News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Why do some have a delete button and others dont?

Started by Tricia Lea, February 02, 2008, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Quote from: MelodyB on February 02, 2008, 04:38:14 PM
Right at the top right of the post, it says: Quote, Modify, Delete.  Three buttons, right there                               ^^^^^

How do others like me get the option to delete a post if we want?

Just wondering

edited cause i mispelled button

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Im going to get mine taken away just for pointing out that I have one and yall dont.

Babs

My latest blog post.

apsurf

I pointed that out once and lost mine...so advice is if you have one...don't say anything!!!!

Tricia Lea

Quote from: nwlife on February 02, 2008, 05:50:41 PM
I pointed that out once and lost mine...so advice is if you have one...don't say anything!!!!

oops sorry melody lol

MelodyB

alohilani

Don't worry if you don't have a delete button. Most likely, the people that have them have been around for years and years and have proven that they won't abuse the privilege.

So it's nothing personal, it's a process of time, I expect. Not that you should start expecting a delete button after you've been here awhile, but just so you don't have to worry about it, know that it has nothing to do with favorites or anything. ;)

You can still modify your posts, so you have a chance to correct any errors or blunders, anyway. It's better than deleting, you get a chance to re-say what you meant. ;)

Backseat Radio

personally I prefer the edit button to the delete button so whether or not I loose my delete button doesn't matter too much.

We can at least be thankful we're allowed the edit option.  I'm on one forum that does not permit editing after a post has been on the board for 30 minutes.  I'm on a 2nd forum that doesn't permit members the privledge of editing their posts at all once its been posted on the board.

Backseat Radio

the delete button I care more about is the ability to delete your membership from a forum and thats primarily because I've had experience with 3 different forums that does not leave members the option of deleting their own account have refused to honor my requests to remove my account from their forum.  GP wasn't one of those forums.

Sis

Well, I have my belly button. Hope nobody deletes THAT one!   :laughhard:

Tricia Lea