News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Please pray for me tomorrow - -2-22-2013

Started by Scott, February 21, 2013, 07:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

As some of you may know, due to health reasons I lost my job and the doctors have not cleared me to return to work. My doctors informed me that I would not be returning to work anytime soon if at all.  The Pain clinic is trying to rehab me to the point that maybe in a couple of years I will be able to at least work a part time job.

The system is over loaded and too many people are faking injuries and medical problems hoping to get a free payday. Those of us with actual medical issues are forced to hire a lawyer (nothing against lawyers) to handle our claims.

Tomorrow at 3:00 pm (CST) is my Social Security Disability hearing. I have a specific lock in date and because of my work history and a few pretty good years income wise, I am eligible to get a reasonable disability check each month and am owed quite a few months back income.

I am nervous about this because my mind is thinking of a 1,001 things that could go wrong. My lawyers, doctors and friends who work as social workers assure me that everything will be okay - yet my cynical mind keeps running bad scenarios over and over again.

Please pray that I will find favor in the eyes of the Judge and that I will get my back pay and ongoing income until I am able to return to work on a full time basis.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

So how'd it go?

Can I borrow some money yet?

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on February 23, 2013, 01:25:59 AM
So how'd it go?

Not bad, was approved for ongoing pay, but they did not give me the full back pay I was entitled to.

Can I borrow some money yet?

:nono: You've never paid the other money back yet.  :nono:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

That's why I need to borrow some from you, so I can pay you back the prior amount.  :contract:

Newsman

I'm glad it went at least partially well for you.

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on February 23, 2013, 03:42:54 AM
That's why I need to borrow some from you, so I can pay you back the prior amount.  :contract:

:nono:  Pay back first... then John lends you the next amount.....

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Quote from: Newsman on February 23, 2013, 10:53:31 AM
I'm glad it went at least partially well for you.

It is better than being forced to live on a chicken ranch.   :freaky2:

The Never Ending Battle