News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2017, 02:04:39 PMflowerin' blizzard

flowerin blizzard doesn't sound bad.  :laughhard:  :hippy:

In all seriousness, if you're half right, I hope that's not true. Lawd....Texans don't know how to drive in rain, let alone the slush aka "blizzard" we get....  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 17, 2017, 02:35:21 PMWhat is wrong with some folks brains?
In this case- it's missing. :lol:  And a flowerin' blizzard would be preferable to the white nasty stuff we will probably get. *said in my best Eeyore voice*
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Okay, ya morons. Post. I am commanding it. :pound:
Totally ready for today to be over. I need the weekend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

If we have snow, I'd prefer enough snow to NOT go to work, haha. I love watching it fall, so I wouldn't mind if it didn't pile up. Either way. :)  I just would prefer not to have to drive it in when it's too dangerous.. ya know.. where you get just enough at the right time to make things slick.

Eating lunch. Trying to hurry and get these sheets done for my boss for our audit so I won't have to work tomorrow. I ~need~ this three day weekend, haha.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 18, 2017, 02:26:28 PMOkay, ya morons. Post. I am commanding it. :pound:
Um... okay.

I am eating three homemade pickled eggs and a big hunk of sourdough bread for lunch.

Sorry, that's as close as I can get to "interesting" today. Just an average day here.

But I gotta say I make good pickled eggs...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I'm about to make pickled eggs for a family in my church. They are buying the stuff and I'm making them and keeping at my apartment until they are ready cause their kids will devour them before they are ready to be eaten if they keep them at their house.

Darla will be here Sunday! We have a date to meet and go to Mobile for dinner on Monday! I can't wait! Another online friend to meet in person! Yay!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Because Heather cannot have a boring day:

Woke up to the news that my great uncle [who i was going to see the week of the 27th] went in to cardiac arrest last night and they are pretty much waiting for him to pass in ICU on a vent. So my Baltimore trip got moved up a week quicker which works out well because..

I got a call last week from a teacher that i had signed up for her class. Had to drop it whenever financial aid refused to even look at my appeal. Apparently she is a bulldog and she finally got someone to dig into my transcript. Long story short, I start classes on the 28th and financial aid will cover it. I need 5 classes [4 this fall and 1 in the spring] to graduate with a double Associate's in May 2018.

So I work 2 more days. Go to Baltimore Monday through Friday [unless the funeral, etc is on the weekend]. And start school the next weekend.

Some weeks you just gotta hang on to that unraveling thread....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Beautiful day out. I'm slowing getting things done around here........

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

My uncle passed on to his reward just after 2:30 this afternoon. Arrangements haven't been made yet but I'll be heading out Monday morning.

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on August 20, 2017, 12:59:27 AMMy uncle passed on to his reward just after 2:30 this afternoon. Arrangements haven't been made yet but I'll be heading out Monday morning.
Sorry to hear..

Heather

I"m going to kill some of my family members. So, in case you all don't hear from my by the end of next weekend, yall will know what happened.

My mamaw, aunt, and cousin are only flying in for the day of the 2nd service because their vacation apparently cannot be interrupted and my uncle hasn't decided if he is coming or not because he's too cheap to get a hotel room and hasn't heard if he can stay at my deceased uncle's house yet..... :roll:

I'm staying with a high school friend who lives in the area and my parents are coming up Tuesday. If my dad who has stage 4 cancer is insisting on going AND staying a hotel AND being a decent human being, the rest of them have no excuse.

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on August 21, 2017, 01:22:26 AMI"m going to kill some of my family members. So, in case you all don't hear from my by the end of next weekend, yall will know what happened.

My mamaw, aunt, and cousin are only flying in for the day of the 2nd service because their vacation apparently cannot be interrupted and my uncle hasn't decided if he is coming or not because he's too cheap to get a hotel room and hasn't heard if he can stay at my deceased uncle's house yet..... :roll:

I'm staying with a high school friend who lives in the area and my parents are coming up Tuesday. If my dad who has stage 4 cancer is insisting on going AND staying a hotel AND being a decent human being, the rest of them have no excuse.
Nothing like a funeral to highlight any fractures in a family...

:hi: Made it to pine bluff for the week. Not thinking that I will enjoy this.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 21, 2017, 02:48:08 AMChasing clients again?
My boss decided I needed to be a field training officer for our agency.
I'm trying to consider it an honor. It's not working.

Lynx

I will consider it an honor for you. They don't make you a trainer if you're not doing a pretty good job.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Daily whine.... the bed I slept on last night was about 7 inches lower on the right front corner than the rest of the bed. And it was about as comfortable as sleeping on top of a load of logs.
 Fortunately, I discovered a coworker who is driving back and forth every day from Conway, so I can just drive to Conway everyday and carpool. I'm headed home tonight to my own comfy bed....

Lynx

Bobby, your profile has been tampered with again...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 21, 2017, 06:10:00 PMBobby, your profile has been tampered with again...
Yes, when I complained to Scott via fb pm about my lack of Mod powers, he came over and readjusted them. He also altered that. I let it go for now...
 Back at home, where my wife has made a delicious hamburger pie for dinner.

Nelle

It makes me laugh. :)

Heather - I'm SO excited for you. Glad someone was able to HELP you!!!

On my job worksheet news - I finished at about 9pm or so on Friday night. So I got the WHOLE three days! YAY!! I didn't burn my eyeballs on Monday with our eclipse either. I did see totality - yay. It was ... surreal, as I'm sure all of you who saw it thought as well.

I'm surprised Ruby isn't just bursting with news of theirs. I hear she LOVES all those visitors.. hehe.

Anywho. Tuesday came in like a roaring Monday lion.. and I'm trying to finish up a bit of work before I call it a day.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Day two of training out of the way. And I have used some of my evening to take apart the lawn bench that has been on my front porch for years. It's wood and wrought iron and the wood needed a paint job It got painted a Hawaiian Teal- almost a baby blue. When it dries I am going to try to hand paint
Matthew 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labour... and I will give you rest" on the back of it in black lettering...or white. Not sure which, or how it will come out.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm taking my mom to get an mri today. Her back hurts all the time.

MsJennJenn

I've been MIA. Went to a 24hr ER clinic Sunday overnight with killer pain thinking it was a UTI....but in fact it was a kidney stone. It thankfully passed in a few hours. Worst thing ever, while rather small....good lord.  :noo:

But I fear the pain meds I was given triggered a bout of rebound headaches. I've had one since then....and I was doing so well. Sigh.

Back to work today. Begrudgingly, but also willingly, was tired of sitting in bed all day. I think that also didn't help my headache.  :mad:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Made it in from work. Discovered some vinyl lettering, so I finished up the bench project with that for now...Just two more days to go and then a weekend.