News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on February 07, 2015, 11:50:14 AM
Hmm... I'd say pray hard about that.  It could be a wonderful thing, it could be a bad thing.  The only thing it is probably not is a mediocre thing.
I just wish  the OK guy would give me a little more direction. He keeps just asking if I "feel a prompting yet". Then suddenly has to go once I answer. Almost like he wants no questions asked.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

I've also been asked to do some teaching 1 Wednesday a month by live feed to my parents church and do the same and preach on a Sunday every couple months. LORD I'll go through any door you open, please assure me it's you on the other side!

Feeliing pulled right now I guess you could say.

Lynx

Thanks to you people I now crave oatmeal creme pies.  And they don't sell doubles here.  And I don't have the money to get a pack of singles even. Feh. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

For once my roommate is out. She is here ALL the time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE rooming with her. BUT, Heather needs her alone time.

Glad the last 2 days are done at work. I'm plum wore out. Now to homework myself to sleep this evening. Wake up, do more homework then go to church.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:waving: Lou, Chey and I took advantage of Lou being off this past Saturday and left out Friday night for an overnighter. Stayed in Fayetteville, and went to see the Crystal Bridges Art museum. Some cool stuff there, and ALOT of weird stuff they claimed was art. It was free, so I won't complain.
Then we stopped at the Walmart museum, which was free, then ate a delicious burger, which was anything BUT free, at a nearby restaurant. Two burgers, no fries, two Dr Peppers, a grilled cheese,and a kids' Dr Pepper- $27 . :o  I nearly left them a mess at the register when they told me the total. I'd been better off to add ten bucks and find a steakhouse.
Then we moseyed our way home the back way, stopping at flea markets and Corvettes for sale all along the way. Tried to get Galoot and family to meet up and eat, but they were busy, given the short notice.
Now I'm back at work, trying to decide whether I should try to buy one of the Corvettes I looked at. It is priced much more attractively than the Challenger I looked at the other day....I might go see what Ye Olde Bank has to  say in regards to the deal, since I will be needing their financial assets to make it happen....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Have I made any comments yet on this forum about the guy I've been taking to work?  Well there's this guy named Billy who works where I work, and for a month or so he has been without a car, so I've been taking him to work.  He's a nice enough guy - calls the managers at work sir and ma'am, calls me sir sometimes (which makes me feel old...) but he's definitely nowhere near a christian.  He's always talking about how drunk he got last night, how he and his girlfriend spent the night (he doesn't get too graphic, for this mercy much thanks) and how much trouble he's having with his "baby's momma" and he might let a cuss word slip here and there.  I never preach to him but he knows I'm a christian, I don't do any of that stuff... and I think he has noticed I have a better life than he does.  I don't mention it (especially not that way!) but I think he has noticed it.

So last Sunday night he came to church.  And weeee, we had a great service!  He said he might come again tonight.  :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Second week in a row no church. :( Trying to keep my head up and encouraged, but Jason and no church makes for a VERY unhappy camper. IAnother example of how GOD works. as a kid I hated church now I can't make it without it.

I go back to the doctor Tuesday. Hopefully, I show some improvement. I found out I get to go to the mini men's retreat at ladies retreat next month. The church is covering Elona and I get to go with her. The sound guy and the PPH guys are friends of mine we get to see each other this way. Plus I get out of these 4 walls.

Anyone know a live feed church service other than POA or POK?

MelodyB

The church I attended for most of 2014 is on live feed. Small but powerful! And they archive their services. Www.actlh.com
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

taco_harvell

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Ours is live as well - and I think there are plenty in the archives lol.

www.calvaryeuless.org
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Brandon and I registered at Target today for the wedding. EEK!!!!! Plus he tried on a suit. We are going with my mom tomorrow to purchase said suit. 94 days people!!!

At dinner we ran into the Pastor's family [minus the Pastor]  from my 'new church'. His wife is so super sweet!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Survived another day. Had a good friend to whom I vent, bounce ideas off of, and otherwise trust his judgment talk me off of the cliff of buying a Corvette- for now. Came home and "put my foot in it" as Chey says, about dinner. (That is a compliment meaning I done good, contrary to the way it sounds). I made chicken and rice with mushroom gravy, fried tators with onions, green beans, and a few slices of my homemade bread...
And Lou and I had a long talk about finances and tax refunds, and I think we've ironed out what bills get paid, how much goes into savings, and how much we can spend..I hate those talks usually, but since we most often are on the same page, albeit with slightly different viewpoints, it's usually not as bad as I imagine it will be.
If I could give any young couple marriage advice other than the usual put God first and always treat your spouse like you've just fallen in love with them, every day, I would tell them- "Debt will kill your marriage as fast as any affair will. Avoid it at all costs, and make sure you agree with each other moneywise." It will be a loooong road if one of you is a saver and the other spends every penny without a thought for tomorrow.... This is a lesson (about debt) I wish I had took to heart long ago, and it caused us considerable friction in the past.
Thankfully, my wife leaves most finances up to me and generally goes along with my decisions, which means the resulting mess can only be blamed- on me. :lol: I have had to work at self control, since I am a recovering impulse buyer....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Whoever the jerk was that talked you out of the Corvette should mind his own business.  I really wanted to take it for a spin.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning :hi:  We really shouldn't have to work on such a pretty day.

Heather

it's not so pretty here. it's 30, dreary, and that wind is icey. I got up and tried to go to class but my knees are just not having it today. I've lost track of how many ibuprofen i've taken today and nothing is touching them. Did get my FAFSA filled out for next year though so I guess that's a positive.

The Purple Fuzzy

When my knee was acting up so bad that I went to the doctor with it, ibuprofen didn't help much.  He gave me a script for a stronger than OTC naproxen sodium (like Aleve).  It helped.

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 03, 2015, 02:19:42 PM
Sitting in the doctor's office...bleh, I dislike waiting...almost as much as I dislike the medical profession!!!! 😩
Are you still there waiting?

Roscoe

:hi: I hate session. It's always busy and I don't have time to post here. Stupid work, interfering with my goofing off. :pound:
It's been cold and breezy here all day, causing me to freeze. I'm ready for my summer. :mad: The .gov decided they would let me have my money back today, now if I could just get the state talked into hurrying up their part. Still fighting the devil known as Corvette, because I really want to go buy it . I've even managed to justify it to myself a dozen times today...

taco_harvell

Infections worse, my throat, tongue, larynx, and esophagus are all swollen, and they added 5 more meds and co-pays. I'm so sick of being sick!

This all has to end soon!

Ask for prayer on FB and a so called minister tells me if I really trust GOD I'd throw the meds away and either live or die.