News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

If you want to be the center of attention....

Started by apsurf, September 30, 2007, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I would love to have a nice cup of Tea with RooBee. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Well... RooBee would love to have one with you. *smile*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

terp

Center of attention, huh?  I don't know...

As for the coffee...I'll let y'all hash that one out.  The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is calling my name, though.  Mmmm mmmm mmmm.
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

newkris

it's so warm here, that pumpkin pie spice doesn't sound appealing to me.  but i'd love a stroll on state street with a chai latte.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

TRAV

Quote from: terp on October 06, 2007, 07:36:42 PM
Center of attention, huh?  I don't know...

As for the coffee...I'll let y'all hash that one out.  The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is calling my name, though.  Mmmm mmmm mmmm.

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte says to terp:
"Hey, Punkin'!"
PROVERBS 3:5,6

newkris

and terp says, back . . . :pwink:  "hey yourself!" 
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

I bought some Pumpkin coffee mix at the store today....its pretty good. :)

Newsman

Maybe I'm missing something..I drink maybe two or three :waving: cups of coffee a year, sometimes probably missing that for a year or two..and drink pretty much standard tea.

John  :waving:

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on October 07, 2007, 05:01:08 AM
   Maybe I'm missing something..I drink maybe two or three :waving: cups of coffee a year, sometimes probably missing that for a year or two..and drink pretty much standard tea.

You're not missing much. :D 

Hurray for tea drinkers!!

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Backseat Radio

I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not drinking coffee.  Personally I don't see how folks stand the taste of regular coffee.  Not much of a fan of tea either except for good ole southern sweet tea.

I'll stick with mocah's and hot cocoa with cool whip :great:

newkris

i like my coffee strong, black and tall, thank you.  :pwink:  i like my coffee hot, but if it's too hot i add a little ice so i can drink it without burning my tongue.  i like my coffee in the morning and in the afternoon. i have found i am getting too old to drink it at night, though.  *sigh* i like flavored coffee sometimes.  i like coffee all year long.

the best coffee, though, is the kind you drink when you're sitting with someone and talking and talking and talking and talking about stuff.

:pwink:  i think that coffee has become the center of attention of this thread.  hey?  :pwink:
me, too.

MelodyB

:pwink: Yes, and that is quite alright considering what the original topic was.... LOL

I also love coffee....I drank almost a whole pot last night by myself. It was Kahlua Vanilla Cream. :yum:

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: SippinTea on October 02, 2007, 03:23:59 AM
From the rumors I've heard.... You'd KNOW if you knew him. LOL

YES that rummer is so very TRUE........
Quote from: SippinTea on October 02, 2007, 04:23:51 AM
I've never met Thi, but everyone I've talked to that knows him declares he is unforgettable. :)

YES also a very TRUE statement........ 

Quote from: InChristGirl on October 03, 2007, 01:50:42 AM
Screaming real loud works 10 times out of 10...

Yea that would as well * Personal Experience * this past year at Sr Camp * but it was NOT meant to be a Loud scream it was meant to be a little squeal about something my and a friend where talking about..so the rest of the week people where coming up to me and saying you where the one that screamed in choir what was that all about..( NO MORE comment will be given about that)   

so tot eh Question or statement at hand 

NO I will NEVER date a person from GP * Over and done with*
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

*~Trina~*

ok thats its!  now im gonna have to drive 30 miles to go to Starbucks!  i need a caramel macchiato!  thanx you guys!  lol :cry:
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MelodyB

I am fixing to make some coffee myself...called FogLifter...I have never had it, but I think it might be good.

Newsman

Until one opened up here a couple of months ago, the nearest one was about 90 miles away :)

Quote from: ~*~Trina~*~ on October 08, 2007, 03:07:33 AM
ok thats its!  now im gonna have to drive 30 miles to go to Starbucks!  i need a caramel macchiato!  thanx you guys!  lol :cry:

upcchris

Pumpkin coffee? Sheesh you guys have weird tastes.

To get a little more back on topic, I dislike being the centre of attention, I'm used to blending into the background/shadows and at times I prefer to remain unnoticed.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

newkris

pumpkin spice latte is a very sweet, mellow brew.  it's really quite good.  yeah, nothing says autumn leaves falling chill in the air like pumpkin spite latte.  mmmMMMmmmmMMMmmm  . . . . .

good stuff to make you warm on the inside so you don't mind walking in the cold outside
me, too.

InChristGirl

Our Starbucks is inside a Target store so..........the best pairing for me is some Choxie chocolate and a Carmel Machiatto  :fork:

JakeLeonard

Aside from that.......aside from your coffee center of attention discussion (AT LEAST IT LOOKS THAT WAY)

Guess what some girls at church said to me yesterday?

They said I look fat.........I almost cried and ran out of the church

I am 171 pounds and 5'10" at age 20........the "experts" would call me that, but it doesn't show

****prays that those girls will have a better spirit than they did yesterday****

InChristGirl

JakeLeonard

Yeah, it is pathetic.......actually, they weren't the only ones.....let's say some of the girls here in the Missouri District have said that about me......I've had to talk to some of the local pastors and the district youth leaders about this matter

Newsman

JakeLeonard,

Please allow an older and much heavier bachelor brother share a bit of hard-won wisdom with you..if you are serious and not joking about your situation (sometimes we all have  a hard time discering serious/kidding stuff, myself more than others,) then you still have a lot of options.

These women are off the mark, if they are saying this seriously.

If you were twice your current weight (which I have lost a LOT of weight, and still weigh about twice what you do,) and twice your current age (which I exceed even that mark,) it's still possible to get dates: I can, even in my early 40's.

While I always wanted to have women find me attractive, a hot looking guy I'll never be. But, when women get to know a guy who treats women right, has respect for them and shows it..you know what?

It still won't make a difference for some women..but it will for others.

Plus, in the Apostolic churches in North America, and I suspect elsewhere as well, the single women outnumber the single men considerably.

Some women that you wouldn't think a huge guy like myself does indeed have a chance to date, even some very attractive females. And with women, like men, what one finds attractive often isn't even close to the same as another.

A sense of humor, good conversational skills, treating them with with respect.. it often has worked for me. When I want to go out with someone, I often can. Even if I get shot down in flames (SDIF) :) because of my size, you know what? I've still treated them properly.

So, someone young like yourself that really shouldn't be on anyone's overweight list should surely have lots of chances.

Good luck,

Newsman

Although, maybe I should reconsider niot filing an age discrimination suit against Lady Mary (Amelia Bedelia,) just because I'm like three years outside her maximum dating range!  :laughhard:

Newsman

I know this is a third post in a row, but it came back to me what it was like when I was in college.

I wasn't in the Truth, but went to some non-Apostolic churches (I wasn't raised in the full Truth.)

I was a huge guy, hadn't honed down my conversational and some other stuff, and it was devastating when I heard it relayed a circle of girls who knew me were in agreement that any of them would date me if I were a hundred pounds lighter.

Or, about the same time, when the "Lil Sis" I had in the (admttedly rather nerdy,) fraternity I was in would probably have fallen for me, had I been a lighter man. As I recall, that was related to me.

Instead, she married her man who was on his way to the Bapitist seminary. Many years ago. I hope they are both well, but it hurt a bunch at the time.

But, you know what? Had I won her, I would have settled down, perhaps gone on to an Assembly of God Bible college, and never received a revelation of the Oneness of God.

I am much better off today because I didn't get who I wanted back then.