News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Last Person to Post Wins Round 12!

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, July 08, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Lynx

Well it's not doing any good as-is.  I took it to the computer repair shop and they couldn't duplicate the symptoms, even though I demonstrated it when I took it in.  Had the thing for a solid week and never even figured out that anything WAS wrong... After a week I had to show them the problem all over again.  Forget it, I'll take a stab at it myself. 

If I do nothing it's useless.  If I fail it will still be useless.  If I succeed, I will have a good laptop back in working order.  Here goes nothin.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Pray for this computer.  I already have a MUCH better laptop ordered, and I have another one (my decoy laptop) sitting here still.  If I get this working I can give a good laptop to someone.  If I can't... I'll have fun dissecting it for curiosity.   :great:

So yeah, for the laptop's sake this better work. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

upcchris

feelin' sick....have been for the past week and now I feel worse...needless to say this isn't fun....blood test results back tomorrow.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy says a prayer for Chris

Babs

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

* Babs leaves hugs for all having a hard time.

My latest blog post.

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Lynx

Well it didn't work.  I figured out the problem is not with the inverter, battery pack or video cable, therefore it is a flakey motherboard.  Therefore... it's time to dissect this thing and learn something.  Bwahahaha and all that stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

2K just around the corner lol

what kind of issue is it having?

My latest blog post.

Lynx

It reboots whenever you move the screen relative to the main body, which led me to suspect a short in the inverter.  But it kept doing it when everything from the screen side was detached.  Something is shorted on the motherboard, I don't know what and the computer "repair" places won't fix motherboard problems.  Incredibly they don't seem to know any more than I.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

Lynx

And yes, "repair" was in quotes for a reason.  Anyone can unplug a modular hard drive, ram, etc and put in another one.  >.>
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

yeah most shops dont like to actually have to work on a computer lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I think someone's watching and laughing, and will swoop down and lock the thread right before we get to #2000.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

BARB!  Where are you?  Are you doing OK today?  You are MIA.

Babs

:waving:

hope everyone is well

been a rough day physically so not been online. later  :hi:

My latest blog post.