News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Computer IOS compatability question

Started by World Traveler, July 23, 2014, 03:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

Yes, I know this is a computer questions, but so few venture here anymore I thought I would put my question in the general area and hope people see it.

My school is converting over the summer from windows system computers to Macs. I have heard Macs are windows friendly, but how much so? Will I still be able to use my Windows based power points? Do I have to save them under a certain suffix to make them more accessible? What about my Word programs on which I have compiled years of notes and homework assignments?

Any help will be appreciated. School starts in about three weeks.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

MsJennJenn

If you're using Microsoft Office you shouldn't have any issues....It will convert/transition smoothly.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

If your school's computer technician is smart, they will be using LibreOffice, which will read Microsoft Office files anyway.

If both Jenn and I happen to be wrong, you can get LibreOffice as a portable program that will run from a flash drive.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on July 23, 2014, 07:51:14 PM
If your school's computer technician is smart, they will be using LibreOffice, which will read Microsoft Office files anyway.

If both Jenn and I happen to be wrong, you can get LibreOffice as a portable program that will run from a flash drive.

I doubt they will be using whatever that is - mine is all Microsoft Office.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

BroTrey

Quote from: Lynx on July 23, 2014, 07:51:14 PM

Indeed and agreed.
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill