News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Was this a church Christmas party? Office party? Police fraternity party?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 11, 2022, 12:39:56 AMWas this a church Christmas party? Office party? Police fraternity party?
Na, this one was Lou's bank's employee party. I found two good things about it- she won $75 and the steak dinner for free was good. LOL.
Next Friday will be the church's party.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yesterday was almost the perfect day. It came so close...

It was Fred's turn to go to church this Sunday so I stayed home all day. Last Sunday I went to church while Fred stayed with Grandma.

An uncle came by after church to visit Grandma. That was cool.

Aunt Diane came by with a relative of her husband's that Grandma likes to talk to, and that was fine.

The church youth group came by, singing carols...

*sigh

Okay! Fine! I'll put on some pants.

I changed right back though, just as soon as they were gone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

LOL.
Good morning. Yesterday for me- and Saturday for that matter- was a blah day. Overcast, cool. I lazed around until church time. Bro Long wanted to preach so while I worked on a sermon it's in a holding pattern until He tells me it's time. Back at work- unusual for a Monday, and I'm not a fan. But we are having the church Christmas party Friday, and they need me to smoke some pork loins, so I traded with a coworker. I'll work today and in exchange have Friday off.
Looking at the calendar, this month is rough. Christmas is on Sunday- and so is new year's. I typically would dismiss for Christmas, and we are having watch night service New Year's Eve. Almost a solid bet I'll have record low crowds both Sundays if we have service...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been cloudy and drizzly here but in the upper 50s. I'm just glad it's not freezing.

Lynx

Yeah, about Christmas Sunday...

We're having church the 25th, but we don't expect many people. In fact the singers are usually listed by name for each week, but on the 25th Sis. Amy just wrote, "Whosoever will."

I plan to go because it seems a bit churlish to me: "Sorry God, we can't come over today. We're busy celebrating Your birthday at our house." Also I'll probably be needed to sing.

One thing for sure, there will be no shortage of people to be here with Grandma on THAT day while I'm out.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on December 09, 2022, 06:59:18 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 09, 2022, 03:29:34 PMHaha whoa surprised you let her!

I told one of my gfs about the 50 cent cheeseburgers. She was like oh i should buy a bunch they can be my meal all weekend LOL
Considering the quantities in some orders, I have speculated some people might be putting them in the freezer in bulk.

The app said limit 1 per day? lol did that rule not apply?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 12, 2022, 07:22:58 PM
Quote from: Lynx on December 09, 2022, 06:59:18 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 09, 2022, 03:29:34 PMHaha whoa surprised you let her!

I told one of my gfs about the 50 cent cheeseburgers. She was like oh i should buy a bunch they can be my meal all weekend LOL
Considering the quantities in some orders, I have speculated some people might be putting them in the freezer in bulk.

The app said limit 1 per day? lol did that rule not apply?
Dunno. I don't have the app.

That would explain why we were not flooded like I thought we would be.

I bring my lunch from home anyway. I may WORK there, but I'm glad I don't have to EAT there.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. I am not peopling well today. It's raining and cold, and suppose to turn colder. Totally not a fan.

The Purple Fuzzy

Supposed to have storms in our area today.

Roscoe

Raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock. Keep hearing that we will get cold weather by the first of the week and potential snow stuff possibly around Christmas. Very slight right now, but a possibility.
The day, it is dragging.

MsJennJenn

We got awoken to tornado alarms this morning. Almost a solid 15 mins of them. Yikes.
It touched down, BUT not here haha.  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Cold front is blowing in. I got a chill in my bones already. Burr.

Today must be Santa day for school. See the helicopter across the street at the elementary school.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Meeee either. Ugh. I'm already ready for summer lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work.

We went this morning to put a deposit to reserve Jeremy's new car. That kind of money (price of car) makes me so uncomfortable!

Roscoe

What's he getting, Nelle?
  It's cold here this morning. In the low 30s. I'm not a fan, ready for summer too. The bright sun today is mocking me. Look outside and it looks like a beautiful summer day, shining bright. Then you walk outside and freeze ya huevos off. :pound:

Yesterday the sinus mess got me. I was wiped out, called in and burned 10 hours of the 798 I had on the books. Slept pretty much all day then went to church. Still not 100% this morning but I've got half my caseload scheduled to report in so at work I be...

Nelle

Jeremy chose a 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic. You'd probably be able to guess the 'name' of his car from his color choice, haha. He's an Oscar fan. This will be his first new car purchase (that wasn't for someone else to drive) in his life and he's just shy of 40. It won't come in until Feb or March since they're having to build it with the lack of vehicles at the dealerships. Thankful that we were able to find something he wanted that wasn't the Dodge Challenger he initially wanted, LOL.

@Work.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on December 15, 2022, 04:09:02 PMJeremy chose a 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic. You'd probably be able to guess the 'name' of his car from his color choice, haha. He's an Oscar fan. This will be his first new car purchase (that wasn't for someone else to drive) in his life and he's just shy of 40. It won't come in until Feb or March since they're having to build it with the lack of vehicles at the dealerships. Thankful that we were able to find something he wanted that wasn't the Dodge Challenger he initially wanted, LOL.

@Work.
Boy,he has wide ranging tastes. That's possibly the last car I would've expected someone who considered a Challenger to go for. :lol:
I can't say anything though. My hot rod loving, rear wheel drive enjoying, V8 and manual transmission obsessed self has strongly considered purchasing a Ford Maverick FWD for my first ever brand new car. It's the exact opposite of everything I enjoy...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 15, 2022, 07:37:17 PMI can't say anything though. My hot rod loving, rear wheel drive enjoying, V8 and manual transmission obsessed self has strongly considered purchasing a Ford Maverick FWD for my first ever brand new car. It's the exact opposite of everything I enjoy...
*Lynx starts singing an old country song about all his rowdy friends settling down.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It's 330 am. I can't sleep. I read Bible. Prayed. Still no sleep. Thankful tomorrow ,(today) I have nothing I HAVE to do

The Purple Fuzzy

I think we don't appreciate things, like sleep, or breathing, until we can't do it. I hope you finally got some rest.

Roscoe

I did, a little. Fuzz, how far are you from Pittsburg, texas?  I may be invading your state with rusty after church tonight. Car parts to repair Chey's deer vs Corvette incident await.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's about 45 miles. Let us know if you need to stop for the night.