News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 18, 2022, 05:33:44 PMI did, a little. Fuzz, how far are you from Pittsburg, texas?  I may be invading your state with rusty after church tonight. Car parts to repair Chey's deer vs Corvette incident await.

Y'know Grandma watches those old Price is Right shows from the '80s. Sometimes they have a Corvette in the showcase, and I think of y'all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 18, 2022, 11:27:13 PMIt's about 45 miles. Let us know if you need to stop for the night.
Thanks.... Chey and I, and Rusty have made it to Mount Pleasant and grabbed a room at a local hotel.  Long ride and Arkansas and Texas appear to be battling for the worse stretch of I 30. Lawd, I'm beat up...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Pittsburg, Texas is approx. 2 hours from me lol

Christmas week!!
My boss is in Africa. So work = do nothing ha

Mom and Dad come on Sunday from Indiana.
First Christmas as a married couple. Except I wont see him practically all week... cus retail. :roll:

oh and my black cat is crazy. Certifiably.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Dear Lord. Just made it in. I feel like Sasquatch has given me a massage.  With a jackhammer.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Got home to find a "you've been selected for possible jury duty" letter in my mailbox.  Not too thrilled about possibly having to serve but not like I have much choice.

Christmas shopping mania is stomping me half to death.  I'll be glad when the holiday is over. On vacation the first week of January.

Lynx

JenN, what was that about your cat again? What is the cat doing that is crazy?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

It's being a cat. All cats are crackheads at heart. Chey's cat, "Blue", proves this every day. Running 140 miles an hour around the house for no reason, provoking the dogs, climbing on everything....It had the nerve to walk up and slap me in the face while I was reading for zero reason. Crackhead.

Morning ya'll. I took some Nyquil last night and went out around 930. Didn't know the world was turning until 5am or so when I woke up hurting, and remember saying, "God, my arm is killing me". I then passed out again and didn't wake until 615, and had to rush to get to work on time. A Wendy's Frostychinno is what has kept me away for the last two hours...

Nelle

@Work. Last night was our work dinner at Red Lobster. 'Interesting' as always. I didn't really enjoy my food, but the food I took home to my husband from my plate - he loved, so it's ok. I would normally get steak, but my dad jokingly shamed me into trying some seafood/fish. I didn't enjoy it.

Tabby (our girl cat) was happily eating her "night night" treats when I went to bed. Jeremy got up about 10 minutes later to go get a drink from the kitchen, comes back in the bedroom, and tells me I locked Tabby in the kitchen (using our baby/cat gate - which they can fit thru the slats of, but that's coming up here). I said "No way... She was eating her treats in the living room (one big whole room away from said kitchen) when I came to bed. I didn't even go in the kitchen." He said "well, she was in there crying and I had to let her out." THEY CAN GET THRU THE SLATS! When they want to, they can.. they're unfortunately skinny enough these days, LOL. That brat went into the kitchen thru the slats of the gate and then got caught, and started crying like SHE didn't put herself in there. LOL. I don't know if Jeremy ever really believed me tho. LOL. She's lucky she's ridiculously cute and I thought it was funny. Of course, then she started crying after her dad came back to bed. So I had to go check on them and ask her to please go to bed. I gave them a few more treats to bribe her to hush.. and that did the trick.

Roscoe

I'm happy. We've had a restaurant open up in our little town that isn't MEXICAN. No it's not special, it's Arby's, but our town of 7500 has had a Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Subway and McDonald's, and that's pretty much it apart from a couple mom and pops, A Colton's and a Chinese food place which I swear serves deep fried cat. That and four Mexican restaurants.
Today was their opening day. Lines out to the road. I went in, and within eight minutes, even as busy as they were, they took my order while smiling and joking, made it (a special order, 'cause I'm extra), and I was out the door in 8 minutes. And they gave me a 50% dicount. I am a fan.

Nelle

I wish our town would get Arbys. I'm so tired of McDs, DQ, Hardees (which seems no one ever eats at, yet somehow stays open), two mexican joints, Pizza Hut, BK, Subway, KFC/Taco Bell, (good hometown) Chinese restaurant, hometown pizza places. The "fast" stuff w/ drive thrus tho... that's only like 5 places haha. Everywhere else you have to order like 20-30 min in advance.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on December 20, 2022, 11:19:26 AMJenN, what was that about your cat again? What is the cat doing that is crazy?

Quote from: Roscoe on December 20, 2022, 03:00:42 PMIt's being a cat. All cats are crackheads at heart. Chey's cat, "Blue", proves this every day. Running 140 miles an hour around the house for no reason, provoking the dogs, climbing on everything....It had the nerve to walk up and slap me in the face while I was reading for zero reason. Crackhead.

Yes. This. LOL he's a black cat. He's NUTS. Goes round and round the house at 200mph. He literally jumps on TOP of Keke (my other cat). She hates him lol. He attacks everything. He's always in the middle of literally everything.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

URGH. Back at Work. Today and tomorrow to go. We are supposed to have a low of 5 degrees tomorrow. This is NOT my type of weather. And...propane has went up in price. No surprise, really. Last year, 100 lb bottle was $88. I just bought a bottle a few ago. $100. We are all electric and have a propane fireplace for back up heat. I noticed we were out and with the cold weather forecast, I didn't want to chance power going out and us sitting freezing....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's always good to have backup heat.

Roscoe

So. Back at work . Ate a nice large left over cinnamon roll.
  While it is still in the 40s here, the cold is definitely coming...the wind-chill is already much colder. They claim by 3 today it will be 5 degrees.- the temperature, not the wind-chill.  They have issued a warning for something I have never seen in Arkansas- a "Flash freeze" warning. Basically one of my ham friends who is also a local tv weatherman says that it's when the roadways are wet and the temperature changes so quickly- as in the 30+Degree-in-an-hour drop they expect to see with the front, the roadways will nearly instantly become ice.  I've seen all kinds of weather here- thundersnow, tornadoes in December, snow in April, you name it, but this is a new one on me. And I ain't a fan, for the record. I'm all about summer and the heat...

MsJennJenn

Yea the temp dropped to the 20's here in a matter of hours. It's supposed to be down to 10 degrees by tonight.
We've had some snow flurries but nothing major.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

We are down to 34 but it's still dropping.

Backseat Radio

Its a nice toasty 37 degrees right now in Indiana. By early tomorrow morning its supposed to be down to about -8 degrees.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Tis snowing in Indiana now.  :clap:    Rather glad I don't have to get out in the early morning for work.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had snow flurries and it's down to 18. The chickens water was already freezing at 4 when I checked for eggs. :/

Nelle

It's beautiful outside but it hurts your whole body instead of just your face now.

Jeremy had to stay at his friend/coworker's house tonight if he stood any chance at working tomorrow. I came home from work about 1:15, grabbed a few gift cards for gifts for Saturday night and then came on home. Spend the next 5 hours "working from home" and I still have about 2.5 hours to finish up tomorrow so I can get paid my full 8 tomorrow and not even leave my house!

Our lights have blinked a few times but me and the cats are holding down the fort so far. Hoping the power stays on and no one needs to stay here with us. Haha..

I also have our faucets and shower dripping (it's the only water line active in that back bathroom).. and I cannot even normally stand the sound of that dripping. I'm trying to keep the tv on or something.. somehow I'm still wide awake at midnight.

Roscoe

I'm wide awake at 3am. Fortunately I am off today. It is 3 degrees here. 21 degrees  COLDER right now at my house than it is in Nome, Alaska.
I hate this. Give me summer and 100 degrees,  I don't care. This right here is past disrespectful it's down right cruel

Lynx

Yeah, this is that magical time of year when southerners say it's incredibly cold and northerners laugh at us.
"Do you sing at church?"