My monitor is doing something strange

Started by rootbeer, December 27, 2007, 05:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootbeer

I am getting a little red tint in the lower left corner of my monitor, and a little green tint in the lower right corner.  Is this something going wrong with the monitor, or the computer?
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Chseeads

Sounds like someone is camping there......

(sorry...green tent....red tent.....)

:hypocrite:

Babs

means its on its way out...............

most will last a long time even when it starts doing that though.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sister_Mom

I agree with Ethyl, it could mean the screen is headed toward the grave, but those are also symptoms of a magnet having been too close to your monitor. Might want to check and make sure there aren't any devices too close to the screen that use magnets, or any photo magnets (although those might not be strong enough to cause any damage except over a long period of time).
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

I was gonna say the Magnet thing too...on my first computer, I ruined the moniter that way cause I wanted to see if I could put a magnet on the screen.

Dumb me.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

I'm with the last three posters. Had that happen once with a monitor at our house, and we had a speaker magnet to close to one corner of the screen. When we moved it, the weird tinting went away. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

The camping elves theory is still more exotic though....

Babs

fans will do this too. i had a boss one time that his monitor was doing this, when i went to check it out, he had a fan sitting right next to his monitor, when we moved it, the problem cleared up in a few hours.

My latest blog post.

LarryTheCucumber

definitely camping elves...

however, if you check the documentation for your monitor for a feature called 'degaussing', you should find instructions to chase them off ;)

rootbeer

Okay I decided to go with the elves in tents and I did an exorcism and my monitor is back to normal.
:freaky2:
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Babs

Quote from: rootbeer on December 28, 2007, 03:43:15 AM
Okay I decided to go with the elves in tents and I did an exorcism and my monitor is back to normal.
:freaky2:

:laughhard:

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel