News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankful we've finally been getting some rain.

MsJennJenn

It's thundering and gloomy. But no rain as of yet.
Pleaseeeeee rainnnnnnnnnnn my yards and garden NEED it. :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 12, 2018, 05:05:28 PMLet me used the hammer, I'll make it give. 
Quote from: Lynx on July 12, 2018, 05:57:06 PMWhat I wouldn't give for a "multi-like" button...

Why do I get the distinct impression that you clowns intend to hit ME with the hammer?!?

:pound: Sorry dogs. And I say that with an apology to canines around the world for insulting them.

Made it though the day. Back pain has let up a bit. I soaked for about an hour since Lou and Chey went to her moms.  Went out and put a intake vent into the side of the Scotty for the air conditioner. That was scary, cutting a hole into the side of it, but it came out ok.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. I can actually walk today, thank God. REALLY wanted to call in today, but I don't do that. Scale shows a slight movement in the right direction. I haven't drank a DR Pepper in three days, so that's a win..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Being sick for a month = no fun.....:nono:

I mean I know mucus is helpful to the body, but this much just CANT BE HELPFUL!!!!

* MsJennJenn gags from the influx of mucus in her throat
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 13, 2018, 04:31:16 PMBeing sick for a month = no fun.....:nono:

I mean I know mucus is helpful to the body, but this much just CANT BE HELPFUL!!!!

AMEN.

Howdy, all. 

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 13, 2018, 04:31:16 PMBeing sick for a month = no fun.....:nono:

Reading this made my donut holes suddenly taste weird...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Got up this morning and helped complete the church roof. Took Kim furniture shopping, then came home. I need to do yard work and finish some projects outdoors, but with it being 100 degrees outside, it'll wait.

The Purple Fuzzy

I walked outside this evening for a few minutes and was dripping sweat.
I got to see Chel & baby Bobby today.  :bigcheese:

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Mini and Roscoe there is thread om pain you need to go answer the questions in!

Everyone else should go answer the questions as well!!!

The top 2 know why I'm asking!!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 15, 2018, 01:28:36 AMI walked outside this evening for a few minutes and was dripping sweat.
I got to see Chel & baby Bobby today.  :bigcheese:
The secret is to never stop moving. If you stop moving the breeze you get from motion stops blowing. Keep moving and moving fast and you'll always have a breeze to cool off.

When I'm biking home from w*rk I'm okay as long as I keep moving. If I ever stop moving I am instantly sopping wet.

My cow*rkers comment a lot about "You're riding a bike in this heat?!" I tell them to just be glad that I ride to w*rk in the morning when it is cooler, and I ride home in the afternoon when it is hotter. When I get home I smell a lot worse than when I get to w*rk.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

As a friend recently said " It's hotter than Hell's gate hinges here".  I slept in today (Lou had to work) and got up around 11. Went outside and cleaned up the driveway where I've been working on the camper, moved the teardrop deeper into the rv port as I haven't had time to cart it over to it's next home, then moved the camper over in front of it. Worked up quite the sweat just doing that.

Heather

These headaches need to stop. Every. Single. Day. For almost 2 months now. The doctors just keep telling me its allergies and all the pain is along my sinus cavities. There has to be SOMETHING that can be done.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 15, 2018, 08:14:35 PMAs a friend recently said " It's hotter than Hell's gate hinges here".  I slept in today (Lou had to work) and got up around 11. Went outside and cleaned up the driveway where I've been working on the camper, moved the teardrop deeper into the rv port as I haven't had time to cart it over to it's next home, then moved the camper over in front of it. Worked up quite the sweat just doing that.
Well no wonder! You do outside work in the MORNING when it's not so hot. Then you take a siesta.

Early to bed and early to rise...
And you don't have to suffer from temperature highs.
"Do you sing at church?"

Ashlee

taco_harvell

If anyone is awake, I need prayer now!!!

A sharp pain shot through me and woke me up... another tooth has broken.

Hurting bad!!!!

I wish I could get these last few on top pulled and get an upper denture. Except for JESUS, there is no hope in that!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on July 16, 2018, 08:07:03 AMIf anyone is awake, I need prayer now!!!

A sharp pain shot through me and woke me up... another tooth has broken.

Hurting bad!!!!

I wish I could get these last few on top pulled and get an upper denture. Except for JESUS, there is no hope in that!

Praying. And bub if you come through here, there's a place where I got mine done called affordable dentures. They pull and make the dentures, fairly cheap..

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on July 15, 2018, 06:08:32 AMMini and Roscoe there is thread om pain you need to go answer the questions in!

Everyone else should go answer the questions as well!!!

The top 2 know why I'm asking!!!

I've read it and I am thinking...

Praying too...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

And good morning all. And What Mini said, Taco.

I have a praise report. * Warning, long**
As y'all know Lou had surgery recently and was off of work. Her job provides a short term disability benefit, but it is very meager- like a third of her pay after taxes and insurance is taken out. We were around a $2k to $2500 loss in income. And let me tell you, even if you are careful and have a rainy day fund, it hurts. Of at least it did at our house. I was prepared for a couple of rainy days, not the equivalent of "Noah build the ark one more time". And the timing- poor. Chey's tuition, insurance, everything BIG hit. I compounded stupidity,by buying the scotty camper from savings, thinking that Lou wouldn't be without pay that long.. Mistake.
It got tight, and I did some juggling. Not bankrupt, but it hurt. I had told Lou and Bro Wilson both that there was a possibility our offerings would be down a bit, as well as our tithe.  Bro Wilson said he understood.
Come time to write the tithe and offering check, I couldn't do it. I made it for the normal amount- both tithe and offering. Our church is small and I knew that it was needed, and I also knew if I stayed faithful He would be too.
Yesterday's lesson in Sunday School was on "The Ministry of Giving". We had an impromptu round of testimony/sharing afterwards.
I shared all of this, along with the fact that we had received monetary blessing in the past month- an insurance premium refund, although small , helpful- A refund for our escrow account being overfunded and a lower payment on the house, a debt repaid at precisely the right time.
Now I have to set the stage for the next bit- our job with the state has provided for years a merit pay based on performance evaluation and money available. Depending on the available state funds, and your performance evaluation, you typically get 1 to 3% of your base salary in a lump sum in July.
They changed things this year. Instead of a lump sum, you get the percentage hourly on your check, which means an extra $10 or $15 bucks a pay period. Now, it is important to note that I am blessed to be maxxed out. that means I don't get pay raises, ect. And when you make $15k more than your coworker, and $10k more than your boss, it's poor form to complain. :lol:

I anticipated no raise. No bonus. Especially since we usually get it the FIRST check in July. Then I was told that maxxed out folks *might get a small bonus*. I claimed it during my testimony at church yesterday, thinking I'd be lucky to get $200 after taxes.
Folks, I got my check stub from our payroll clerk this morning. She brought it to me without me asking. After taxes, God gave me a $924 bonus!!! IT could NOT have came at a better time. I nearly broke down crying and wanting to shout, and you can bet I called Bro Wilson. And you can also bet my tithe and offering  will reflect it this week!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Heather on July 15, 2018, 10:57:04 PMThese headaches need to stop. Every. Single. Day. For almost 2 months now. The doctors just keep telling me its allergies and all the pain is along my sinus cavities. There has to be SOMETHING that can be done.

Do you take an allergy pill every day?
Also, if you're taking pain meds on the regular for it you could just be giving yourself a rebound headache.

I went from having a headache almost daily to 1-3 a month. I was giving myself rebound headaches from taking over the counter meds. Been seeing a neurologist for over a year now and these are things I know! lol

But I'm a Texan also - an allergy pill on the regular is necessary. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Lynx

Poopady? They must have changed the lyrics of that song since I was a child. I thought the original song had more zip in it.

And Bobby, glad to hear that.

I have no highs or lows to report today. Everything is pretty much on an even keel. The worst thing that has happened to me lately is it was raining yesterday morning so I couldn't ride my bike to w*rk. The best thing recently was I ate a large amount of buttermilk pie.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 17, 2018, 11:12:38 AMPoopady? They must have changed the lyrics of that song since I was a child. I thought the original song had more zip in it.

And Bobby, glad to hear that.

I have no highs or lows to report today. Everything is pretty much on an even keel. The worst thing that has happened to me lately is it was raining yesterday morning so I couldn't ride my bike to w*rk. The best thing recently was I ate a large amount of buttermilk pie.

ARGH!!! Ok, I'm going to tell on Lou. One day a week or two ago she fried something. Chicken, squash, green tomatoes- I don't know exactly what because I normally don't eat things like that. (With the exception of chicken). I have a large plastic canister with self-rising flour stored in it. A few days ago, I am starving for a buttermilk pie, so I thaw out a pie crust- yes, I'm lazy and use store-bought- and mix up a pie. While baking I notice it doesn't smell quite right. I taste it after it has baked.
I spit it all over. My loving wife had brainlessly poured her salty seasoned fried foods coating flour BACK into my pristine self rising flour. Stupid pies tasted like fried chicken and buttermilk pie combined, which combination does NOT work.
 I have now banned her from my flour canister.

Morning, all. Back at stupid work.

Lynx

Well I just got the recipe Sunday morning, so I whipped up a batch Sunday afternoon after church. I didn't bother with pie shells though, I just cooked the mixture in the mixing bowl to see what would happen. The mixture was supposed to make two pies... somewhere around late Sunday night I realized I had eaten half the bowl of buttermilk pie filling. That is enough for a whole pie!

Today I am trying to be really good and avoid sugar as much as possible. My body probably needs the break from sugar.
"Do you sing at church?"