What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on June 20, 2014, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 20, 2014, 07:20:21 PM
Seth: That's one of the coolest things about God. He can work all ends against the middle and make it work out in ways you don't see coming.

Bobby: I noticed you avoided saying anything more about the video. Let's see it or it didn't happen. :P
A good investigator or prosecutor never lets all his hand be shown until he has too. :hypocrite:
Besides, how on earth you think a backwoods hillbilly like me could upload a video anyway. I count it fortunant when I can get online.  :P

Praying Seth.

And in sharing, I just got a phone call setting up an interview for the job I want badly, and will have an interview for Monday at 11 am. That shall surely tick off my boss... I WANT this job, but only if it's God's will. It sure does look perfect from my point of view though....
I was going to say something about him not knowing how to upload a video, but he beat me to it.

Hope the job thing goes well.

Roscoe

I HATE my oven! :mad: Lou had me baking cinnamon rolls for a church bake sale tomorrow. Stupid thing scorched the bottoms. :mad: Now I've got another batch of dough rising, and I really didn't want to do this mess again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

:chatter: Seth & Jenn are running away together, pass it on

Chseeads

If everybody else is running away too, then I'll just stay here and enjoy the peace after everyone leaves.

Roscoe

:pound: Cheese. It was gonna be SO peaceful with you gone.... I was hoping you might venture into the Bermuda Triangle and be heard from no more....:P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Sorry bro. Bobby, I cannot support any plan that involves anything peaceful.  Peaceful = boring.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

He's right, this IS nice.  He's wrong, we should NOT see not nice.  :scared:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Hey I think I found some distant kin!

http://www.gocomics.com/bc/2014/06/23

Those of you who have seen me, you'll understand.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Been tending fowl.  Eating lunch now.  Hotttt, wringing wet.  Bleh.

Gotta take mom to a doctor's appointment in a bit. 

Dad cancelled his test tomorrow, so we're just going to have to trust God to make everything alright.  That has been the prayer, but it's hard not to worry about it. 

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. I feel like a failure. Apparently THAT job wasn't God's will. Job was advertised as "Enforcement Agent". Job turned out to be "Criminal Investigator Enforcement Agent" which is a whole different ball of wax. Takes skills from the OTHER side of Law Enforcement, such as writing affadavits, search warrants, and the like, all of which I have done in a VERY limited quantity. It was apparent within the first minute of the interview that I was not the person they were looking for- my skill sets are more to the patrol/supervisory/ boots on the ground side, not the white collar investigate, write the paperwork, and bust the door down side.
If they call me, it will probably be the stupidest thing they could do. It'd be like taking a bird to do a fish's job- the bird could probably swim a bit, but certainately not to the level needed. Bah.

mini

Well, you wanted God's will. Guess it was easy to see that time...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Lynx

Hey Bro. Bobby, I keep seeing you on gmail's chat (probably a remnant of when we were trying to get your IMO working on your phone) but you never say anything.  If your data or battery seems to be draining faster than it should lately, that's probably why.  You might want to turn it off.  It didn't work on your phone anyway.

In local news I had a long night.  I wasn't lying awake all night, but I don't know if I can say I was sleeping.  I had a lot of really weird dreams, and I feel like I'm about three months older, because that's about how much subjective time passed in all those dreams. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

An allegation of copyright infringement has been lodged against an Arkansas Capital Trooper by a former associate in a recording enterprise whose details have yet to be fully revealed. However, if either the "birds of a feather' or "pot calling the kettle" doctrines are invoked, the pool of potential suspects becomes more murky than a Mississippi Mud Pie.

Meanwhile, a potential elopement of Seth and Jenn apparently had a monkey wrench the size of King Kong throw into it when Seth bolted at the news the Fair Lady of Dallas was going to run off to the sunny tropics with him.

More details as they are made u.... err, become available.

Roscoe

:pound: John
And isaac, I have had problems with my phone recently.  In fact I just received a warranty replacement for it yesterday.  Hopefully that will cure the issue.

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Newsman on June 24, 2014, 12:53:49 PM
Meanwhile, a potential elopement of Seth and Jenn apparently had a monkey wrench the size of King Kong throw into it when Seth bolted at the news the Fair Lady of Dallas was going to run off to the sunny tropics with him.

More details as they are made u.... err, become available.

:laughhard:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: