News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:  fixing to see if there's any garage sales.

Backseat Radio

Way too cold for garage sales here.

Been quite a day here. Had a snow and ice storm last night. Went out to shovel the walk this morning only to discover my screen door latch frozen solid. Busted the latch trying to break the ice so I could get back inside. Then I miscalculated how long it would take to clean the snow/ice from my car and was late to work. Wasn't expecting 3 distinct layers of snow/ice on the car with the bottom layer unscrappable.

Roscoe

It was cold here this morning. Like 29 degrees. And it hasn't warmed up a ton, although it is sunny.
I've done home visits today and have a roaring headache.

Lord, it seems all I've done lately is complain/suffer with aches and pains. I'm sorry.

Glad it is Friday. Ready for the next 4 hours to pass so I can go home.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

My dad fixed the screen door for me and sent me this message:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Another project funded by cookies and white cake.  No taxpayer funding was used for this project.  I am Dad, and I approved this text.  Paid for by the Cookies for Dad foundation.   

Lynx

That's one of them there subtle hint thingies.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It was 32* this morning but got up to about 53* today. I only found 2 garage sales but didn't buy anything.

Roscoe

:hi:
Got up and went to see some friends at breakfast. Came home and Chey and I went to Russellville, picked up some stuff. Came home and tinkered a bit with the motorhome, the stove in the shop and just generally putzed around, but now at least I have heat in the shop. Tired as what, probably going to bed early tonight
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

A nap is now a treat instead of a punishment. ;)

MelodyB

I wish I had back all those naps I refused as a kid. I'll take them now!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Morning! Time to go to church!

I am so thankful for my heritage. I was talking to a friend last night and sharing my grandfathers conversion story and I was overwhelmed with the power of the grace of God. I have such a rich Godly heritage that admittedly I have taken for granted. Some people are not so fortunate to grow up in this truth. I've never known any different.

Thank you, Jesus.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Just got in. Lou drug me to flea markets today. She found a new consignment store that was huge and stayed in there for two hours. :pound:
Not looking forward to tomorrow's work- it's dreary and foggy, forecast to be rainy the next day or two, followed by possible winter weather.

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning. Busy one too. And lots of rain. Not really a fan.

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully, rain isn't here, yet. It's 75* for now. :)

MelodyB

We got rain. But not a lot, just drizzly all day yesterday and today.

I don't mind really. It's not really cold. I didn't wear my big jacket today, just a hoodie. It's 69 right now with a low of 63 tonight.

I can handle that!

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 22, 2022, 05:25:06 PMThankfully, rain isn't here, yet. It's 75* for now. :)
They are calling for flippin' ice and cold temps again for tonight and tomorrow. I'm over winter, I tell you. If I thought the groundhog actually caused this, I'd singlehandedly cause a mass extinction of the varmint and laugh while doing so.

Lynx

Flippin ice? I didn't know you lived anywhere near Flippin, AR.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Well the temperature already dropped about 20 degrees. :smirk2:

I tried to make my own funnel cakes. I found out my funnel is too small. They tasted good but didn't hold together as well as they should.

Lynx

I just made lime boiled custard. I used three bottles of lime juice. It did not curdle! Gotta love fresh milk from a local farm.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I'm making liver and onions tonight. Gonna take some to Church for my Pastor.

He's so lucky!  :hypocrite:

Roscoe

Yuck. LOL
Well, it is sleeting like no ones business and the roads are getting bad. Fixing to go beditate before the lord. :wink4:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Yea liver is a no from me lol

It's like 25 here. Or real feel like 19. I loathe it. No sunshine.
Kinda rainy but not really. They're still "expecting" more ice. :roll:

Bobby I'll help with said maiming of groundhog.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Got home. It is slicker than I've seen in a long time. Slicker than last month. And it's thunder sleeting here, which I did not realize was a thing.
The bank closed and let Lou come home. I'm stuck 13 miles north of her, no vehicle that will go get her except my forbidden state vehicle. Praying she makes it home safe.
One of the few times I wish that, instead of a low slung fat tired hot rod/sportscar. I had a four-wheel drive pickup.

Lynx

Bobby? You don't have both? I have always been certain a guy like you would have both a sports car and a more serious get-things-done vehicle.
"Do you sing at church?"