News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

FedX delivered mine in this smallish box. I told them that's not what I ordered, I have a king size bed. She said you'd be surprised what they pack in that size box... and I was. It was folded and compressed and when it got the air back in it, it worked just fine.

MsJennJenn

Haha yea they compact those things in now! It is crazy  :biglaugh:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Been there.

Those boxes are small, but HEAVY! And when you open the plastic and let the mattress out, it just keeps growing and growing and growing, like those foam toys in little pills that you add water to.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 20, 2023, 03:25:41 AMI told hubby since we'd spent 40 years in the wilderness (our 40th anniversary was today), we should be headed into the promise land now. ;)
The way I heard it, east Texas IS the promised land. WEST Texas is the wilderness.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning all. Requesting prayer for an unspoken situation.

Feel kinda blah today, not the best for sure.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Rainy morning here today.

Good morning everyone!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Was rainy here too. Husband said he couldnt even see the road lines when he went to work this morning it was raining so hard. Not the kind of thing you want to hear from your one-eyed husband lol... Suns shining now though. Thank goodness. My mental health cannot handle gloomy days, especially after a poor sleep night. zZZz
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It was rainy this morning but pretty later on.

Roscoe

:hi: Dashing in at bedtime. Busy as what all day. Then church. Now, fixing to go to bed..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:waving:
Been a day. Ready to call it one and go home. Only an hour to go.

Backseat Radio

Been a busy couple of days for me. Had prayer meeting Wednesday night. When I pulled into the church parking lot I wondered if we was actually having service cause it was dark and almost no cars. Apparently if they're not feeding kids Wednesday night everyone shows up last minute.

Had my first choir practice last night. Was fun. We had more tennors and altos than sopranos. Pastor talked me into showing him a bit of what I can do on piano after practice. Glanced up and he was excitedly guesturing to his wife and pointing to me playing the keyboard. Later he was talking about teaching me how to read chord sheets since I don't know how to do that. Have the feeling that ability isn't going to be allowed to sit idle for long.

Also found out last night I'm scheduled in the sound booth much of the next month.

Roscoe

Nice.
 Been a long couple of days. I'm frazzled. I would say I'm glad it is the weekend, but I don't see much difference in it, other than the change of work duties. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been running around some today. I only found one garage sale but they didn't have anything that I needed. Then went to Sam's.

We also ended up buying a project 4 wheeler that hubby found somehow.  :smirk:

You guys and your projects... :roll:

Lynx

I got 8 dozen duck eggs! And a promise of a steady supply. So I'm happy now.

This is actually a pretty big deal because sometimes it's hard to find a supplier and the "eggs" at the store are weak, watery things.

Duck egg shells are tougher than I remember. I mean, I remember them being tough, but they are tougher than I thought I remembered them being last time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Another busy day at Walmart. Folks are getting tax money back and buying plenty of unnecessary stuff. Seen more tvs and speakers the last couple weeks than I care to.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on February 25, 2023, 08:18:27 PMAnother busy day at Walmart. Folks are getting tax money back and buying plenty of unnecessary stuff. Seen more tvs and speakers the last couple weeks than I care to.
Yeah we're seeing a lot more double quarter pounders too.

The town where I w*rk is big enough to have a movie theater, bowling alley, etc. but has none of these. So when people get money the best thing to do in town is... sigh... go to McDonald's. And the double quarter pounder is their default "I wanna blow some money!" sandwich.

We sold a LOT of DQPs yesterday.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that sounds like overkill. A quarter pounder is plenty.

Backseat Radio

Wore myself out today. Was up at 5:30 AM to be to church by about 8:30 AM. Bro Joseph (my team lead at church) was showing me the process of setting up ProPresenter for the morning services. Sis Whitney (our pastor's wife) taught the lesson during first service talking about Sarai and Hagar. Second service God took over and started moving. Pastor didn't get a chance to preach.

Was in the 50's this afternoon so I took my bicycle out for a spin to the church parking lot and back. I'm pretty out of shape cause my leg muscles told me off real quick.

Roscoe

Shew. So...
Yesterday- drive Rusty to Conway, pick up mattresses; back home, then to Russellville where I bought a new recliner and Lou found a cabinet, I guess it's a pantry/wine rack, that wound up coming home too. Then back to Conway, for Lou and Chey to find new comforter set; and a new pink chair... and new pillows... finally got home around 8pm and was up until near midnight moving things around and getting the mattresses installed.
Today was getting stuff organized, working on a sermon for tonight. Our live stream services have apparently paid off. Had a guy start watching a few weeks ago. He reached out, saying he'd like to come but didn't have a ride. Turned out he lives around 2 miles from me, so I picked him up tonight. Moved here recently, has been in an apostolic church for years, and was looking for one when he moved here. Very good spirit, I hope he makes us his home church.
Preached, came home and I am finally going to have a day to rest..kinda.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 26, 2023, 10:25:16 PMWow, that sounds like overkill. A quarter pounder is plenty.
I wouldn't know. I never eat them.

But some order a double with extra meat and cheese. I call it the cholesterol special. Or the heart attack special.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't ever eat them, either. At least I haven't in years but it's still a pretty big burger.

Roscoe

A double quarter is usually what I order at Mcdonald's. I order it without ketchup and mustard, add Mac sauce.

Well. I guess it is 11 am, I need to do something productive. I confess I've simply laid around all morning listening to the wind blowing outside.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 27, 2023, 04:39:49 PMA double quarter is usually what I order at Mcdonald's. I order it without ketchup and mustard, add Mac sauce.

Well. I guess it is 11 am, I need to do something productive. I confess I've simply laid around all morning listening to the wind blowing outside.

lol that's how the hubs orders it.
I usually get nuggies.

ANd it's okay to rest lol your actual day of rest (aka sunday) isnt restful being a pastor I'm sure.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

This may sound odd... but if I'm craving their little onion pieces, I'll order a cheeseburger. Otherwise I usually order nuggets as well.

@Work.

Busy, busy week. Working to catch things up before the auditors (our CPAs) arrived Wednesday. They'll power through two days of torture (with a lot of fun too.. because they have our sense of humor) and hopefully I won't have any surprises there, haha. Then Friday and Saturday is our Hyphen "conference" weekend at our church. Sunday church. Back to the work grind on Monday. I'll probably be working late every day except Friday this week.

MsJennJenn

Eww no way. No onions on anything except a Bloomin' Onion or onion rings LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-