News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I loathe the cold and dreary weather. It's been rainy/gloomy yesterday and today and I am d r a g g i n g.
I am in such a gloomy slump.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 02, 2022, 07:50:29 PMI loathe the cold and dreary weather. It's been rainy/gloomy yesterday and today and I am d r a g g i n g.
I am in such a gloomy slump.
YES. Same here. Funny how the weather can jack with your attitude, too.
 Completed my road tour. Stopped by a local shop on lunch, that sells chicken, etc. at wholesale prices. We get by a time or two a month....Wound up buying a box of 300ish McDonald's chicken nuggets - at $20 a box, it was too good a price to pass up. And they are the real deal too. I cooked some last week in oil and you would have thought they came from the golden arches. I wound up actually buying 3 boxes, but one is for Bishop and one is for another preacher friend. . And a double pack of thick cut bacon, like 4 lbs., for $16 so I drug those in too. I'm about out of freezer space. Fatboy won't starve to death....
Now to get through the next hour and a half..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I thought it was supposed to be sunny today but it was cloudy and misty most of the day.  :smirk2:

Roscoe

Hi. Sunny today, but still coolish. Went and qualified a couple of old friends for their carry privileges as retired officers. Last night, Chey got a deer with the Corvette. Probably $2500 in damage. She was so upset. So was I but I didn't let her know...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take Chey along and qualify her on firearms too? Then she could shoot the deer instead of hitting them with a car.

"There are three kinds of hunts. There's the stand hunt, that's where you wait in a tree for the deer to wander past. There's the stalk hunt, that's where you try to sneak up on the deer of your choice. There's the drive hunt, that's where you hit a deer with you pickup truck.

For those of you taking notes, the third one is the easiest."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Got dropped off here at 7am. Hoping they can for sure finish my vehicle today w/ her brakes. Then we will be just down ONE car but we won't have to carpool at all, haha.

MsJennJenn

It's 78 degrees and sunny here today and I am in heaven. Well... I would be if I wasn't so grumpy at work.  :roll:  :-?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: Nelle on December 05, 2022, 01:36:02 PM@Work. Got dropped off here at 7am. Hoping they can for sure finish my vehicle today w/ her brakes. Then we will be just down ONE car but we won't have to carpool at all, haha.

Car situation has gotten worse. Ellie the Elantra is going home to the junk yard from the auto repair. She needed way too much expensive work on a 300k mile vehicle, so we are electing to buy a new(er) daily driver for Jeremy. Hoping I can keep him as close to cheapest but good car as I can. Was NOT looking to buy a new car for a couple of more years. lol..

The Purple Fuzzy

Now it's warm and muggy. The humidity is so high my weather station thinks it's raining. 😏

The Purple Fuzzy

You shouldn't need to use an air conditioner in the winter. It was humid and muggy enough that I turned ours on for a bit.

Roscoe

Shew. Not been a good week. Yesterday, Chey calls. The Corvette, which was injured it the deer incident, died. Its transmission went out. Now I gotta repair it to the tune of $2500 or replace the car which would cost even more. I'm stressed to no end and people want to ask questions to which they know the answer but want to debate so they can justify doing what they want. I'm annoyed, and irritable, and the next few days don't look to have any relief in them.

Lynx

What do they want to debate... er, "ask questions" about? Baptism? Democrats? Marijuana legalization?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work.

A married couple I'm friends with miscarried this week, but only found out yesterday at their sonogram. They were going to find out the gender then. Taking some food and stuff over tonight to drop off on their porch.

It's been so dreary this week. Cloudy, rainy, chilly.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 08, 2022, 03:22:52 AMYou shouldn't need to use an air conditioner in the winter. It was humid and muggy enough that I turned ours on for a bit.

Yup we def. turned ours on too. So humid. Bleck.

Had my drivers license appointment this morning to update to my newwww name. :hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

If you have the McDonald's app on your phone you can get double cheeseburgers for 50 cents, today and tomorrow.

No they are not paying me extra to say this in chat. I just thought you might want to know.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Lynx these are the kinds of updates we need. lol  :thumbsup2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I DEFINATELY need that update. 'Cause I's HONGRY and broke as a joke. :pound:

And Lynx, I probably shouldn't have said anything- this is just my vent place, because as far as I know, none of my locals know I am here and I can speak freely.

Roscoe

Good morning. Back at work. Lou has a Christmas party she is dragging me to tonight. And Chey talked me into letting her drive Rusty to school today since the Corvette is in the shop. I have been a nervous wreck all morning.

MsJennJenn

Haha whoa surprised you let her!

I told one of my gfs about the 50 cent cheeseburgers. She was like oh i should buy a bunch they can be my meal all weekend LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 09, 2022, 03:29:34 PMHaha whoa surprised you let her!

I told one of my gfs about the 50 cent cheeseburgers. She was like oh i should buy a bunch they can be my meal all weekend LOL
Years ago as a teen, my best friend and I had a Friday night ritual. Cruising was big in our area. We'd pull up to Mcdonalds, order 12 cheeseburgers and two giant cokes and cruise around munching on them. There were times we refilled the bag. :lol: At the time, I was 175 lbs and worked out constantly and had a metabolism that would digest a horse without leaving any fat behind. What I would give for that blessing now, at 46 years old... :laughhard:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 09, 2022, 03:29:34 PMHaha whoa surprised you let her!

Considering the quantities in some orders, I have speculated some people might be putting them in the freezer in bulk.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 09, 2022, 02:07:16 PMGood morning. Back at work. Lou has a Christmas party she is dragging me to tonight. And Chey talked me into letting her drive Rusty to school today since the Corvette is in the shop. I have been a nervous wreck all morning.

On the other hand, even if she does have a wreck... At Rusty speeds, she won't be hurt very badly.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on December 08, 2022, 06:51:32 PMIf you have the McDonald's app on your phone you can get double cheeseburgers for 50 cents, today and tomorrow.

No they are not paying me extra to say this in chat. I just thought you might want to know.

Thank you for that suggestion. Made that my after work quick food order.
:food:

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't eat at McDs enough to download an app...

Roscoe

Shew. Last night's Christmas party took forever. Today, I literally have done nothing. Walked to the mailbox and checked the mail, which is about the most productive thing I've done. It's cool and rainy, just downright dreary and depressing.
I've got a late dinner simmering, and no real plans for tonight, other than work on tomorrow's sermon.