News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Flu Time again....

Started by apsurf, November 30, 2007, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apsurf

Anyone have any suggestions on how to knock out a flu or heavy cold?  Without having to go to the doctor?

I came down with it bigtime, but still have to go to work....

Sis

Quote from: nwlife on November 30, 2007, 11:46:23 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to knock out a flu or heavy cold?  Without having to go to the doctor?

I came down with it bigtime, but still have to go to work....

Bumping this to the health section.

Try Zinc and Vit C. It's supposed to work.

KaylynMarie

~* You see the real me, hiding in my skin, im broken from within, unveil me completely, im loosening my grasp, theres no need to mask my frailty cuz You see the real me...*~

Sis

I won't get one. Long story, look it up.

Raecheal

Echinacea & Vit C & lots of water & sleep.

kkay

I take Echinacea. Works wonders :)

Sis

I've wondered about whether it really works well. Maybe I'll try it. Hope I don't need to, though.

kade

had flu not long ago blahhh no bueno :nono: :tantrum:
Sunday best and broken glass

Cody P

I am not sure what kind of medicine to take for the flu seeing that I am not a doctor. However I do work at a hospital and one of the # 1 things you hear doctors and nurses saying to do is to get the flu shot. I know some people get sick after getting it but thats not usually the case. I have taken the flu shot a few times and havent got sick or anything from it. The most I have gotten from it was maybe a sore throat that lasted maybe a day if that. So my main advice is to go get the flu shot it really really helps. :lol:
I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

I wouldn't touch flu shots for a million bucks. The best thing you can do is eat correctly, slow down on sugars desserts, etc and eat a lot of things with vitamines. Get the right amount of sleep so you don't get run down and exercise.

Wash your hands when you've handled public things, or keep some hand sanitizer with you. People tend to cough in their hand then open doors or handle carts in stores, etc. The we touch it and then touch our face, or eat something.

Don't be weird about it, just watch what you eat keep yourself rested, exercise and wash your hands more.

I haven't had the flu in years. I've had colds, and felt ucky because of the hypothyroidism but haven't had the flu.

Q-tip

I have never had the flu and whenever I do get sick it only lasts a few hours.  I have never had a flu shot and have no plans on ever getting one.   

I don't know if it is true or not but I once heard that once you get a flu shot you will have to have the shot every year because your body becomes reliant on the shot.   

///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

Cody P

I have never heard that. However it may be true and it may not be. I will have to try to find out. I had taken the flu shot several diffrent times and my body is relient on it.
I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

Don't depend on other's opinions. Research it for yourself. I won't post it in here because there's way too much.  Don't depend on the stuff everyone repeats over and over. Dig deeper. Find out what other doctors are saying about it. You will find that many doctors are against flu shots for various reasons.

Tsalagi

QuoteI won't post it in here because there's way too much.

LOL boy, do I know THAT feeling!

Sis

*Sis ponders Tsalagi's meaning*  *Sis wonders if Tsalagi drew that batman in his avatar*

Tsalagi

posting in forums about things like that can go ON and ON and ON - and there's so much info out there that it's just overload - plus some of the subjects are controversial...

Yep!  It was this pic:

Cody P

I found this information online about the " Flu" Maybe It will be helpfull. Let me know.

What is Influenza (Also Called Flu)?
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccination each year.

Every year in the United States, on average:

5% to 20% of the population gets the flu;
more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu complications, and;
about 36,000 people die from flu.
Some people, such as older people, young children, and people with certain health conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), are at high risk for serious flu complications.

Symptoms of Flu
Symptoms of flu include:

fever (usually high)
headache
extreme tiredness
dry cough
sore throat
runny or stuffy nose
muscle aches
Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, also can occur but are more common in children than adults
Complications of Flu
Complications of flu can include bacterial pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes.

How Flu Spreads
Flu viruses spread mainly from person to person through coughing or sneezing of people with influenza. Sometimes people may become infected by touching something with flu viruses on it and then touching their mouth or nose. Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 days after becoming sick. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick.

Preventing Seasonal Flu: Get Vaccinated
The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccination each year. There are two types of vaccines:

The "flu shot" – an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle. The flu shot is approved for use in people 6 months of age and older, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions.
The nasal-spray flu vaccine – a vaccine made with live, weakened flu viruses that do not cause the flu (sometimes called LAIV for "Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine"). LAIV is approved for use in healthy* people 2-49 years of age† who are not pregnant.
About two weeks after vaccination, antibodies develop that protect against influenza virus infection. Flu vaccines will not protect against flu-like illnesses caused by non-influenza viruses.

When to Get Vaccinated
October or November is the best time to get vaccinated, but you can still get vaccinated in December and later. Flu season can begin as early as October and last as late as May.

Who Should Get Vaccinated?
In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, certain people should get vaccinated each year either because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for high risk persons. During flu seasons when vaccine supplies are limited or delayed, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) makes recommendations regarding priority groups for vaccination.

People who should get vaccinated each year are:
People at high risk for complications from the flu, including:
Children aged 6 months until their 5th birthday,
Pregnant women,
People 50 years of age and older,
People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions, and
People who live in nursing homes and other long term care facilities.
People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu (see above)
Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
Health care workers.
Anyone who wants to decrease their risk of influenza.
Use of the Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine
Vaccination with the nasal-spray flu vaccine is an option for healthy* people 2-49 years of age† who are not pregnant, even healthy persons who live with or care for those in a high risk group. The one exception is healthy persons who care for persons with severely weakened immune systems who require a protected environment; these healthy persons should get the inactivated vaccine.

Who Should Not Be Vaccinated
Some people should not be vaccinated without first consulting a physician. They include:

People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs.
People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination in the past.
People who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine previously.
Children less than 6 months of age (influenza vaccine is not approved for use in this age group).
People who have a moderate or severe illness with a fever should wait to get vaccinated until their symptoms lessen.
If you have questions about whether you should get a flu vaccine, consult your health-care provider.

For more about preventing the flu, see the following:

Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
Influenza Antiviral Drugs
Good Health Habits for Prevention
The Flu: A Guide for Parents
* "Healthy" indicates persons who do not have an underlying medical condition that predisposes them to influenza complications.

† On September 19, 2007 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved use of the nasal influenza vaccine LAIV (FluMist®) for healthy children ages 2-4 years old (24-59 months old) without a history of recurrent wheezing, as well as for healthy persons ages 5-49 years who are not pregnant. Previously, approval was for healthy persons ages 5-49 years who are not pregnant.

Page last updated November 16, 2007
Content Source: Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases (CCID)
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)

Email page Print page Get Email Updates RSS What You Should Know About ...

Flu Basics

Key Facts About Flu

Influenza: The Disease

2007-2008 Flu Season

Preventing Flu

I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

Now, that's the stuff everyone tells each other. Dig deeper and you will find out what's wrong with flu shots.

Cody P

I got that from the online sick guide.
I Am A Child Of God !

Sis

That's the rhetoric the general public tells each other, and many doctors support it. But there ARE doctors out there who tell the truth about what is really going on.

*SIGH*

I wasn't going to post anything but because so many people will believe the first thing they read, I'll post a few things. You go look up the rest if you want. There is a LOT more information out there if you don't settle for the rhetoric people tell each other.

Why I Never Get Flu Shots

by Chet Day - from Chet Day's Health & Beyond

Every year about this time, quite a few people write me and ask, "My Doctor tells me to get my annual flu shot. Should I do it?"

Well, I don't diagnose or prescribe, and what you do with your body remains entirely up to you and your doctor (if you still go to a doctor), but I'll gladly tell you what I do regarding flu shots...

I avoid them like the plague.

In fact, at age 52, I've never had a flu shot, and it would take a Marine nurse and at least four burly wrestlers the size of Jessie Ventura to hold me down and give me one.

Perhaps you already sense I have strong feelings about flu shots?

These feelings stem from personal opinion, reading, and dramatic personal experience.

First off, I don't think toxic chemicals and virus strains grown on living tissue belong in the human body, even when they're packaged in sterile glass vials.

Since my family and I don't rely on doctors anymore, I don't have access to an insert that reveals the composition of this year's flu vaccine, but I did find some general information at the Concerned Parents for Vaccine Safety web site, where I learned about some of the ingredients used to make vaccines.

Do you want any of the following vaccine constituents in YOUR bloodstream?

*Ethylene glycol (antifreeze)

*Phenol, also known as carbolic acid (this is used as a disinfectant, dye)

*Formaldehyde, a known cancer-causing agent

*Aluminum, which is associated with Alzheimer's disease and seizures and also cancer producing in laboratory mice (it is used as an additive to promote antibody response)

*Thimerosal (a mercury disinfectant/preservative) can result in brain injury and autoimmune disease

*Neomycin and Streptomycin (used as antibiotics) have caused allergic reaction in some people.

Vaccines are also grown and strained through animal or human tissue like monkey kidney tissue, chicken embryo, embryonic guinea pig cells, calf serum, and human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted human fetuses as in the case of rubella, hepatitis A, and chickenpox vaccines).

Well, I refuse to put all of the above in my body, and I hope when your doctor starts telling you it's time for your annual flu shot that you'll require him to defend the annual injection. You or your insurance company's probably paying eighty bucks for a visit, so get your money's worth.

Have your doctor read you the insert that comes with the vaccine.

Then have him/her explain why it makes sense to inject toxic chemicals into the human body and how such substances can aid the delicate immune system.

Related Stories:

Six Ways to Avoid the Winter Flu - And Flu Shot Isn't One of Them

Risks of FluMist Vaccine

Beware of Colds If You Are Under Stress

Chances are he/she will fall back on questionable statistical and demographic explanations that the medical establishment has used for decades to justify immunization.

Try to engage your doctor in a non-confrontational discussion because this is an opportunity for him/her to actually give some serious thought to what he/she is injecting into bodies of patients day after day after day.

Many traditional doctors who haven't studied diet and lifestyle aren't going to change unless we help to educate them to what drugs and vaccines may really be doing long-term to people.

Okay, to speak from personal experience for a moment, let's look over our shoulders to 1990, a time period before the Day family turned to natural methods of building health.

In February of 1990, right after my wife's major cancer surgery in January, her doctor recommended a flu shot.

Almost immediately after the injection, my wife started feeling ill.

Overnight she came down with the worst case of flu she'd ever had.

She went to bed and literally didn't get up again for more than a few hours at a time for years afterwards. Only now, almost a decade later, is she finally regaining full health and energy.

I don't have space or enough heart yet to tell my wife's entire story, though I'll do it one of these days, but if you'll click here, you can read an article written by another CFIDS sufferer, an article that shows the cause and effect connection between flu vaccines and terrible immune disorders.

Okay, I'm a realist so if was still thinking traditionally, part of me would almost buy into the typical rationale for flu vaccines, that so many people are spared the annual flu and only a few die or have their lives ruined after being injected.

I'd buy into that if I were convinced that injecting a filthy substance into the body actually made sense.

Unfortunately, once I stopped buying into the big medical lies about their drug, cut, and burn system, I started questioning all of it.

And when one digs into the vaccine history (check out the Swine Flu vaccine if you want a real horror story) and scientific research (especially in Europe), it quickly becomes apparent that nobody really knows what these toxic stews of chemicals and microorganisms do in the human body.

Well, readers and a few medical professionals have called me a simple-minded dolt on more than one occasion, but since 1993 I've approached the yearly flu shot hype with the understanding that if I eat and live properly, I won't have to worry about catching the flu.

The flu vaccine I use -- eating and living as close to nature as I can -- actually works.

Not only that, but it doesn't cost a dime, and nobody's going to have his/her life ruined because of a "bad batch" of vaccine that triggers some mysterious autoimmune disease that lays a person out of commission for years.

But let's say you don't want to eat and live close to nature.

Okay, I can understand that, but my next question would be "Which is better? Some rest time with the flu or having toxic chemicals injected into your bloodstream?"

I mean, seriously, before I got healthy I almost looked forward to a yearly bout with influenza because it meant I could go to bed and get some rest instead of working practically every waking moment of my life.

I might add that I haven't missed more than two consecutive days of work from an illness for almost five years, so a non-vaccine approach does work for me. This non-drug approach has resulted in a level of health that continually amazes me, especially when I see other men and women my age who are miserable and without energy. Men and women who spend all too much of their time drifting from doctor to doctor in endless pursuit of solutions that don't get to the cause of their problems -- diet and life style.
------------------------------

A note added after the article:  I have heard some authors state that there is a direct correlation of the number of flu shots one has and the incidence of Alzheimer's. This would be due to the aluminum and mercury that is put in every flu shot.
------------------------------

Flu Shots Not Cost-Effective

Researchers found that giving workers a flu vaccine costs more than not vaccinating -- as much as $65.59 per person during one flu season.

Dr. Carolyn Buxton Bridges of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia and colleagues looked at 1,184 employees of the Ford Motor Company during the 1997-1998 flu season and 1,191 during the 1998-1999 season.

Half of these people received the vaccine.

During the first season, the flu shot did not make a dent in flu cases because the strains included in the vaccine did not match the strains that actually circulated that year.

During the second season, the vaccine matched the circulating flu strains and significantly cut illness: 1% of the vaccinated workers got the flu, while 10% of unvaccinated workers did.

Nevertheless, even during the second season, the cost of vaccinating workers still outweighed the economic benefits, by over $11 per person.
Dr. Bridges told Reuters Health that most of the respiratory illnesses healthy adults get during the flu season are not the flu at all.

Vaccination did prevent illness and cut back on doctor visits and missed workdays, but only during one of the two flu seasons studied.

According to guidelines, people older than 65, the chronically ill, and women who will be in their second or third trimester of pregnancy during flu season are some of the groups who should get vaccinated.

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) October 4, 2000;284:1655-1663, 1677-1682
-----------------------

Controversial Findings About Flu Vaccines for the Elderly

A yearly flu vaccine has not been proven to prevent flu-related deaths in people over the age of 65, according to a review in the Lancet medical journal.

Nonetheless, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the flu shot for this purpose, citing research about the 36,000 yearly deaths and 200,000 annual hospitalizations for flu-related illness in the United States.

No studies have conclusively proven that flu shots prevent flu-related deaths among the elderly, according to the review, and some of the support for this practice is based on flawed data.

While some studies have shown a benefit for flu shots in younger adults, only a small number of trials included people over the age of 70 -- even though about 75 percent of flu-related deaths occur among that age group.

There is also evidence, according to the researchers, that the flu vaccines are less effective in older people because the elderly have lower immune activity.

Flu shots do not always prevent infection with the flu, though they can make the illness less serious.

The Lancet Infectious Diseases October 2007, Volume 7, Issue 10, Pages 658-666

Medical News Today September 25, 2007

Reuters September 24, 2007

------------------------

Flu Vaccines for Children Still Contain Mercury

For the past five years, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the U.S. Public Health Service have joined forces in requesting the removal of all mercury-containing preservative thimerosal from vaccines. However, now for the first time, recommendations have been given to 6- to 23-month-old children to get annual flu vaccines and the recommendations didn't include mercury-free forms of vaccines.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) reasoning behind this was that they felt the risk of contracting the flu and facing health complications greatly outweighed any of the potential risks from thimerosal in the vaccines. The CDC also stated that there hasn't been any scientific evidence of harm from exposure to thimerosal-containing vaccines.

Since the 1930s, thimerosal, which is filled with 49.6 percent mercury, has been used in vaccines to control bacteria and fungi.

Both parents and watchdog groups have shown increasing concern over the risks of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders as a result of being exposed to mercury. Opposition from other groups against the vaccine has motivated Congress to form a bill, which banned thimerosal from all vaccines.

Other experts said that the cost of mercury-free vaccines was higher than the thimerosal-containing vaccines and that a removal of thimerosal-containing vaccines could result in wasting one-third of the doses that have already been produced.

Although a major assessment of thimerosal didn't prove or disprove any conclusive evidence on the safety of thimerosal, experts agreed that it should be removed from the vaccines recommended for infants, children and pregnant women.

One pediatrician stated that he planned on giving the flu vaccine to younger children, however would definitely choose the thimerosal-free vaccine over the thimerosal-containing vaccine.

An expert from "PROVE"(Parents Requesting Open Vaccine Education) claimed that from the 90 to 100 million flu vaccines that will be produced for this fall, only 6 to 8 million would be available without mercury.

The expert also stated that adding this vaccine to the series of vaccines for children was just a way for the vaccine companies to cover their backs. For example, if the vaccine injured someone, the law would prevent people from being able to directly sue the manufacturer for injuries.

The law would also require them to take part in the long and tedious process of the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, which throws most cases out without any compensation.

CIDRAP News May 6, 2004
---------------------

Sis

Update on Mercury Poisoning from Vaccine

The Dallas-based law firm of Waters & Kraus announced today that it has received documents as a result of the discovery process in the case of Counter v. Eli Lilly & Company, et al, currently pending in Brazoria County, Texas that come from the archives of Eli Lilly & Company.

The documents clearly demonstrate that Lilly's thimerosal product, the mercury-based vaccine preservative implicated in a number of recent law suits as causing neurological injury to infants, was known as early as April 1930 to be dangerous.

In its apparent eagerness to promote and market the product, in September, 1930, Eli Lilly secretly sponsored a "human toxicity" study on patients already known to be dying of meningococcal meningitis. Senior partner Andrew Waters stated that, "Lilly then cited this study repeatedly for decades as proof that thimerosal was of low toxicity and harmless to humans.

They never revealed to the scientific community or the public the highly questionable nature of the original research."

While Eli Lilly made every effort to corrupt the medical and scientific literature, the process of arranging to publish the results of its questionable secret study, other researchers have provided Lilly with numerous articles since the 1930's indicating concerns about thimerosal and its potential hazard to humans who might be exposed or injected with the substance.

The evidence clearly demonstrates that Eli Lilly was advised repeatedly that their conclusions of low toxicity were not warranted and that they failed to pass the information on to appropriate federal and public health authorities. The following time line illustrates some, but by no means all, of the documentary evidence on this point from Lilly's internal files:

1947 Article received by Lilly: "No eruptions or reactions have been observed or reported to merthiolate internally, but it may be dangerous to inject a serum containing merthiolate into a patient sensitive to merthiolate."

1948 Article received by Lilly: "Merthiolate is such a commonly used preservative for biologicals, plasma, cartilage, etc., that it would seem important to determine whether harm would result following its subcutaneous or intravenous injection in skin sensitive individuals."

1950 New York Academy of Science article, "Mercurials as Antiseptics:" "It (merthiolate) is toxic when injected parenterally and therefore cannot be used in chemotherapy."

1963 Article received by Lilly: "There is another point of practical significance: does the parenteral injection of merthiolate-containing fluids cause disturbances in merthiolate-sensitive patients?" "It is known that persons that are contact sensitive to a drug may tolerate the same medications internally, but it seems advisable to use a preservative other than merthiolate for injections in merthiolate-sensitive people."

8/17/67 Medical/Science department requests that the claim "non-toxic" on thimerosal labels be deleted in next printing run.

8/29/67 Draft label changed to "non-irritating to body tissues," nontoxic omitted.

1972 British Medical Journal reports case of skin burns resulting from the chemical interaction of thimerosal and aluminum. "Mercury is known to act as a catalyst and to cause aluminum to oxidize rapidly, with the production of heat." "The manufacturers who supply us with thimerosal have been informed." [Thimerosal is being used in vaccines which also contain aluminum].

1972 Article received by Lilly: Merthiolate in vaccines caused six deaths - "The symptoms and clinical course of the six patients suggest subacute mercury poisoning."

4/27/76 Lilly responds to Rexall Drug Company's efforts to place the following warning on Merthiolate product: "Frequent or prolonged use or application to large areas may cause mercury poisoning." Lilly objects to this proposed warning, stating:

"We object to the connection of our trademark with the unjustified alarm and concern on the part of the user which the statement is likely to cause. . We are not aware of any instance of 'mercury poisoning' after decades of marketing this product. This is because the mercury in the product is organically bound ethylmercury as a completely nontoxic nature, not methylmercury."

1/5/82 FDA's advance notice of proposed rule making regarding thimerosal:

"At the cellular level, thimerosal has been found to be more toxic for human epithelial cells in vitro than mercuric chloride, mercuric nitrate, and merbromim (mercurichrom)." "It was found to be 35.3 times more toxic for embryonic chick heart tissue than for staphylococcus areus." 1950 study showed that thimerosal was no better than water in protecting mice from potential fatal streptococcal infection."

"The Panel concludes that thimerosal is not safe for OTC topical use because of its potential for cell damage if applied to broken skin and its allergy potential. It is not effective as a topical antimicrobial because its bacteriastatic action can be reversed."

4/7/83 Additional language added to some Lilly labels: "As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product."

1991 Lilly ceases manufacture/sale of thimerosal. Licensing agreements demonstrate continued profits from the product until at least 2010.

12/8/99 Lilly MSDS regarding thimerosal:

"Primary Physical & Reproduction Effects: Nervous System and Reproduction Effects"

"Effects of exposure include fetal changes.

"Mercury poisoning may occur."

"Exposure in children may cause mild to severe mental retardation...."

"Hypersensitivity to mercury is a medical condition aggravated by exposure."

CERCLA Hazardous substance - toxic waste disposal.

Waters & Kraus is litigating a growing number of individual cases across the country involving infants that sustained serious neurological injuries from the thimerosal contained in their pediatric vaccines. Waters & Kraus is leading the following coalition of firms in bringing these cases to trial.

Additional inquiries should be addressed to Melissa Miles at Waters & Kraus (Dallas), (214) 357-6244 or miles@awpk.com

Potential claimants should call Claire Bothwell at Waters & Kraus (California), (562) 436-8833 or bothwell@awpk.com

March 17, 2002

Even minute amounts of mercury can cause nerve damage that is related to Alzheimers' disease
-------------------------

Childhood Vaccines Exceed Federal Guidelines for Mercury

Childhood vaccines contain doses of mercury that are in excess of the Federal Safety Guidelines, and evidence shows a link between these excessive doses of mercury, found in thimerosal-containing vaccines, and neurodevelopment disorders such as autism and speech disorders, as well as heart disease, according to a study.

Since the introduction of thimerosal to vaccines, rates of autism have drastically increased. In the mid-1980s, one in 2,500 children had autism compared with one in about 300 children in 1996--an increase of over 800 percent in 20 years.

Researchers say that thimerosal should be banned from all U.S. vaccines and hope such a ban would curb the epidemic of autism and speech disorders facing America.

The study found a two- to six-fold increased occurrence of neurodevelopment disorders after an additional 75- to 100-microgram dosage of mercury from thimerosal-containing vaccines as compared to thimerosal-free vaccines.

To investigate, researchers analyzed the doses of mercury from thimerosal-containing vaccines that children received from routine childhood immunizations. They also evaluated the incidence of rates of neurodevelopment disorders and heart disease following thimerosal-containing vaccines and thimerosal-free vaccines.

Additionally, researchers looked at data on children with various types of disabilities in comparison to the amount of mercury they received from thimerosal in their childhood vaccines.

Based on the results, which found thimerosal-containing vaccines to contain mercury in excess of Federal Safety Guidelines, researchers confirmed a link between thimerosal-containing childhood vaccines and neurodevelopment disorders and heart disease.

Journal American Physicians & Surgeons Spring 2003 (PDF)
-----------------------

Flu Shot Facts -- Battling Influenza

Why do people get flu shots? Because they believe the advice of their doctors and health agencies who recommend the vaccines for most everyone, young and old.

Yet, many people are not aware of the real facts behind flu shots -- and their potential ineffectiveness, side effects, and harmful additives.

While it's possible to find some positive data about flu shots, there is a significant amount of data from both mainstream medical journals and alternative media sources that question flu shots' usefulness and efficacy. For instance:

"We've got an exaggerated expectation of what vaccines can actually do," said one study author, Dr. Tom Jefferson... "I'm hoping American and European taxpayers will be alerted and will start asking questions."

A study in The Lancet found that even among people for whom the vaccine is most recommended (the elderly), protection can be as low as 30 percent.

Only 36,000 Americans die from the flu infection each year, yet an average of 195,000 Americans have died each year from 2000 to 2002 due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors. This means that "over five times as many people will die because they happen to be in the hospital and are unlucky enough to experience a preventable error, than will die from getting the flu, if the vaccine itself doesn't put them in the hospital."

The article's author, research scientist Wilton Alston, sums things up by saying about flu shots, "At best it appears that one is opting to inject a foreign substance with likely only 25–45% effectiveness while hoping that no side-effects occur. (Anyone care to pay for the chance to play Russian roulette?)."

LewRockwell.com October 6, 2007

You may also be shocked to learn that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) grossly distorts the facts about flu deaths. If you go to the CDC's main flu page, you'll see their statistic that about 36,000 people die from the flu in the United States each year.

But if you search a little harder, you can find the actual number of people who died from the flu in 2005 (this is the most recent data that's available). Want to take a guess at what it is?

In 2005, 1,806 people died from influenza, not 36,000. And in 2004, there were just 1,100 flu deaths.
--------------------

Babs

glad you posted those sis! if you hadn't i was going to...............
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sis

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on January 09, 2008, 10:42:32 AM
glad you posted those sis! if you hadn't i was going to...............

Sis plays taps!