News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm going to get to see Chel and boys today. :)

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Same. Grumble grumble.

Happy Valentine's Day lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

It's been gorgeous spring weather here for weeks, which is nuts, considering where I live. Lol. But today it was hailing and snowing for while. Silly bi-polar weather.

Bella is off on an adventure with my parents. They're visiting my grandma in Idaho. I am thrilled I have only two members of the Ringo Circus to keep contained.  :lol:

Engineer Teddy is tearing apart a non-working digital camera.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Boys sure love to dismantle things. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2022, 11:53:23 PMBoys sure love to dismantle things. ;)
Surely not! *looks around at the disassembled truck, partially disassembled motor coach, half completed house remodel...
Nah.  It's not that we love to, it's that we HAVE to. It's in our DNA. :laughhard:
As typical, 40s was the high the weekend. When I'm back at work and can't do anything- 70s. Sheesh.
 Made it though the day. Hip still hurting, so I'm still crabby-er than usual. Went to meet Bro Wilson to install the new water heater at the church. Apparently, he forgot. So I manhandled the old one out and threw it out the back door of the church to be hauled off, and manhandled the new one into place. We'll hook it up later- I didn't have all the stuff I needed to hook it up. Came home and discovered the coach's battery was dead. I'm currently recharging it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm suffering another miserable bout of keto flu. Trying again to boot added sugars from my diet. Hard to keep on the diet with how addictive sugar is and how pervasive it is in the food supply.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Yes. It was morning. Been busy. Not hurting as bad today, thank God. Little pain still, but not near what it has been. In keeping with my grumpiness, I am tired as what, though.

Lynx

I am here. Nothing new to report, but I am here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Stayed up until after midnight last night, brainstorming my latest hair brained business idea. I've come to the conclusion that I am a serial entrepreneur. And I am okay with that. It took me a long time to get here, but I'm here now. It's a nice thing to be content with how God made you, even if your family isn't always sure what to do with you.  :lol:  I can see all kinds of ways God has used my business connections as a ministry. It just doesn't look like what a "ministry family" is "supposed" to look like. ;)

Quote from: Backseat Radio on February 15, 2022, 02:26:39 AMI'm suffering another miserable bout of keto flu. Trying again to boot added sugars from my diet. Hard to keep on the diet with how addictive sugar is and how pervasive it is in the food supply.

One of my kiddos is affected by sugar in a HUGE way. All kids get a bit hyper after having sugar. My Teddy takes it to a whole new level. I have to be very watchful about his sugar intake as a result. And yes, it's hard to avoid!!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

It's gloomy here. Gloomy outside = gloomy Jennifer.
Plus the bfs out of town doing inventories for work.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Did three 12s this week. Now I'm off for two days and work 4 hours on Saturday morning. I am gonna make a roast and have a friend over for dinner Saturday evening.

Tomorrow is laundry, giving plasma, and general house stuff to get my life together for next week.

I'm tired. Goodnight! 

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on February 17, 2022, 04:10:35 AMDid three 12s this week. Now I'm off for two days and work 4 hours on Saturday morning. I am gonna make a roast and have a friend over for dinner Saturday evening.

Tomorrow is laundry, giving plasma, and general house stuff to get my life together for next week.

I'm tired. Goodnight! 
Three 12's? What are you, a nurse?

I didn't know they did shifts that long there. Bleh! I'd be tired too.

Do you use caffeine to keep going through the last half? Or do you just push through it with determination?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Eating Wheat Thins dipped in Chive & Onion cream cheese. I'm sure one cancels out the other.. LOL. It's yummy tho!!

Rough sinus day here. It's been raining since last night sometime. I woke up to a notification telling me (by voice, not just a pop-up notify) "There has been lightning detected in your area." I really didn't care at that time of night, but I'm glad I can let a weather app bypass my "Do Not Disturb" function just in case it actually IS bad weather. I hope to sleep like a baby tonight.. hopefully better than a baby, actually. I hear they don't always sleep LOL.

I found a recipe online for a quick/easy shepherd's pie for supper last night.. it was pretty tasty! Next time I'll use flavored/Seasoned mashed potatoes, but otherwise really good. We are having chicken quesadillas tonight from pulled rotisserie chicken. Then probably tomorrow night will have to be leftovers or something. I'm going to be eating leftover grape jelly meatballs today for lunch. It'll probably be another 3-4 years before I make them again.. LOL. The flavor/smell of the ACV and the picante salsa just don't ever get overdone by the sweetness of the jelly & brown sugar enough to not smell them. But they're fairly tasty either way. I might try them on a sandwich today.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll remember it later if it's important.

MsJennJenn

Today is my Friday. Four day weekend and I cannot WAIT. My brain is already like peaceeee outttt.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work. Been gloomy and rainy today, making it difficult for me to get going. Lou is wanting to take the coach on a brief excursion this weekend, maybe somewhat local and camp, maybe a 100 mile trip or so. We shall see. Depends on what the weather is doing. Ready for the long weekend, and even more ready for our shift change to 4 day work weeks. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever happen and whine continuously about it to the boss. LOL

MsJennJenn

I would kill for a 4-day work week. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 17, 2022, 06:24:33 PMI would kill for a 4-day work week. lol

Fifteen years or more ago I had that at Morrilton PD.  Absolutely loved it. Then they pulled us off of it, I changed jobs twice in the ensuing years and I've never recaptured this elusive dream. When it was floated at my current job, I nearly broke my jaw yelling yes so loud. But, as I work for a government agency, they have to "test pilot" the idea, and drag their feet. SO-  long story short we are SUPPOSED to be able to start them around March. Hopefully the first part of march. I'll work 7am to 6pm, with a one hour lunch, Tuesday through Friday, and have a three day weekend every weekend.
I am ecstatic about the idea and badger the mess out of any superior about it. LOL

MelodyB

Yeah I'm kinda a nurse. Lol The patients think I'm the Dr when I come in the rooms sometimes. I have to tell them I'm just getting their triage info and doing their tests.

I'm not formally educated, I don't have letters behind my name, but I have been trained on the job for all the things I didn't already know. I'm an unofficial medical assistant. When I sign anything that requires me to put my title, I sign MA.

I do all sorts of stuff that we do in office. Drug and STD testing, Covid, flu, strep and RSV testing. I clean wounds and wrap them up. I've given meds, and they are about to teach me how to draw blood and give shots. Which I have some experience with that cause of my dad needing two shots a day of insulin. We test for mono, pregnancy, and run UAs. I do DOT recertification physicals and sports physicals. All the things pretty much that we do at our clinic.

We are open from 8a-8p and, most days it's almost 13 hours a day, sometimes we don't get out of there till after 10p...depending on patient volume.

So yeah. It's crazy. Especially now, but my work family is amazing. I've never ever worked in a place where I was involved or accepted among my co-workers like I am here. They truly are my family. I look forward to going to work even on the worst days. We have fun and work together. We actually care about each other.

The worst day at AFC is better than the best day I ever had a Burger King. Hands down.

MelodyB

Morning!

Headed out to give plasma and run errands.

I never left the house yesterday. Got all the house things done. Work tomorrow from 8-12 and then having company over for dinner.

Yay! Happy Friday!