News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Bobby: Yay for continuing education on-the-job! Guess that's a load off your mind. :)

In local news, yay for high winds! I went out to do lot check and all the trash in the parking lot had done blown across the highway. :smug:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

What? We don't have a smug smiley?

Fine. I'll just have to be content with teeth. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

LOL. Well. In the last two days it has came an absolute flood. Our septic system is overwhelmed....I know how I can fix it, have the fix mapped out- but can't do anything until is dries up!! It DID clear off around noon today and was beautiful today. Finally got the project completed and approved by the training supervisor. Hopefully, tomorrow I will get out of class early enough to go give the state the majority of my paycheck back to them to license Lou's "new" car.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 14, 2019, 10:02:16 PMWe had a crazy storm tear through town last night and really mess up one side of town. Thankfully the only "problems" we had was our electricticy blinked off a couple times and our internet has been off all day. Some folks across town have trees theough their roofs.

That storm woke us up at 4:30 with the canopy I had out in the yard protecting chickens hitting the bedroom wall. That didn't protect much. And now I have a mangled canopy.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 14, 2019, 11:50:17 PMLOL. Well. In the last two days it has came an absolute flood. Our septic system is overwhelmed....I know how I can fix it, have the fix mapped out- but can't do anything until is dries up!!
I declare, you have more problems with drainage than my sinuses after I've eaten a whole pint of ice cream! How many times does this make you have tried to fix that?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I've had to make the one decision every single pet owner dreads making....it's time for Topher to cross the rainbow bridge. He's been sick for a while but he is showing all the classic signs of liver failure now. Trying to arrange with my vet friend when she can come to the house to euthanize him. I'm so thankful she has a business to do these things at home. Toph hates the car and the vet.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Awww... I'm so sorry, Heather!! :( Goodbye is never easy! I'm so glad you have the option to do that where Topher is more comfortable!! Will be thinking of you guys!

Roscoe

Sorry, Heather.

And Isaac, that's the cold hard facts of being a homeowner. ALways something to do. We've just had an abnormally wet couple of years, which has highlighted our lack of drainage. Most of the time, no issues at all.

Trying to decide where to go for a cheap couple of days away, just a chance to spend time with the family and not much money.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

With my friend's assistance, Topher passed last night in my lap beside the water dish [his 2 favorite places]. She confirmed that he was in liver and kidney failure. He was my 1 constant for the past 10 years. He will be missed daily for as long as I'm alive. Thank you all for the condolences.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on March 16, 2019, 01:20:13 AMSorry, Heather.

And Isaac, that's the cold hard facts of being a homeowner. ALways something to do. We've just had an abnormally wet couple of years, which has highlighted our lack of drainage. Most of the time, no issues at all.

Trying to decide where to go for a cheap couple of days away, just a chance to spend time with the family and not much money.

come down here. I even know if a couple places you could stay.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Decision was made by the directors (of my life, aka Lou and Chey) to go to San Antonio. I've made it to Italy. Texas that is. Currently holed up in a motel- the only one in town, over the top of a convenience store..
Once again, No offense Jenn, but you could not PAY me to stay in Dallas. Our GPS directed me into the ghetto. I drove through rollin' on my 20s (Yes, Lou's car has 20s) with a grip on my strap, aka .45.
Apparently the GPS was mean to others too- I caught up to a quarter of a million dollar Prevost motorhome pulling a Hummer. He was the only one that looked more lost than I. :lol:
Tomorrow- the Alamo, and the Riverwalk hopefully.

mini

I actually laughed at that...

Roscoe is afraid of the getto.  So he stays in a motel on the 2nd story of a convenience store.  What's more getto here?  LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on March 18, 2019, 01:29:40 PMI actually laughed at that...

Roscoe is afraid of the getto.  So he stays in a motel on the 2nd story of a convenience store.  What's more getto here?  LOL
[/quote
Quote from: mini on March 18, 2019, 01:29:40 PMI actually laughed at that...

Roflol. I thought that.  But I was surprised  to find that the motel over the convenience store was actually  quiet  nice. Weve made it to Temple. Eating breakfast,  should be at the Alamo area by lunchish...

MsJennJenn

And you couldn't pay me to live in your podunk Arkansas town where you have to deal with your own septic system lol  :girltongue:
Nooooo thanks. We have people to do that for us. :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Have to agree with JenN on this one.

Of course our little Podunk town is basically all built on a really big hill, so we never have trouble with our septic system flooding out. But it has backed up before, and I found out we do indeed have people to deal with that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Touché, Jenn. That's what makes the world go around, life would be boring if everyone was like me. In my defense though, I only deal with septic issues when it really rains. And we have people for that too, i just am too tight to pay them. :lol:

San tonio is beautiful. And exasperating. The Alamo was cool, but too crowded for much. The River Walk is amazing. But there's no parking to be found in the entire city apparently. We've enjoyed it though. Gonna make a side trip tomorrow to go over about an hour southwest to see my great grandmother and great great grandparent's graves, then head back Arkansas way. Gonna try to avoid the big cities if I can. Will probably be around Fuzzy's area- i hope to trick Lou into a side trip to Main Trading Center, a ham radio store in Paris.

The Purple Fuzzy

Give us a holler if you get close and need a place to stay. Just let us know ahead of time.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's another pretty, sunny day. Thankful. :shine:

mini

I dislike Texas strongly.

Houston.  We rolled in at 9:30 pm. 12 lanes of traffic.  Ever driver is driving like they are in NASCARs spring training camp.  You are doing the speed limit and a 4 cylinder sedan blows by you doing 90.  Maybe that's what got me.  Most of the cars blowing by you are not cars intended to blow by you at any speed.

But what a skyline.  I bet they have more skyscrapers in their downtown than in the entirety of Oklahoma.

Ok...I looked it up.  Oklahoma City has 17 buildings higher than 250 feet.  Tulsa has 20 higher than 250 feet.  Houston's 52nd tallest building is 428 feet tall.

But I still don't like Texas.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

sooooooooooo tireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Some weather system is moving in and I have quite the headache today.

BUT - Jeremy grilled burgers last night for me, and I'm having that and the "Garlic and Herb" potatoes that you microwave. DELICIOUS! I cannot waaaaaait!!

Heather

my mother has turned into a teenage girl.

we are in the negative until payday. next week.

i miss my cat.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on March 20, 2019, 12:45:04 PMI dislike Texas strongly.

Houston.  We rolled in at 9:30 pm. 12 lanes of traffic.  Ever driver is driving like they are in NASCARs spring training camp.  You are doing the speed limit and a 4 cylinder sedan blows by you doing 90.  Maybe that's what got me.  Most of the cars blowing by you are not cars intended to blow by you at any speed.

But what a skyline.  I bet they have more skyscrapers in their downtown than in the entirety of Oklahoma.

Ok...I looked it up.  Oklahoma City has 17 buildings higher than 250 feet.  Tulsa has 20 higher than 250 feet.  Houston's 52nd tallest building is 428 feet tall.

But I still don't like Texas.

:ugly:

Dallas has 386 buildings considered "high rise". lol
and uh yes....70-75mph is the "suggested" speed limit. But in DFW no...lol Speed up or get run over!! :demand:
We are the home of a Nascar racetrack lol

Funny story is when my sis-in-law and brother moved to Terra Haute Indiana, She said she cannot handle the traffic cus it's soooo slow. Cus she's used to DFW traffic lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
Enjoying our trip. Almost back to the promised land... currently eating dinner just outside of Texarkana. 
I'll sleep in my own bed tonight.  We drove kinda hard yesterday,  and got to see Sunlight and Burrito.  They fed us and let us stay the night,  and then fed us breakfast. 
 Weve puttered in the direction of home on back roads, delayed by Lou and her Goodwill stops.
Found a real cool general Store in Jefferson,  Texas. I was amazed that it had remained open for so long, as off the beaten path as it was. After I paid for two pieces of candy and two cokes, along with a souvenir magnet, I discovered  how. It dont take many people to pay the light bill when  you divide it between two customers. 
Oh, and I got to drive a bulldozer and push things over while at Burrito's, which made a good day better.