 3 and a half hours over, preached the funeral, drove back. Intended to sit down and was notified one of my parolees got stupid and was arrested for a crime that required a trip to town and a report to my supervisor. Just got back home a few ago. Been a long day.