News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The best...why?

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 12, 2015, 04:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

The best things:
~ All the times someone validated and encouraged me.
~ All the times someone gave me a needed kick in the seat of my pants skirt.
~ All the discussions that got me thinking outside of my own box. Some of them even (over time) changed my mind about a few things. Shocking, I know.  :updown:
~ The Domers meetup, including golf carts, late nights, phone calls to other GPers in the middle of the night, green doors, Mel getting mad 'cause Justin got the first hug, meeting Seth and realizing he's way less gloomy in person and the he has an absolutely zany sense of humor that's even better in person than on the board (and goodness knows he makes me laugh often enough online!), baptism in the hotel pool, first chat on the phone with my hubby to be (who threw that phone at me anyway??? I owe you big time. He said I sounded "cute".  :roll: Whatever. I got to marry him, so I'll forgive the "cute" thing.) :lol:
~ The Stargazers meetup, including a late night trip to the airport to pick up Elona (with a certain somebody in the van that I ended up marrying), Sandra - who makes EVERYONE feel completely at ease and loved in her home, Sir John's bustamove, Apples to Apples ("Innocent gloves??" "Ummmm...... " *Chel laughs*), a walk with Aaron and Chel where we DID NOT GET LOST (much) :biglaugh:, bumper boats and a certain dunking (well, okay, not a dunking - an almost dunking), stargazing in a cow pasture :freaky2:, praying and praying and praying out in the same cow pasture in the very early morning because I was scared out of my mind and ever so happy at the same time, meeting Michel and Mini (and wishing we would have had a longer time to chat, but... uhh... I was a bit preoccupied that afternoon) :lol:
~ Realizing that some friendships I've made here are the truly forever kind, because regardless of whether I get to see anyone again on this planet, I'll get to see them in another time and place.
~ Being completely humbled and excited and teary at the number of GPers who showed up for our wedding. And who volunteered to take photos, decorate, watch kids, run errands, and generally help out whenever and however, because pretty much everything was falling apart at that point. (Seriously, you will never know just how much that meant. Especially those of you who picked up on certain yucky family stress and slipped up by me to give me a hug and whisper encouragement at JUST the right moments.)
~ Elona's face when I picked her and Jason up and she told me they were engaged. (Yes, I screamed.)
~ Jason's face when she told me they were engaged.
~ Jason's face when he was watching Elona while she was helping me, and she didn't know he was watching.
~ Christmas cards from GP friends, when I couldn't participate in the Cmas card exchange
~ Mel texting and texting and calling and texting and calling and mailing care packages after my miscarriage to make sure I was okay and to remind me that I was loved and God was still holding me in His hand.
~ A freezer showing up at my door that I didn't order, but that said was to be delivered to rWooby. A freezer I use CONSTANTLY.

The worst moments:
~ Getting almost-marriage-proposals in private messages from single guys I had no interest in.
~ Thomas's death
~ Seeing certain friends walk away from God and start walking down very, very dark paths leading away from anything to do with righteousness and holiness.

:beret:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Ruby

SippinTea

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

~ Jason's face when he was watching Elona while she was helping me, and she didn't know he was watching.

You may be an adopted Sister but you aren't suppose to tell everything...
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Scott on January 22, 2015, 10:44:09 PM
Quote from: sunlight on January 22, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Lol! I don't remember that part.

Every background check I've run on a prospective hubby for someone - at least one speeding ticket.

Surely there is one man some where that has never had a speeding ticket!?  :smirk2:  :hypocrite:

I have never had a speeding ticket...truth!! Not that I don't speed sometimes!!  :hypocrite: My first ticket was my word against the cop( failure to stop; others said they had seen that I stopped) so in a small town you know you won't win...I paid; and then I asked the judge if he would kindly have the ticket taken off my record; "I am 27 years old and have never had a ticket"!! His jaw dropped and he said he had no problem with that! Although, I have never checked to see if it was still on there!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 25, 2015, 01:23:08 PM

My first ticket was my word against the cop( failure to stop; others said they had seen that I stopped) so in a small town you know you won't win...I paid; and then I asked the judge if he would kindly have the ticket taken off my record; "I am 27 years old and have never had a ticket"!! His jaw dropped and he said he had no problem with that! Although, I have never checked to see if it was still on there!

Ironically...The only other ticket I have gotten was for the same thing... Though, this time I didn't stop... I thought I had the " yield" when I actually had the " stop"!! *sigh*
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

SippinTea, you've made me sad that I dropped off the grid! I've missed so much!!! 😡

Roscoe

Every background check I've run on a prospective hubby for someone - at least one speeding ticket.

Surely there is one man some where that has never had a speeding ticket!?  :smirk2:  :hypocrite:

I have never had a speeding ticket...truth!!
Come through my jurisdiction.. :freaky2: We'll change that....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

It's easy to get through Bobby's jurisdiction.  He's too busy playing banjo with one of the senators!  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on January 25, 2015, 08:25:29 PM

I have never had a speeding ticket...truth!!
Come through my jurisdiction.. :freaky2: We'll change that....

:o I'm scared! That's ok...I'll pass!  I like my record; I think I will try for 20 years no speeding ticket!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 25, 2015, 08:43:04 PM
It's easy to get through Bobby's jurisdiction.  He's too busy playing banjo with one of the senators!  :biglaugh:

Didn't I just see a post about the whole state being serenaded? Some time in the not so very long ago past... 2013? :hypocrite: 

Senator? Joke? Truth or Fiction? LoL

Scott

The things I remember the most.

1.) Someone sent me a PM and asked me to teach her about baptism. I taught her a bible study via PM on Acts 238.

That weekend she was baptized and I was able to confirm it via the pastor that did it.

2.) We saved a life once.

One Saturday night I opened GP  just before bedtime. Just minutes after a newbie posted a suicide note. I called my internet provider Tech Support and they helped me ping the IP address, we made contact with the police and they got a cop and EMS to her house - just in time. They called me 18 hours later. They had her in a hospital.

To my knowledge  - she was not an apostolic at all. No idea how she found us.

The cops told me that there were problems in that home that would be addressed.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Scott on January 25, 2015, 11:46:08 PM
The things I remember the most.

1.) Someone sent me a PM and asked me to teach her about baptism. I taught her a bible study via PM on Acts 238.

That weekend she was baptized and I was able to confirm it via the pastor that did it.

2.) We saved a life once.

One Saturday night I opened GP  just before bedtime. Just minutes after a newbie posted a suicide note. I called my internet provider Tech Support and they helped me ping the IP address, we made contact with the police and they got a cop and EMS to her house - just in time. They called me 18 hours later. They had her in a hospital.

To my knowledge  - she was not an apostolic at all. No idea how she found us.

The cops told me that there were problems in that home that would be addressed.

Wow...God is amazing! I would say God leads people to those who can and are able to help! Those who have a heart for those in need!!!

taco_harvell

Never had a speeding ticket, but I did take the back stairs out at church with the church van. It wasn't totally my fault though. Someone left the window open and the floorboard flooded. My wet shoe slipped from the  brake onto the gas. Stairs were destroyed but the van had minor damage.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 26, 2015, 04:11:49 AM
Never had a speeding ticket, but I did take the back stairs out at church with the church van. It wasn't totally my fault though. Someone left the window open and the floorboard flooded. My wet shoe slipped from the  brake onto the gas. Stairs were destroyed but the van had minor damage.

Scott, must not have done a background check on you...being as it was stated that they always came back with at least one speeding ticket!!! 😉

Scott

My background checks come back boring.  Clean traffic and criminal records. State and local government entities have approved me for access into secured facilities and much more.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

Or eating a donut and drinking a dr pepper.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on January 25, 2015, 03:40:49 AM

The worst moments:
~ Getting almost-marriage-proposals in private messages from single guys I had no interest in.

Nothing this good ever happens to me.  :hypocrite: :rotfl:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 25, 2015, 09:11:56 PM

Didn't I just see a post about the whole state being serenaded? Some time in the not so very long ago past... 2013? :hypocrite: 

Senator? Joke? Truth or Fiction? LoL

As with most stories, there are elements of truth and fiction... :biglaugh:
Since you are a recycled :newbie: and don't know me- I am 1) a cop, formerly a patrol Sergeant who was in a very dark place until God answered my wife's prayers about 6 months before I found this place (about 5 years ago) and gave me a cushy job at the State Capitol of Arkansas, where I am a full fledged, certified cop with statewide jurisdiction, performing the duties of security for the Capitol.
In that capacity, I interact daily with my state senators, representatives, and even get to have small conversations with the Governor and other high and mighty dignitaries like my state's congressmen and US senators among others.
The incident Isaac is referring to- we have a state senator who is a fiddler in a bluegrass band. It is not unusual to hear him playing the fiddle in the common area of the capitol before session starts, often accompanied by another senator on guitar, a lobbyist or two on banjo, and some singing. I, however, have difficulty playing a cd player, and do not partake other than as a joyful listener, since I love bluegrass. 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Roscoe, God is amazing!!

...and being as I love music; that's pretty cool to have people in "high places" show off some real talent!

SippinTea

Well. Actually. Roscoe wouldn't know anything about "high places"........

*ahem*

*evil grin*

The Purple Fuzzy

He could probably give a good description of their kneecaps... ;)

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on January 27, 2015, 03:48:57 AM
Well. Actually. Roscoe wouldn't know anything about "high places"........

*ahem*

*evil grin*

:thumbsup2: :hypocrite: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Assuredbyfaith

I think a whole lot of smiting is about to come about!   :o