News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

Have to go to the doctor tomorrow since my blood tests haven't been improving. I know I have inflammation in my hip again, so hopefully we can figure out how to make that quit, haha. I always dread these appointments b/c I never know what she's going to do/ask.

I need a quiet vacation.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 05, 2022, 02:14:24 PMI wasn't really impressed with Branson.
But Gatlinburg is so far away from him...

Yeah, Gatlinburg wasn't very impressive either.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 05, 2022, 02:14:24 PMI wasn't really impressed with Branson.
It's ok. Cheap motel, at least a get-away for a bit 'cause it's close. It has a few nice things- we've went for 19 years. Lou loves it for two reasons- Zadie B's and Klassy Girl Boutique. They both have stores there and have modest apparel. Me, meh. It's ok. If it makes them happy, I'm cool with it.
About to go teach tonight, in exchange for my assistant covering Sunday for me. Not sure if I'll make it back early enough to preach.
And Gatlinburg- I like a bit more due to the area. That and my family came from a small place just a couple of hours from there, in Monroe county. But the distance prohibits me.

And re: hip inflammation. I've lived with hip pain for so long it's became normal to me. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I hate (sniff) having the sniffles in the fall, post-covid. Like we didn't have (sniff) enough ambiguity before.

Is it fall temperatures messing with my sinuses?
Am I coming down with a cold?
Is it the dairy I (sniff) ate yesterday?
Now I have to add "Is it covid?" to the list.

I can't even pretend to blow my nose on someone's shirt sleeve if he makes a smart-alec comment about me sneezing. It used to be funny and/or disgusting, either of which would work as a retort for a smart-alec. Now it can be downright scary.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

True dat.
Got some stuff done today.Got the metal in for the roof of the carport and managed to get almost half of it installed. Wish I could have the time tomorrow to get it finished, but there's the trip to Branson. Earliest I'll get to work on it will be Sunday or Monday....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  Nothing interesting happening here.

Lynx

"Interesting" is hard to come by. Nothing interesting here either, unless you count Outcast (video game) as interesting.

I'm a big fan of "comfortable" though, which often conflicts with "interesting," so I'll take "comfortable" when I can get it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Plenty to do here. I worked 7am to 7pm yesterday because our fall reset for the Electronics department dropped. Probably be working over other days this week too. Headed home from church today to try to finish painting my siding.

MsJennJenn

I feel you on the sniffles. I have winter allergies so when the temps start dropping I start sneezing.

Wedding in 13 days. Eek.  :-*
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
Took girls to Branson. Klassy Girls Boutique and Zadie B's got way too much of my bonus.
Got home, checked on a church member in the hospital, and today I managed to finish the carport. Took Lou to Conway to buy a leaf blower, my own splurge for me, picked up an antique wood stove for the shop, and came home- just in time to hear a tire on Lous car go flat. I attempted to plug it, which of course didn't work. Sigh. Oh well- I'd planned to buy new tires in a few months, but it looks like that's today. At the level of tire wear, I might as well buy the enire set and not just one. Ordered a set. Sheesh. Thankful for the bonus to make it possible.
Dreading tomorrow like a butt whipping.
Watching Netflix, which I rarely do- my nephew got me semi-hooked on Cobra Kai, a series that I never thought I'd ever like. It's pretty good and pretty clean.

Lynx

Ever wake up in the morning after a good night's sleep and just be lying in bed thinking about nothing and everything at the same time... And then remember you forgot to wash the w*rk clothes you need to wear today?

Oh well. Thank you Lord I remembered in time to do something about it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. I am back at work. Come on quitting time....

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm over going to doctor appointments. That is all.

Roscoe

Doctor appointments will wear anyone out. Looks like we may have a small possibility of rain today. It's much needed so I wouldn't complain for a wee shower. I goofed around and wasn't sure if I was gonna take off any time this week for vacation, so I didn't schedule hardly anyone this week. Then, not taking off makes for a long boring day. LOL.
Gonna take off tomorrow to take care of some business and might spend some time with the wife, taking her to a giant thrift store she likes to go to in Heber Springs.

Backseat Radio

Looks like I'll be changing shifts in early November. One of the guys in my department got the team lead position over another department. I'll be taking over his old 11AM - 8PM shift.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2022, 02:27:06 PMDoctor appointments will wear anyone out. Looks like we may have a small possibility of rain today. It's much needed so I wouldn't complain for a wee shower. I goofed around and wasn't sure if I was gonna take off any time this week for vacation, so I didn't schedule hardly anyone this week. Then, not taking off makes for a long boring day. LOL.
Gonna take off tomorrow to take care of some business and might spend some time with the wife, taking her to a giant thrift store she likes to go to in Heber Springs.
*perk!

Giant? Like, bigger than goodwill? How is the CD selection there?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Wait, never mind. Lou goes there. They won't have nuthin.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Took Lou to the aforementioned thrift store. She spent nearly two hours in it and was pleased to have located herself four "Klassy Girl" skirts. She went on and on about them being brand new and only costs $50 for all of them, instead of $50+ each. And one of them was the mustard color she had been chasing and trying to find. Why I don't know, to me that's the ugliest color she coulda chosen, but she will never hear that from me unless she slides on here. LOL
It was a nice day. Drove the '46, just right, not too hot or too cold, backroads, and all day with my sweetie. If this is a taste of retirement to come- BRING IT ON.

Sadly, I am back at work...lol

Lynx

On the road again
Bobby loves to be
On the road again
Hangin' out with the truck
His true friend
And he can't wait to
Get on the road again
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Stopped by and saw Chel yesterday. That gal never stops.

Nelle

Mustard is a wonderful color! I don't enjoy the food item as much as I enjoy the color of clothing LOL.

@Work.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on October 14, 2022, 02:02:54 PMMustard is a wonderful color! I don't enjoy the food item as much as I enjoy the color of clothing LOL.

@Work.

I am exactly the opposite. Love the condiment, hate the color. :laughhard:

Lynx

w00t!

One of the slowest people I have ever w*rked with just went across the street to w*rk at Arby's.

Arby's opened across the street from us just a few weeks ago, and they have already been actively poaching employees. They also currently have a sign out that reads, "No McFibs. Just real ribs. Limited time only." Last week they had a snide comment about mcfries. (I know, I know. That's just normal competition. But around here it just ain't neighborly.)

I can deal with slow people if they try. This one was not only slow, but also did not care that she was slow and seems to think we should be grateful she graced us with her presence at all.

Maybe I should drop the Arby's management a word about it...

Nah. They have been trying to poach our employees. They deserve what they get.

All we need now is a bucket of popcorn...
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 14, 2022, 08:50:30 PM
Quote from: Nelle on October 14, 2022, 02:02:54 PMMustard is a wonderful color! I don't enjoy the food item as much as I enjoy the color of clothing LOL.

@Work.

I am exactly the opposite. Love the condiment, hate the color. :laughhard:

I hate both. lol mustard the sauce makes me want to gag.
And I'm a blonde. Yellow doesn't go well.

It's wedding week!! Eek. I think everything is good to go. Just need to do the flowers for my arch. But Mom gets here Saturday and I'm making her do it. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: