News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Cats like Sardines - It's ...
Last post by Roscoe - Today at 11:59:13 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on Yesterday at 11:30:35 PMSo, you're making Chet an apartment at your house? Or elsewhere?
Yeah, behind our house- about ten feet from the back door- was a screened in patio of around 450 square feet. Dad converted it when he was alive to an apartment, but when he passed, I "de-converted it" back to a garage. Now I have it closed back in and am redoing it for Chey. It'll have a small living room area probably 9x12, a bedroom, a kitchenette- fridge, sink microwave and stove with a few cabinets- and a bath. Actually, a three-quarter bath I guess- shower, toilet, and sink.
It'll be a bit more than the tiny house living craze but not much. Since most of the work was already done, I just need time to frame up two interior walls, sheetrock, paint and freshen up everything.
It'll give her some independence while she is in college and still be under Daddy's wing.

Morning, all. Back at work. It's cloudy, I tried new technology and ordered breakfast by McDonald's app. Picked up my order, the first window didn't give me my receipt- strike one. The second window, the woman gave me the food but no drink, then stared at me like I was a problem, until I finally tapped on the glass and asked if I could have my drink. No apology, no nothing but still seemed to think I was the issue.. Strike 2. And I take a sip- it's diet coke, not diet Dr Pepper, my most unfavorite. Strike Three.
 But the  steak bagel was delicious as always,
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - Yesterday at 11:30:35 PM
So, you're making Chet an apartment at your house? Or elsewhere?
Last post by Roscoe - Yesterday at 07:14:43 PM
Hi. Yes, everything here is soaked too. :pound:
Lord, what a busy week. I may have a brief respite this Saturday- then it's off to the races again. Next week will be killer- Sunday services, Monday to Fort Smith to take a church member to a dr appointment, then Tuesday Chey's graduation, then Friday is something, then Saturday graduation party... then back to Sunday services.
And in there somewhere I have a ton to do at the house on Chey's apartment and nursing home/ rehab visits I NEED to make. To say nothing about planting my poor window boxes, and my yard maintenance...

Apparently, God's view is, "Oh, he can rest when I call him home" :laughhard:
Last post by MsJennJenn - May 06, 2024, 02:33:45 PM
Was on PTO last week. That's why I haven't been here. lol
Went to Indiana Sat-Wed to meet my new nephew. Came home and have been sick ever since. Sigh. I'm so tired of coughing.
Last post by Nelle - May 06, 2024, 01:14:31 PM
@Work.

I'm taking off Friday this week, so only four days of captivity. I'm considering taking Monday off as well. Trying to get some things done at the house before the husband & pup go on their trip and my mom comes into town. Got LOTS to do.

It's supposed to rain here pretty much all week it feels like. I know spring rain is necessary, but goodness..

Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - May 06, 2024, 05:21:09 AM
 :hi:
We've had tons of rain. The rivers out of its banks. My yard is soggy. I have nothing much interesting going on.
Last post by Roscoe - May 06, 2024, 04:32:50 AM
Two days. I guess GP is truly dead not. :sadbounce: Everyone is so busy now....
Last post by Lynx - May 03, 2024, 10:00:21 PM
 In the words of my noble and illustrious ancestors - YEEEEEEHAW!

Tuesday I went by the salvage grocery to see if there was anything interesting lying around. They had pint jars of tomato hummus for a buck a piece. I got all eleven.

Today I popped 'round to see if they had anything neat. They had 17 more jars of hummus. They don't got 'em no more.
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - May 03, 2024, 06:19:15 PM
Went to a couple garage sales today. Didn't find much.
Last post by Roscoe - May 03, 2024, 12:54:57 PM
Good morning. It is raining again here. Got to do some home visits, then a list of things to do this weekend. Hope all is well for everyone here.. :waving: