News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

It's -8 degrees here in Indiana. My county is under a code red status because of the high winds. My front screen door froze shut last night. Had to bust it open to get my mail.  Figuring my car is frozen shut too.

The Purple Fuzzy

I ready for next week when it gets back up to 69-70.

Roscoe

Even the northerners are saying, "Yeah, that's cold" now. The power went out at the church, and we have no water. Sigh. Just once I'd like to not have to work on something at the church all the time. We'd left the heat on all the cabinet doors open, everything. Looks like it froze up outside- and it won't thaw for us to check until later. Not supposed to get out of the 20s for several days.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 23, 2022, 03:48:21 PMI ready for next week when it gets back up to 69-70.

AGREED

But...at least the sun is out and there isn't any moisture. Husband drives an hour to work. I don't need him getting in a wreck.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

I survived venturing out in the cold to go to work.  Weather is bad enough that Whitley County Indiana had 5 snow plow engines ice up and stop runnkng. They had to pull all their plows off the road.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on December 23, 2022, 06:11:57 AMIt's beautiful outside but it hurts your whole body instead of just your face now.

FYI I have stolen this. Some of my friends agreed emphatically with you.

I always gave proper attribution though. I told them it was from a friend on a forum.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. Made it to my inlaws against my will. Love them, hate gatherings.   :laughhard:
Went by the church, located my busted water pipe, thawed it out to the point I could turn off the valve and I'll try to fix it when it warms up, maybe Monday.
It's at least gotten to 29 degrees today...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I survived being the one of the closers for Christmas Eve at Walmart. Most of Indiana is out of red status now but the roads are still iced over. Did an accidental donut with my car on the way home from work cause I took a curve too fast. Church unfortunately got canceled for tomorrow since the weather is still pretty bad.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Snowed today.

This year I'm not a big fan. I can drive on it, but the lady who stays with Grandma while I'm gone does not. Gotta get aunt Lucy to stay with Grandma tomorrow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

No snow here and actually made it into the 40s. Spent most of the day working on the church's water pipes. I *THINK* I have it fixed. I HATE PLUMBING.  But I won't complain (much) considering the local college, a furniture store and the local Assembly of God church all had a sprinkler line bust, which resulted in each of those places discovering they had 6+inches of water throughout their buildings. It was bad enough that between those leaks and the several broken water mains through town, our water company had to make a plea for customers to conserve water and not wash cars or clothing, etc. until they were able to get repairs made and refill the system.

Tomorrow, back to work..I really shoulda took the week off.

Lynx

If you hate plumbing, try living without it.    :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

At this point, might not be too bad. One of my church members went by to check yesterday's work. He's a pro and came up to help me the last bit of repair last night, but it was dark by the time we got finished. We decided to let the glue dry and just leave it off until today.
 He called a few ago. Our repair is great. BUT-he discovered another broke line, in the ceiling. Right next to the recently remodeled $18k foyer. Hopefully he got it shut off in time to avoid damaging that, but it'll still mean pulling some sheetrock again. I am beginning to doubt we will ever be able to move forward on some of my desires because we are busy repairing stuff none stop. Sheesh....  :pound:

Roscoe

:hi: Incredibly tired. Could sleep for a month. At work. I think that sums it up... :waving:

Nelle

@Work. Last day until Tuesday. :D

Lots of things to get done before I leave town this evening.

MsJennJenn

Back at work today for me too. Mom and Dad are here from Indiana. Soaking up every bit I can.

Husband was off yesterday so that was nice for him to spend some time with them.
But he's back to work today. Since like 2am. :roll: retail is dumb.

I too, could sleep for a week. I didn't sleep well while the husband tossed and turned until he finally got up and went to work.

Sun is shining and it's predicting 70 degrees today LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Academy Sports & Outdoors. He's a manager. But he's trying to get promoted to store director so he can run his own store. He currently just runs it unofficially but not very easily because the expectations are crazy and his current store director is dumb!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Seven. God's perfect number. And the number of leaks that were repaired today in the church's water pipes. Thank God for capable willing members.
And Jenn- I need to be his friend. surely there are nice discounts for firearms from an Academy Sports manager. :ugly:
It's supposed to be upper 60s and 70s here too next week. Someone posted on Facebook
"Look at this weather being all springy and cute like it didn't just try to kill us last week".  :laughhard:

Backseat Radio

Worked a 2pm to 11pm shift tonight. I don't usually work on Wednesday night but the gal that was scheduled to work did a no call no show the day after Christmas and lost her job. Since my church canceled Wednesday night service for the holiday I volunteered to work the late shift.

Roscoe

:hi:
Just got word one of my clients, 37 years old, died of high blood pressure yesterday. Good guy, saw him last week. He, like myself, was thought to be in good health, just slightly overweight. Sobering.

I'm sitting here on a decent day, and treating myself to a 7 Brew German Chocolate Iced coffee. Very, very addictive..

Lynx

Isn't all that sugar and caffeine bad for your blood pre...

Um...

Never mind.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 30, 2022, 12:20:26 AMIsn't all that sugar and caffeine bad for your blood pre...

Um...

Never mind.
Probably. But Lord, I needed it...
Morning all. Last day this week before a nice 3 day weekend.

MsJennJenn

Yesss so excited to have another Monday off. Woohoo!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

About to head to church way early. Do some praying, some studying, and some cooking- then at 11pm, watch night service. This is an old tradition here, and I don't know if I'll do it again. Last year was the first one in many years, despite it having been an every year thing in my youth. We will see who all shows up and how much grumbling is done.
 I was careful to not ask any of our ladies auxiliary or anyone to help prepare, as I know they have things to do and I figured I'd just go do the set up.
But they decided to help and went in today early to set stuff up. Some seemed a bit annoyed from what Lou said. It bothers me, all I want to do is get the church back to what it was in years past, with a bit of adjustment to move forward.