News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

I'll admit... I felt like I had withdrawals even tho I post once a day maybe and lurk the rest of the time. lol

@Work. Stopped by Wendy's on my way to work for MY Friday. Day off tomorrow for Veterans Day. We have a youth rally tomorrow night. Hopefully Saturday I'll get with it in time to drop by the bank and then work on cleaning/purging/organizing my house for the holidays. Oh, and I'll sleep in - I hope. LOL. I woke up at 6am today when I normally only do that on Fridays for work.

MsJennJenn

Wish I was off tomorrow. But the boss is taking tomorrow off - so almost like a day off haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

If it wasn't for our company being union electricians, we wouldn't be off either. In fact, when I first started - I could take off Veterans Day or the day after Thanksgiving paid, but I had to choose. The past few years tho, we've been taking both, hahaha.

Backseat Radio

Spent the last nice day of fall painting my old shed. My mom came by to inspect my work and was teasing me about its a good thing I didn't have to paint on Wednesday since that's church day. Told her my pastor wouldn't mind if I showed up at church covered in paint.

Roscoe

Shew. I had high intentions today. I did none of them. Took some items back to Walmart- Black Friday sales were not kind, as both items I bought online didn't work, so back they went. On the way home, a friend called- I wound up meeting him at another friends house and we visited from 11 to 2. I did manage to go look at a Model A I am currently scheming for. I've decided I need it bad. Bad enough I'd consider selling my motorhome for it. It just calls my name.
Now- off tomorrow- hopefully my wife will go somewhere with me for an "us" day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You change vehicles more often than some of my coworkers change socks.

Ah well. I change phones about as often.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 11, 2022, 11:10:54 AMYou change vehicles more often than some of my coworkers change socks.

Ah well. I change phones about as often.
Who changing? I don't.  I collect. 😄
Trust me...Rusty is cruising all the time...Sam is currently down for paint but is still somewhat drivable.
The vette is having miles racked on it, mostly by Grumpy Bear I must admit but I do occasionally get to drive it.
And the ONLY reason the motorhome might be on the block is for a cash infusion to acquire the A. The A would be an "in addition to", Not a " In the place of"  :lol:
Dear wife went to breakfast with me, took Grumpy lunch. Then coming back, SHE spied a red 06 Corvette  and WANTED to drive it. As in telling me, "Chey is pretty much driving everywhere herself,I don't need the SUV, and I DO like Corvettes  too"
I nearly fell outta my seat.
She testdrove it and liked it....it hasn't came home yet, and likely won't,  but for her to actually  initiate looking...made me smile. She isn't immune to Corvette-itis. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I can dig it. I still miss my '90 Lumina. It was no Corvette, but it had acceleration to spare and it cornered like a dream... Or maybe I took corners like a nightmare, at least to hear uncle Fred tell it. Whatever, it was a joy to drive on back roads.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

It was cold as what today. Not happy about it. We actually had snow flurries. I want my summer back...
 Did very little today. Went and saw my kid brother's new little tyke, who weighs all of 5 lbs. Did some sermon prep at the church. Truthfully wasted a day for the most part.

Backseat Radio

Woke up to snow flurries here. Looking like its going to be digital church for me tomorrow. I've got a major sinus infection that's sapping my energy.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not liking it getting dark so early. Blah.

Lynx

Well that was a mistake...

Inspired by recent forays into the past to dredge up old Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy episodes for Grandma, I got courageous and started looking on Internet Archive for old episodes of the Gong Show.

I had forgotten how bad it could get...

And everyone in that studio was acting like, "This is normal. This is good stuff."

Bless their hearts, maybe that was all they had back then.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Still cold out. I'm still not a fan.
Ready for church!!

Backseat Radio

Had to watch church online today since I'm fighting a sinus/ear infection

mini

Good morning everyone.

Busy weekend.  Busy week.  Im looking forward to the 25th and 26th.  I have nothing scheduled for those two days!  LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Internet Archive is fun.

@Work. Super busy weekend and I am feeling it. I just looked at the calendar here this morning at work and thought "Wow.. I can't believe Thanksgiving is NEXT week!!" I was shocked hahaha.

Roscoe

It is cold here today. Forecasted possible snow and sleet. Really not ready for that. As a result of the cold, I have spent my entire day relaxing. Put a pot of beans on...started cleaning up my ha radio room/library and got sidetracked. I'd recently needed some new work boots and finally bought some. While cleaning, I found two brand new pair, still in the box in tissue paper, in the closet. And here I was wearing boots that was coming apart..:pound:
Now, I find myself watching Mecum internet reruns and reading library books

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not a fan of the cold rainy weather either. We've been cooking today. I went ahead and made the dressing and put it in the freezer. I made two sweet potato pies to try out the recipe cutting the sugar in half of what it called for. They tasted fine to me.

Nelle

About to leave the office for the day. If I had been on time today, I could say I worked a 12 hr day, but instead it's 11. Well, technically 10.50 because of lunch. Trying to help my Tuesday self out a little by getting some really tedious paperwork done for the state.

Here's hoping I (and thus my husband) sleep better tonight. I've GOT to get well 100% from this congestion issue. It's messing up all my sleep patterns, haha.

Roscoe

Urgh. Lawd. Morning has assaulted me. I'm defenseless.  Have a ton of folks scheduled too...Please Lord let this coffee work quickly and efficiently.   :pray:

MsJennJenn

Morning has assaulted me LOL sameeees sames. it does that every day.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Afternoon is my friend. As in, a local fish/chicken food truck brought free food to us. Wrecking havoc with my diet, but these are the best hushpuppies I've eaten since my dear old Daddy passed- he was tha bomb when it came to fish and hushpuppies.
 And the slaw- KFC style. Nice. And did I mention the price is right- FREE?

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 15, 2022, 12:35:54 AMI'm not a fan of the cold rainy weather either. We've been cooking today. I went ahead and made the dressing and put it in the freezer. I made two sweet potato pies to try out the recipe cutting the sugar in half of what it called for. They tasted fine to me.
You must be working from a good ole southern recipe. They always have WAY too much sugar.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

There ain't no such thing as too much sugar, ya YANKEE. :pound:

Morning all. Back at work. Moderately  good mood this morning.
Still colder than I like though.

Lynx

There is such a thing as too much sugar when diabetes fairly gallops through your family and you live in the land of sickeningly sweet desserts.

Don't get me started on McDonald's sweet tea... You can use that as sweetener for other things.
"Do you sing at church?"