News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 14, 2023, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 14, 2023, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 14, 2023, 06:10:50 AMThe service itself was good other than the music volume being a bit too loud for my taste.
Ya never know how hard-of-hearing the sound man will be. I always bring earplugs to someone else's church. (Even yours, Bobby, but I didn't need them.)
I'm about ready to have a locked box put over the soundboard to keep folks from adjusting it.
Hard to tell if you're joking, but if you are serious then I say do it. There are some churches that do exactly this, for exactly that reason.

They even make cases specifically for locking up your sound system. Yep, it's so common that you can get a commercially made case made just for that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Back when I was in the Church of Christ some of their congregations offered headsets that the hard of hearing could wear during church that had the sound piped directly to them.

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 15, 2023, 03:06:07 AMBack when I was in the Church of Christ some of their congregations offered headsets that the hard of hearing could wear during church that had the sound piped directly to them.
That's an interesting option.
Shew. Preached today. Gonna rest somewhat tomorrow. Plan right now to take off thursday and get the bus home.
Need to sleep, but despite being tired, I really cant seem to fall asleep if that makes sense.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 15, 2023, 03:06:07 AMBack when I was in the Church of Christ some of their congregations offered headsets that the hard of hearing could wear during church that had the sound piped directly to them.
These days a bluetooth earbud would be more practical.

Probably want to have them leave the earbuds THERE so someone in charge can recharge, or they'll all forget. (That's not an observation about old age, just an observation about people... including me. I'd forget to charge mine if I needed one.)

Now my nerd instinct is triggered. As today is my day off, I'm gonna look for a bluetooth earbud solution for hard-of-hearing people at church.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Yesterday was Vision Sunday for my church. Pastor shared some things he wants to implement this year in the church. Plan is to expand out our kids program, start small groups, and create a coffee and fellowship area in the lobby so the auditorium can be used for prayer before service. He's also starting a Christian Life class aka new convert class. First time around he's going to teach it to the entire church in the auditorium as our 10 AM session.

Nelle

@Work. Had bloodwork this morning before work, so now I'm also drinking a venti Starbucks frappucino. The line was short, so I stopped haha.

Had a rough weekend. Worked Saturday most of the day here, went home and ate some pasta I didn't like. Got sick Sunday morning and missed Sunday School, but made it to worship service. Sunday afternoon I decided to try my massager on my upper back that had been hurting since Saturday AM. Bad idea. I made my back muscles SOOO angry. They start having constant spasms and wouldn't stop and it really scared me because I could barely breathe through it. Jeremy found me a muscle relaxer and made me go to bed early. Between that, the heated mattress pad, and forced rest.. I'm better but it still hurts. Thankfully no constant spasms tho!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm thankful that it's nice and not freezing.

Nelle

@work today as well, but not for much longer! about half an hour and I'm heading home.

I wasn't able to do many chores on Sunday or last night, but I'm going to attempt a few tonight. The Post-Christmas Cleanup needs to get started even if it got delayed due to work, MIL's wreck, my issues, etc.. lol.

She is having her ankle/foot surgery as we speak. They called Jeremy earlier and gave him the halfway update. She's SUCH a strong person. :) Doesn't hurt that there are so many people she knows (and many she doesn't know) praying for her. God has definitely saved her life so many times the past three years. I'm so glad I know Him!

Backseat Radio

Not been a fun day here. Went to the walk in clinic on my lunch to get antibiotic for what I suspect is a spider bite on my back that's gotten infected in the last 2 days and been making me feel sick.

Roscoe

Hi. BSR, that's terrible, hope you feel better soon. Nelle, same for you and your MIL.
It's been pouring off and on here today.
New kinda mad last night when I discovered Lou's grandpa, one of my rocks and the sweetest man you'll find, had been taken by a con man for $450. Con man was supposed to repair a roof and of course "needed money for materials up front".
Being from the  "a man's word is his bond" generation, grandpa gave the man the money and the man ghosted him for the last three months. Unfortunately for con man, I now have his name...and the knowledge that he was 1) once on my caseload for this very type of mess, in two states no less, and 2) is still on parole with a friend supervising him in another county.
He's about to have a very bad few days. I called him last night- he remembered me. He was told he has until friday to return the money. He agreed. What he doesn't know is the prosecutor and I are communicating and he is likely to see the interior of the prison again...

The Purple Fuzzy

Sometimes it's good to have connections. ;)

Roscoe

It was real good. Apparently, I was very convincing to him. I got a text about 20 minutes after I posted that. He'd left a money order in my grandfather in law's mailbox. Money back.

And in sharing....ya'll remember the old song "the devil's in the phone booth, dialing 911"? He actually did it tonight. Bro Clayton is teaching. My phone is in the tripod, fb livestreaming. All of the sudden, it lets out an emergency siren sound. Turned out, it spontaneously dialed 911. They sent the sound to alert. I took it down, stepped out, and talked with the dispatcher. Told her "We Pentecostal, but we weren't even excited at that point!"  They were all laughing.
Then, after the lesson, I know why the devil called 911. Bro Clayton read a passage, called up a couple of men in the church, and began to pray for me, telling the church they needed to hold up me in prayer during this time. Friends, I've been in that church since I was 7 days old according to family lore. I've seen and felt God move in mighty ways. But dear Lord, tonight was special. Different. Overflowing...not enough words to describe the outpouring. Folks shouting all over. Devil gonna need more than 911, I do believe.

Lynx

HA! I have that song by Walt Mills. Thanks for the story.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm hungry but I can't figure out what sounds good...

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a good day. Got to spend most of it with a backslider friend and talk church... and then, I picked up the church bus and drove it back. Just over 100-mile trip, it ran flawlessly. I went and tagged it, and called the graphics shop and left a message so they can call me back. Ready to get it striped and on the road. I sent a pic to a group message in which most of the families in the church have at least one member in- we use it as an informal prayer request/news sharing. Had a couple of the disabled saints that we will be picking up start crying, so happy and excited that they will have reliable transportation to church.
Unfortunately, I gotta go back to work tomorrow. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Finally got the antibiotic for my spider bite. Hoping it clears up soon.

Lynx

The big question is usually, who will drive the church bus? Everybody wants it to run, but it's hard to find someone who has time to drive it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work...
Isaac, right now I have a young man willing to drive it and a couple backups, including myself if I have to. Hopefully it'll work out ok.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Wow... My boss may need your prayers.

This tuesday, January 24th, we are having a big corporate visit. They will be here for hours, inspecting everything closely.

The maintenance guy just got caught stealing a whole bag of frozen crispy chicken patties. He is no longer here.

No idea what they are going to do for a maintenance man for the visit, but I sure am glad I'm not a manager right now.  I asked the manager and she doesn't know what we are going to do either.

I mean it's no skin off my personal nose. But all the managers here are pretty nice people who don't really deserve this kind of stress.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Looks like corporate should have enough sense to understand...

Backseat Radio

My church is hosting a rally Feb 10 so I texted a request to my assistant manager to see if I could work 9-6 that day rather than the usual 11-8 so I could go to the rally. Few hours later I got a notification that my shift for that day had been modified. She accidently changed my schedule to  9AM-6AM (rather than 6PM)...giving me a 20 hour shift.
:laughhard:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Well. Yesterday was somewhat busy- got parts ordered for pretty much every vehicle that I have down except Rusty- he doesn't need parts; I just need warm enough weather to troubleshoot him.  Sacrificed a bit of my study time today to go on the first bus route; my co driver came along. We made the inaugural run and made some elder saints very happy. Made me happy too. Preached, turned the bus driving over to Bro Billy, and went to eat dinner with Bro Long and family. Now, I'm chilling, wishing it was warmer weather where I could work on Sam.  When it warms up I've got to get him done and back together, and I've got to get that woodstove I have installed so next winter, I don't have to sit and wish I had heat out there.