News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

E-Star

Started by Courtney, March 01, 2007, 02:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtney

Hello, I was just wondering how your baby is doing? I haven't seen you post in a while and I thought I remembered your boy being a big guy too. My Aiden is about 20 pounds now.  :biglaugh: I was wondering, what are you doing about diapers for your guy? I am nervous because Aiden is getting ready to go into Stage 4 diapers and they only go up to stage 6. What if he outgrows diapers WAY too fast? Ha ha! I was just wondering how your baby was doing, since ours are both bigger boys!  :waving:

nicolejoy

I met him the other day!! Wooohoooo!! He was born 3 or 4 days after we moved to Hong Kong :( But now I've met him and he's SOOO adorable!! ;) And BIG!! I don't know his weight but he's nearly 70cm long already (that's 27 inches)!!

e_star

hey!

I dont get much time to get on here all that often.. sure you know the feeling! lol
How are you going with it all?
Jonathan is stillllllll growing! lol He's adorable... I think so.. and so does Nicole! lol

He's.. ummm..about 21pounds... far out man that's huge!
We're in the crawler nappies.. and I think after crawlers are walkers and then training pants- i dont know how we'll go when we get to that size cause I dont thikn he'll be ready to 'train'.. LOL I'm also using cloth nappies during the day and dont find it too difficult.. so hopefully I'll manage!

What date was your little one born?

e_star

i have a feeling Aiden and JOnathan were born on the same day??? 27th Nov?

nicolejoy

I think so - but Australia's Nov 27th was still Nov 26 in the US - so really Jonathan's a day older (technically...) ;)

okieoliveoyl

courtney

just out of curiosity.... why do you have aiden in size 4 diapers???? Landon is almost 5 months old ..weighs 20lbs and is only in a size two...and he's CHUBBY!!!!  the size two fits him great...

Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Jennie-lynnie

Noah wears size three. and he is 7 months! lol.

e_star

lol
thanks Nicole..  :biglaugh:

littlegal

Anthany is 19 lbs, 9 months old and wears a size 4 diaper.  I noticed different brands of diapers fit differently.  Usually cheap diapers are larger, so you can get by with a smaller size.  But I can't figure out any brand that you would be able to fit a size 2 diaper on a baby that size?!? wow.  He doesn't have leaks with them?  That's usually the first thing i notice when a diaper starts to get too small is that it starts leaking real easy, or won't hold in messes.

*Christi*

I know Isabelle doesn't really compare but she is 9 1/2 months and 15lbs and she wears a 2 in pampers or a 3 in huggies.

Isaac is 2 1/2 years old and 26lbs and wears a size 4 luvs.

Courtney

Quote from: okieoliveoyl on March 01, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
courtney

just out of curiosity.... why do you have aiden in size 4 diapers???? Landon is almost 5 months old ..weighs 20lbs and is only in a size two...and he's CHUBBY!!!!  the size two fits him great...

Aiden is almost ready for stage 4 because every brand of stage three we have bought are leaking within an hour and a half of putting them on him. Usually when that happens and we go up a size, we have no more of a problem. Aiden breezed through stage 1 and 2 diapers, but the stage threes lasted us about a month and a half so far, so it has gotten better with him.

EmmazMommy

WOW! Emma is 13 months old, she can still wear a 2 in Pampers or Huggies and she is 20 lbs 8 oz..... Her lil booty is LITTLE ! She is in a size 3 because she wets so much, but I have to overlap the tabs because she is so little. emma is long, her weight is perfect but she is really small around the waist and booty....

okieoliveoyl

I only buy huggies... he only leaks once in a blue moon...   i guess each person is diff...
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

chelleebelle

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on March 01, 2007, 10:06:16 PM
Noah wears size three. and he is 7 months! lol.

Brennen wears a size 3, also...he's 31 months.  The last ones I bought were pull-ups (he thinks the potty is a joke...Help!)

littlegal

I went through that with Westley.  He turned 4 and all of a sudden decided he wanted to go.  I've heard many mothers say that once they turn 4 it's like  a switch goes off in their head and they all of a sudden want to go potty.  So hang in there. (not that you'll have to wait over a year, but there is still time. 

Quote from: okieoliveoyl on March 03, 2007, 04:46:55 PM
I only buy huggies... he only leaks once in a blue moon...   i guess each person is diff...

I've noticed the same thing with clothes.  Anthany and Zakary have been the same length and weight at every milestone, Zakary was real chubby and Anthany is real lean.  But anthany wears larger clothes than Zakary did at the same ages.  I have yet to figure out how because he looks so much smaller than zakary did.

terp

Littlegal, I know this is off topic, but I LOVE your avatar.  "Oh my sweet Wesley, what have I done..."  "We all know to blave is to bluff..."  "Anybody want a peanut?"

:biglaugh:  Love it.
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

littlegal

My oldest son is named after Westley  :great:

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Courtney on March 02, 2007, 02:17:14 AM
Quote from: okieoliveoyl on March 01, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
courtney

Aiden is almost ready for stage 4 because every brand of stage three we have bought are leaking within an hour and a half of putting them on him. Usually when that happens and we go up a size, we have no more of a problem. Aiden breezed through stage 1 and 2 diapers, but the stage threes lasted us about a month and a half so far, so it has gotten better with him.

I had the same issue with all of my boys.  Size and 1 and 2 didn't last long at all and size just for a few months.  They were in size 4's WAY early but it worked for them.  Don't worry about him getting to big too fast--I doubt that will happen.  Eric is almost 3 and a half and can still almost wear a size 6 diaper (he doesn't need to-but there have been sickness related issues where he needed to.)

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

randerzforya

Ethan's 25 lbs and he's in a size 5 Luvs, but I've always liked to go up to the next size once he starts really growing into them, that way I avoid messes and he stays comfy. He's got a big belly, and if the diaper isn't a little big then it'll rub on his tummy.

We're actually starting to potty train him, we want to skip straight from diapers to big boy panties, we've seen a bunch of kids out here get "stuck" in pull-ups. He's doing great, using the potty about two or three times a day so far, he takes his diaper off to do his business and then puts it back on afterwards. He has fun and we're training him in the least stressful way for us too, so we're all happy!  :thumbsup2:

Envelope

The ONLY time we used pull-ups was at bedtime or traveling LONG distance in the car.   It was just what worked better for us.  We too, went straight from diapers to underwear (real underwear, not the training pants with plastic coating).   

Both of my kids were potty trained before age 2, so good luck to ya!!!  I'm SOOOOO glad my girls are potty trained!!  I do not miss diapers AT ALL!!!  LOL

sharon

randerzforya

Haha, thanks! Our new addition will be getting here right after he turns 2, and it sure would be nice to have a diaper break at least for a month or two!  :) lol