Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

There are only three marital status!

1.) Married

2.) Engaged

3.) Single!

Period!

Until you say " I Do " you are single!

If you are engaged - you are single - however you are spoken for and have mad a commitment to someone.

If are dating someone, you are single!

If you like someone, but they don't like you. You are single!

If you are in a relationship, you are single!

PERIOD!

You can say: "I am single, but in relationship!"  That qualfies as single, yet lets people know you are in a relationship.

When they say "It's complicated"

They are usually dating a married person, dating an engaged person,  or  they are seeing someone, but planning to break up, but they like them so much, but there is that one thing that bugs me, but I really like him/her, however he / she drives me crazy because of (---),  It can also mean that they are seeing 2 or 3 dirfferent people, they don't know each other or maybe they do,  in some cirlces it means you are bisexual and open to other options,  maybe you have been seeing each other, yet don't know if it is a relationship yet because you are afraid what he/she will say, but then again  I am really dating someone my family and church will not approve of, or maybe I am dating my best friends (BF/GF) or...

YOU ARE SINGLE - you are making it complicated.

If it's complicated it is not a relationship!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Well... that clarifies it! LOL

Good Post... I now know that I am single... LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Scott

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 05, 2011, 05:37:57 AM
Well... that clarifies it! LOL

Good Post... I now know that I am single... LOL

My 13 year old niece posted on FB that she was in a relationship "But it's complicated" ! When you are 13, you are going to break up in a few days anyways, how complicated is that!

2 days later, she was no longer in a relationship.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

I still think it helps to have "widowed" or "divorced".  That's not the same as never married to me.

Babs

Me too pf! Mine should say: "single-time served" lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Scott

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 05, 2011, 04:58:40 PM
I still think it helps to have "widowed" or "divorced".  That's not the same as never married to me.

Not talking about that, talking about single people who list themselves as NOT SINGLE

People are either married or unmmaried.. married or single. PERIOD!  There can be qualifiers such as engaged or single but dating. Bottom line  single or married.

Anything else is simply dishonest.

The Never Ending Battle

Newsman

But, hat if they are in a committed relationship, but the depth of their relationship has yet to reach the full potential they both envisage?

Urp.

John  :waving:

World Traveler

Mine is: "Single, by popular demand".
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Scott

Quote from: Newsman on April 05, 2011, 07:15:18 PM
But, hat if they are in a committed relationship, but the depth of their relationship has yet to reach the full potential they both envisage?

Urp.

John  :waving:

Single

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

The Cold Water Kid

Man, you are tugging at some deep insecurities in our culture. Single people like to call themselves Not Single because it makes them feel better. But I agree with you; it aint healthy!

Lynx

Then there's the singlering... :P

I'm single, always have been, and mostly because of a profound lack of effort on my part it doesn't look to be changing in the near future.  I wouldn't know what to call it other than single. 

Quote from a cartoon:  "Will you be my "It's complicated" on FaceBook?"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Quote from: The Cold Water Kid on April 20, 2011, 05:01:08 AM
Man, you are tugging at some deep insecurities in our culture. Single people like to call themselves Not Single because it makes them feel better. But I agree with you; it aint healthy!

To play the devils advocate here: why do we have such deep insecurities about being HONEST?

The Never Ending Battle

The Cold Water Kid

Quote from: Scott on April 20, 2011, 09:58:20 PM
To play the devils advocate here: why do we have such deep insecurities about being HONEST?
Hmmm, good question. This is not my area of expertise (actually, I am not an expert at anything :smirk2:) but I will take a stab at it. Even though I am single at the ripe old age of 37, I am actually quite confident that I could find someone to marry if I put my mind to it. But I think many people do not have this confidence. For many I think there is a fear that they will never find anyone, maybe a fear that they are not attractive or desirable.. or even capable of having a relationship. And for some their fears may be valid, I mean lets be honest; not everyone is marriage material. But we can all be changed, by the grace of God; if it is in someones heart to be married God can make a way.

mini

Scott, saw this today and thought of you (actually on FB):

_____________________ is in a civil union.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Scott

Quote from: minnesota68 on May 11, 2011, 10:51:08 PM
Scott, saw this today and thought of you (actually on FB):

_____________________ is in a civil union.

Are they gay?  That term is generally used by the gay community rather than married.

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

I'd still call that: single.  Sorry if that offends.

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 12, 2011, 10:53:27 PM
I'd still call that: single.  Sorry if that offends.

True that.

I live in an area with lots of Gays and that Civil Union is their battle cry for same sex marriage.

The Never Ending Battle