News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Bock-Bock-Bock-Bock-Bwaaaawk!!!

Started by World Traveler, April 11, 2007, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

Ok, this is the place to do your "chicken dance"

I would like to know what all kinds of different ways you prepare your chickens before frying?
Flavor is the thing!!!
What do you batter them with?
How do you prepare the batter?
Put your recipes down here.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

myhaloisintheshop

My husband makes some MEAN fried chicken.

He takes all of the skin off--dips the chicken in egg and milk

Then in a flour mixture of flour, lemon pepper (lots) and seasoning salt.

He fries it in Crisco Butter flavored shortening.

The shortening and lemon pepper are the keys he says.

Melody

I marinade the chicken in a mixture of crushed garlic, paprika, salt, and buttermilk for at least a few hours.

Then I strain the liquid off the chicken, dip it in egg mixed with a little onion salt,

Batter it in a flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder (pinch) mixture.

Fry it in oil and it's pretty fluffy-crunchy.

MelodyB

When I worked in a kitchen we had some awesome fried chicken...

We marinated it with the skin on, in Franks Red Hot sauce with Cavenders greek seasoning all over it, then dipped it in plain flour with Cavenders Greek seasoning in that...fried it in a deep fryer in vegtable oil...thats it...it is so simple, but you wouldnt believe the awesome flavor it had.

I ate mine with a ketchup and hotsauce dip I made....mmmmmm My mouth is so watering right now.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on April 11, 2007, 07:29:20 PM

He takes all of the skin off--dips it in egg and milk

So he does that with the skin.....  What about all the rest of the meat?  lol   :hypocrite:

Ashlee

Coke is actually a very good marinade for any kind of meat.  So is Italian dressing.

I like to take skinless boneless chicken thighs and rub them with mayo, mustard, and seasonings.  Then, I roll the chicken in crushed up cornflakes.  Then I bake it.

The trick is to have the cornflakes crushed to the right degree.  You can't have the flakes too big or they don't stick right; you can't have them too small, or there isn't enough crunch and your chicken ends up mushy.  You also can't use too much mayo and mustard, or the flakes don't stick well and the chicken is mushy.

MelodyB

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Chseeads on April 12, 2007, 04:38:57 AM
Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on April 11, 2007, 07:29:20 PM

He takes all of the skin off--dips the chicken in egg and milk

So he does that with the skin.....  What about all the rest of the meat?  lol   :hypocrite:

fixed :P

randerzforya

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on April 12, 2007, 06:22:06 AM
Coke is actually a very good marinade for any kind of meat.  So is Italian dressing.

I like to take skinless boneless chicken thighs and rub them with mayo, mustard, and seasonings.  Then, I roll the chicken in crushed up cornflakes.  Then I bake it.

The trick is to have the cornflakes crushed to the right degree.  You can't have the flakes too big or they don't stick right; you can't have them too small, or there isn't enough crunch and your chicken ends up mushy.  You also can't use too much mayo and mustard, or the flakes don't stick well and the chicken is mushy.

Cornflakes? Wow, I've never heard that one before. Wouldn't that make the crunchy part taste sweet??

MelodyB

Not frosted flakes hunny, corn flakes!

Sister_Mom

Even regular corn flakes are sweet.... hunny.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

I dont think so....I put sugar on my frosted flakes...darling.

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Why would I wanna do that...Im weird, I know it, I dont need proof.

I meant that I dont think they are sweet, Not that they didnt have sugar in them....it is a sick personal prefrence.

randerzforya

Nobody answered my question! lol Wouldn't that make the crunchy part taste sweet?

Chseeads

Sister_Mom

It's probably a matter of personal tastes. I think Corn Flakes are sweet alone, some folks add sugar. Many, many years ago when I was a kid, I loved Frosted Flakes, now I don't think I could even eat them. Why not just try the chicken with the Corn Flakes and see how you like it?

alohilani

Corn flakes don't make things taste sweet when you cook with them, Miranda. They generally take on the flavor of the dish and just add a bit of crunch.

Question officially answered - twice, counting Seth's astute observation. ;)

randerzforya

Thanks! lol I had just never heard of that before. I personally loooove my great-grandmother's recipe, I need to get that from my mom.

Amelia Bedelia

I have a similar cornflake chicken I make... its so easy and yummy
crushed cornflakes with some rosemary, salt and pepper
boneless, skinless chicken
dip them in ranch dressing (or mayo, I've used both and prefer the ranch dressing)
coat with the cornflakes
bake

:fork:

and ditto to Aloha... they don't taste sweet or really like cereal at all once its cooked

Melody

that sounds good AB!