News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

So it's Valentines Day weekend and I'm going to my first singles event ever.... I'm not sure how that makes me feel!  😏😖😊  Mostly I have been caught by life...work, pay bills, work, pay bills, sleep very little, stress, work...trying to make it through day by day!  I've never really worried about meeting the "right" man! I just sort of figured it would happen! 😏 Sadly, even with my list of qualities narrowed down to just four things; I still haven't met him! I don't want to be married and miserable... So I'm still waiting!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

The reasons why my mantra is:

"Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 12, 2015, 02:41:44 PM
That's nuts.  That kind of photography is specialized anyway.  I don't think MOST photographers even do that. My daughter does photography, too.  I KNOW she wouldn't do that.

Right, Chel?
Right. I would never do that. Not even for the ones that are wanting it for their husband. There is nothing good that can come out of taking pictures of stuff that should be hidden.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Assuredbyfaith:  You did notice you have been reduced to quoting yourself, right?  :P

And by the way, that kind of photography I don't think anyone around here does.  I haven't asked, but the photographers I know I'm fairly sure they wouldn't do that.

Bobby: I would protest the iJunk-only mindset, but I've given up. I have learned people are going to fixate on what they think is "best" and they don't want me to bring up things like facts to confuse the issue.  I just buy what I like and let them buy what they like.  And when they run into problems I will try to help them, and I will try my dead level best to NOT say "I told you so" but in the end they are going to get what they want no matter what.

But really, nothing but an iJunk will do?  *sigh*
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I recently got a tablet. I went with the LG G 7.0. I have no complaints. After switching from iPhone 2 years ago I refuse to purchase any new Apple products. I do still have an old iPod that's been around for 7 years now. I've had no reason to get rid of it and it has a ridiculous amount of storage.

My rm has the sniffles so therefore she is dying.  :roll: Thankfully she will be gone with weekend and I received a housesitting call for next wednesday to monday. Just in time too. My sanity level was bottoming out.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 12, 2015, 11:58:11 PM

Bobby: I would protest the iJunk-only mindset, but I've given up. I have learned people are going to fixate on what they think is "best" and they don't want me to bring up things like facts to confuse the issue.  I just buy what I like and let them buy what they like.  And when they run into problems I will try to help them, and I will try my dead level best to NOT say "I told you so" but in the end they are going to get what they want no matter what.

I'm firmly in the anything but Apple category- but apparently the particular program- "OnSong"- is an Apple-only app. I looked for a android equivalent, but they truthfully don't have one yet that does everything that Apple's does. So, since I had been blocked by that, I did the next best thing- I used "Call-a-Nerd" and contacted one of my wonderful nerd friends who has experience in that particular area. Then I took his advice and bought refurbished directly from the manufacturer.  :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 13, 2015, 01:56:50 AM
I really like my iPad & iPhone. :girltongue:

As do I. As well as my MacBook (the second one I've willingly purchased tyvm).
And this weekend I'm getting the new iPhone 6! Happy Devils love holiday to me!

As a graphic designer, my apple products have and will always outweigh any windows based program.
I'll never switch.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 11, 2015, 03:53:08 AM
Ask for prayer on FB and a so called minister tells me if I really trust GOD I'd throw the meds away and either live or die.

Well. That was helpful.

Some people make me angry. Which is kind of stupid. Since it's mostly ignorant people that make me angry. If they're ignorant, they can't help it, right? In which case, I probably shouldn't get angry.

Aaaaanyhow.

ROSCOE!! Stay away from my baby brother! He's (mostly) a pretty great guy and I don't want you warping him! (But don't tell him I said that. lol)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 13, 2015, 01:51:41 AM

I'm firmly in the anything but Apple category- but apparently the particular program- "OnSong"- is an Apple-only app. I looked for a android equivalent, but they truthfully don't have one yet that does everything that Apple's does. So, since I had been blocked by that, I did the next best thing- I used "Call-a-Nerd" and contacted one of my wonderful nerd friends who has experience in that particular area. Then I took his advice and bought refurbished directly from the manufacturer.  :clap:
There is an Android version that does everything the IPad version does but it's $130 for the download compared to $10.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Assuredbyfaith

Assuredbyfaith:  You did notice you have been reduced to quoting yourself, right?  :P

That's because y'all are too slow on the replies...I'm so bored I have to talk to myself...post to myself...reply to myself...quote myself? 😏  :smirk2:  :hypocrite:   

Assuredbyfaith

And by the way, that kind of photography I don't think anyone around here does.  I haven't asked, but the photographers I know I'm fairly sure they wouldn't do that.

I'm thinking and hoping I don't know anyone who does this around, near, far... FYI, I would starve right to death and live on the streets before I associated with such things! If you associate with things; regardless if you aren't participating...you are sort of promoting the idea that it's not completely wrong!

I'm still puzzled by the fact that it was part of someone's advice on compromising for the sake of money and material gain! 😒  Which, is made even stranger by the fact that I have a really good job...and I in no way have to compromise for material gain; or to put food on the table!   :-\

I will be polite and nice and not say what I really think about people seemingly thinking there is nothing wrong with it...regardless of what you believe in! :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

I guess this is were I have to be different from the rest of Y'all... I like everything Windows! Especially my phone...which I had to make a special order for; because all those people who think phones have to have games on them; didn't like the gaming apps available on a Windows Phone!!!

I bet none of you have a phone with a 42 megapixel camera!!!! 😏  That's the first thing I look for in a phone!! Not to mention I love how Windows is set up on it! I can control/access my computers, Xbox, and other equipment from my phone! 

Assuredbyfaith

I'm pretty sure I just quoted Lynx three times; but who's counting!!! 😉   :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on February 13, 2015, 04:56:21 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 11, 2015, 03:53:08 AM
Ask for prayer on FB and a so called minister tells me if I really trust GOD I'd throw the meds away and either live or die.

Well. That was helpful.

Some people make me angry. Which is kind of stupid. Since it's mostly ignorant people that make me angry. If they're ignorant, they can't help it, right? In which case, I probably shouldn't get angry.

:beret:

How do people come up with this stuff? :smirk2:

Someone told me I should refuse to believe anything the doctors say! If I don't accept something; it won't happen!!! Or be happening?

Sadly, I'm confused...because I am not finding anywhere in the bible were God said: " If you deny it...I will heal you"!!!  ..."If you refuse to accept it ...I will change your reality"! ?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 12, 2015, 06:16:47 PM
So it's Valentines Day weekend and I'm going to my first singles event ever.... I'm not sure how that makes me feel!  😏😖😊  Mostly I have been caught by life...work, pay bills, work, pay bills, sleep very little, stress, work...trying to make it through day by day!  I've never really worried about meeting the "right" man! I just sort of figured it would happen! 😏 Sadly, even with my list of qualities narrowed down to just four things; I still haven't met him! I don't want to be married and miserable... So I'm still waiting!

Lynx, Yes, I just quoted myself...again!!! :P 

Tonight the speaker at single conference said this: " You are not single by desire, you are single by design"! 

I'm not sure how I feel about this... Wondering if I'm single for God's reasoning/His Will for the time being! Or will it be forever?

I'm wondering how to let go of wanting to have a helpmate? I'm pretty sure I will find this tough to do....

Lynx

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 13, 2015, 12:41:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I just quoted Lynx three times; but who's counting!!! 😉   :hypocrite:
Apparently... you are counting. Yup.

A 42 MP camera can be a good thing, or a bad thing... Depends on how well it takes pictures, which is not solely a function of megapixels.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Assuredbyfaith

ROFL

Pixels are a good thing when you try to transfer your work to canvas!!! I also have different Lens apps that can do some pretty amazing things; including an amazing HD App Lens!!!!

No...quote this time!!! 😉

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 13, 2015, 12:37:56 PM

I guess this is were I have to be different from the rest of Y'all... I like everything Windows! Especially my phone...which I had to make a special order for; because all those people who think phones have to have games on them; didn't like the gaming apps available on a Windows Phone!!!

I bet none of you have a phone with a 42 megapixel camera!!!! 😏  That's the first thing I look for in a phone!! Not to mention I love how Windows is set up on it! I can control/access my computers, Xbox, and other equipment from my phone! 

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 13, 2015, 12:37:56 PM

Is it the Nokia?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Assuredbyfaith

MelodyB

Yo, Isaac...any suggestions on my previous post directed at you?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

MelodyB: Sorry, I'm with Google on this one.  Haven't a clue.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?