News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Not here - it's been all ice. Hubbs finally had to go back to work today. He was very grumpy lol
But it's supposed to be above freezing today so hopefully things start melting. Er well melting more.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

@Work!

Said goodbye officially to my Elantra ("Ellie") after a good 13 years together. She was a good car! Very little large work done to her until the very end... when her problems became too great to be repaired and worth the value! lol.. It was bittersweet driving off without her today officially. She's been sitting there since December, just was still ours technically until today. They are towing her off for free (to a salvage yard) and actually paid us $225, so.. it was the best case scenario for us. 

Then I went to the bank and cashed in my treasury bonds that I received on my high school graduation back in 2003. Granny bought those for me in 1992 when I was only 7. They matured last November and I just hadn't been able to make it by yet. So all that money is going towards Jeremy's down payment for his car. We have a tentative ETA of March something-or-other, so we still have time to build up this down payment thankfully.

We are going Saturday morning back to St Louis to pick up Jeremy's momma from her rehab stint. We will be learning how to properly help her up and out of chairs or bed. We are hoping she's able to do most of this on her own, because there's really not someone who can be with her 24/7. She's been doing so well with the rehab, so hopefully things work out well. She's SO glad to be coming home. She's been in St Louis in the hospital or rehab since January 2nd.

Roscoe

Hi. At work. We apparently were on the right side of the line this time and didn't get the icky mess. Now it is overcast and dreary, but otherwise ok out. I feel blah. Too much time laying around has now made me super lazy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Tuesday we closed at 6pm. Wednesday we opened at 11am and closed at 8pm. Today we opened at 8am. All because we were afraid of ice.

How many roads got slippery? Zero. Nothing at all interesting, worth sliding on, in my whole area.

Feh.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I made a giant batch of chocolate chip cookies with pecans for my son & grandson's birthdays.

Backseat Radio

So much for plans to go visit Grandma. Got part way there and the alternator on my mom's van died stranding us half hour from home. Thankfully my brother was nearby with his vehicle so we could get mom home before her oxygen concentrator ran out of battery. AAA towed the van home a bit later.

Roscoe

Urgh. About to go cruise the countryside. TOTS- sometimes I wanna :pound: my child's head. She's been off all week due to snow. She's done nothing, and voiced complaints about doing dishes last night. Then today , she "doesn't feel like going to school" Yeah, it didn't fly for her. She went. Unhappy at Dad, but present at school..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I feel miserable today. My head, ears, and sinuses plugged back up for a 3rd time this winter.

Nelle

@Work. Again.

Nursing a (now melted) frozen coke, a caramel frappe, (homemade) sweet tea and thinking it's time for lunch..

I need a nap.

Jeremy's been having bad dreams so often lately. I hate that he's being tortured by this PTSD. I don't know if his medicine is making it worse or helping something that could've been worse.

Jeremy's mom is coming home tomorrow as I previously mentioned. Pray for her mind. She's SO anxious about traveling in a vehicle. It's been a month and a day since her accident and she's still having some flashbacks. I can't imagine how she must feel.. just praying God gives her peace tomorrow as we travel the 3 hours home. She's asked to sit in the back of our SUV and is planning on covering her head with a blanket so she can't see what's going on outside the vehicle.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on February 03, 2023, 05:04:24 PM@Work. Again.

Nursing a (now melted) frozen coke, a caramel frappe, (homemade) sweet tea and thinking it's time for lunch..

I need a nap.

You need a nap after all that caffeine? LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

7-Brew. Lawd. They have a Raspberry Truffle Mocha Frappe. For some one that is not a fan of $5 coffee with frou-frou flavors...uh, I'm slipping. I NEEDED that.  :biglaugh:
Now, ready for the weekend...

Backseat Radio

Called off work today since my fever spiked to 101.2 last night.

Roscoe

Hope you ae feeling better. Did family things today. Now relaxing. Studying a bit for tomorrow.

Backseat Radio

I'm feeling a lot better than I did yesterday. My temp has stayed below 100 all day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel has been sick, too. Stuff going around. I think hers turned into pneumonia.

Roscoe

Ouch. We've just battled the normal seasonal illnesses. Lou has struggled a bit with the after effects of covid- the breathing issues, specifically, but that's become normal. I saw where Cheesehead was recently hospitalized too.

Went to church tonight.  Got the surprise of a lifetime when my work supervisor, a Church of God in Christ member and her husband who is a minister in that denomination, walked through the door and had service with us. I felt as self conscious as I could ever be at first, but told God to use me and I'd say what He told me to say. Didn't feel bad at all, and they were "amening" the preaching. Told me after service, they'd be back to visit for sure. Really made my evening. She has been an incredible encouragement over the years to me, and her husband is becoming a friend- he actually did the concrete for my shop a bit over a year ago. I'd LOVE for them to believe as we do...

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 03, 2023, 10:21:12 PM
Quote from: Nelle on February 03, 2023, 05:04:24 PM@Work. Again.

I need a nap.

You need a nap after all that caffeine? LOL

Yuuuup. LOL. The caffeine buzzes me JUST enough to help get rid of a headache usually.. but it doesn't and has never kept me awake. I wish it would! haha..

I'm also on the line for anemia.. but I take iron every day. Keeping me right on the line I think.

Nelle

@work again.

BUSY weekend. I don't feel like we slept much and didn't relax much at all. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 9:30 on sat night thinking it was after 11pm. haha.. I went on to bed then.

BUT my MIL made it home Saturday. We woke up around 5-6am to get to St Louis on Saturday by 9am (with a few stops). We had to wait another two hours before she got fully discharged and then we almost didn't get her into our SUV. She can't walk or put pressure on her feet/legs yet, so she has to scoot or be helped from the wheelchair into the vehicle. A PT had to come help us get her in the vehicle. They had been practicing getting into the vehicle, BUT they didn't allow for our SUV sitting so high. She had a GREAT ride home. I'm so thankful so many prayed for her mind, because I was expecting a very emotional, dramatic ride home, but it was SO smooth. She's settled into her house for now and we are working on a schedule between the family and friends so that she's got someone with her or near at least. Her accident injuries weren't even the worst part of her issues in discharge, but actually she has bone spurs in her knee that's on the leg that she broke and they replaced with a steel rod, so it's been swelling and really hurting her lately. Otherwise she could've used that to transfer with.  She does still have 1-2 surgeries left in her future and lots of followup appointments. Please keep her in your prayers. The other driver's insurance is possibly contesting the findings of the state police, so it could even be another year before she can get any help from that. She has lost any income for probably at least a year, along with the health issues she has now. God can do it! He saved her from certain death that evening, so finances would be no big issue for Him.

MsJennJenn

At the office today. I am ridiculously tired.
We just blew through $500 worth of sushi in 10 minutes.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that's some pricy eats. Sushi is not my thing.

Roscoe

So, ya'll ate approximately 10 pieces of bait.  :laughhard:  :laughhard:

Shushi is not my thing either. My daughter would have it every meal. Put a Mississippi pot roast on earlier. About ready to dig in. Did some spring-cleaning stuff today and have more yet to do. Ready for the dot gov to get off their can and return my money to me, the fat crooks. I got things to do they are holding up.

Backseat Radio

Picked up my bifocals today. Nice to be able to read without having to take my glasses off. Still waiting on my sunglasses to come in.

Roscoe

Off to court, then hopefully back to my "cave" aka office for the day. Totally not feeling the adulting thing today.

Nelle

@Work.

We had 1st Monday family prayer last night. When I got home, Jeremy almost had dinner ready. We did lose a glass pan lid in the battle.. but that happens sometimes with sharp temp changes and (in my opinion) weak glass. lol.. We will be cleaning shards of glass up from the floor for months. I swept, vacuumed, even used a lint roller for tiny glass pieces when I busted our glass measuring cup a couple of years ago I guess... and I still found chunks of glass for months. It was ridiculous haha.

Jeremy's mom is an half year too young to quality of a TON of IL programs that could really help her and relieve us of some daily duties. You have to be 60. Not sure why that's a magical number here. BUT we will figure this out. Looks like I may be taking my own turn of staying the night here soon. I know Jeremy's had a ton going on already of his own issues, and I think he's feeling very overwhelmed with what he feels he needs to be doing for his mom. His sister already took two of the three nights and her son took the first one since she's been home. I'm going to have to have to discuss it with him again tonight to make a schedule so no one gets burnt out or has to do it all. It's hard when everyone's bodies are broken lol.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 07, 2023, 02:06:47 PMTotally not feeling the adulting thing today.

Meeeee either. lol
but then again I don't typically feel like doing it any day. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-