Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Right, I found out diabetes is hard when you like to bake...

Lynx

No joke! Especially when you are trying to perfect a recipe and you have all these trial batches to get rid of somehow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Mmm I love Mcd sweet tea. Not as much as Chicken E's but it's up there.
But I also love tea unsweetened. So I can go either way lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

My favorite restaurant tea is Slim Chicken's Raspberry sweet tea. And yeah, with diabetes, I guess there can be too much sugar.
Man, shortly before lunch, this creeping crud hit me like a Mack truck. Headache, sinus issues, and totally drained.
I think I am going home and leaving bible study tonight to my faithful assistant. God bless him.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Well if I had to pick I would pick peach tea first. H Tea O's peach tea is BOMB.
Rosa's Cafe has good peach tea too. Sonic's is okay too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Morning. Or afternoon, rather. At work. Went home last night, took Nyquil and it knocked me OUT. Was nearly late for work. Still feel cruddy, but not as bad as yesterday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Bahaha this morning must of been a struggle bus. Husband was supposed to be up at 430 to get to work by 6.
He ummm got up at 6:50 only cus I woke up some reason and looked at my phone and was like uhh why's he still here.  :laughhard:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Mine doesn't like my 900 alarms, but little does he know... a few of them has saved his career. I have one that's set at 645am JUST so that I can make sure he's awake so he can get up and get ready. It also helps me ease into my wakeup routine. LOL.

Roscoe

Urgh. Struggle bus was not the name for it. I think I owned the whole struggle bus line at 7 yesterday morning. LOL
Today- no hangover, but still dragging.
I have alarms set at 5 and 530 because I'm guaranteed to sleep through at least one.
But you talk about oblivious- the award has to go to my daughter. She will set an alarm on her phone for 5 am. I've literally gone in a 630 and turned it off, it shrieking and waking everyone in the house up- except the owner who is snoring a foot away from it. :pound: And yes, it often is on my day off.
So. Gonna be on the road today. Drinking a diet 'dew and fantasizing about a Sonic loaded Dr Pepper. Sigh.

Roscoe

Lazy day today. Ain't done much of anything. Made chicken with Alabama White BBQ sauce. Went to church and worked on the sermon. Drove rusty there.

Lynx

In local news the caramel came out just right.

I have found homemade caramel is delicious when it comes out just right.

I may need an intervention...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

How do you make it, Isaac? I've always used the old trick of boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk. It's delish, but paranoid me is always afraid the can will explode.
Lazy Sunday. About to get moving and go to church, even though service doesn't start until 5pm.
Cold weather totally kills anything productive for me. Too cold for shop time, and I simply don't have much to do inside.

The Purple Fuzzy

I've got a busy week of cooking and grandkids. Alex and his boys got here last night.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 20, 2022, 06:38:04 PMHow do you make it, Isaac? I've always used the old trick of boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk. It's delish, but paranoid me is always afraid the can will explode.

That's the kind of caramel restaurants use for caramel pie. Or that's what a local catfish-themed restaurant does.

I'm shooting for caramel candies.

Two cups sugar
One cup milk
One tablespoon salt

Put the sugar, salt and half the milk in a pan and cook until it is nice and caramel-brown. Take off heat and slowly add milk while stirring. Return to heat and cook until 240F. Pour into greased pan and let cool. Dump out on a cookie sheet or cutting board or something and cut into squares.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Alabama White BBQ sauce <-- what is this lol

I am out of vacation so no travels this year for holidays.
We're going to Adam's grandmas on Thanksgiving day, but Adam has to be at work at midnight Thursday for black friday. (he works for Academy Sports and Outdoors).
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

White barbecue sauce? Sounds like milk gravy to me. If it is anything like milk gravy, it belongs on BISCUITS, not on barbecue.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Nope. It's a real thing, developed in northern Alabama by a BBQ joint, mainly used for chicken.
Short recipe is mayo, horseradish, brown mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and other seasonings...whisk it smooth. It can be cooked with, like I did; or used as a dip. I'd describe the flavor to be somewhat of a tangy ranch-style seasoning. I like it. Lou and Chey weren't big fans. Makes perfect low carb chicken wraps.

And I feel a bit guilty today. Didn't do much. Lou and I went and delivered a care package to my kid brother, then hit some of our normal flea markets. Stopped by a local farm that does farm to table sales, solely because they were selling their own home made premium Bologna. I had to try it. Very tasty. They advertise that unlike commercial bologna, theirs is not made with ANY byproducts only the best of the cuts of meat.
A short discussion later- and I found that the owner is a distant cousin, and the farm is located n the general area where our family lived from 1850ish or so to this day. Found out a bit of history I didn't know too, as in our old community, now known as Rabbit Ridge, was originally "Union Ridge" but was changed during the Civil War for obvious reasons. Makes sense, as I know for a fact my g-g-great grandfather enlisted in the Union Army, as did several of his neighbors. We apparently were patriots, or total traitors during the War of Northern Aggression depending on the side one happens to align with.  :lol:
 In regards to the bologna- delish. The way it should be.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, is that supposed to be something new?  :hypocrite:

Roscoe

:pound:
Ya'll mean.
Morning. Back at work. I must've lost what little mind I have scheduling so many people today and tomorrow.
Very much ready for the weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

Made chocolate, pecan and sugar free sweet potato pies. I have to do some each day to get ready.

MsJennJenn

Bologna is so gross :girltongue:  :smugno:
I'd try the alabama sauce though cus I loves me some ranch. :drool:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Morning. Last day before five off.  I am looking forward to the time off. After coughing all day yesterday, I woke up with what felt like a plow in my chest and draining sinus. I truly want to go back to bed. Of course, I went to sleep after taking Nyquil at 8 last night and didn't know anything until about 4am. That's when old age and joint soreness woke me up. Oh to be able to go back to 17 and redo some things...I would NOT mistreat myself like I did.

The Purple Fuzzy

I should have all my kids & grandkids here tomorrow. It's hard to get everyone together anymore, so I'm excited.

Roscoe