News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Frustration in our Lives

Started by apsurf, April 23, 2007, 05:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apsurf

had been reading in a book by TD Jakes, and found a couple quotes that I thought everyone would enjoy reading about when we are frustrated and seems we are alone and scared.

God maneuvers each one of us into a place where he can deal with us directly.  He calls us to a state of "aloneness"
When God gets you to the point of dealing with the deep issues, of your life, He does so one-on-one.  Just you and God.  Just each one of us along with God.

You are alone. You will feel isolated, as if you are watching people trough a glass wall.
When God is ready to do his divine surgery on you, He brings you to an "Alone" place.  Nobody invites guests into an operating room.  Neither does God.  His work on you is private.

We feel restless, frustrated, lonely in our spirits.  We feel a greater need to have somebody with us, to protect us, shield us, wrap their arms around us, join us, walk with us.  WE soon discover that the presence of other people doesn't meet the need.  The loneliness and restlessness we are feeling in our spirits is God's call to us He is reeling us in to our one-on-one encounter with Him.

From pages 89-90 "Getting up from your lame position" in the 3 book combo series "TD JAKES SPEAKS TO MEN"  By TD JAKES

Thanks bro. Jakes for allowing this book to be published....it has touch me more than you would ever know...

SippinTea

I thought the quote was excellent! ....and then I noticed what book it was from.  :sadbounce:  Guess it's only for men....  :)

Seriously, he has an excellent point. The third paragraph...I've noticed that pattern in my own life. Get restless or frustrated and try to fill the void with something other than the only thing that can! *shakes head* You'd think I'd have figured it out by now...

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tsalagi

A "Wilderness Experience".

:clap2:

Sometimes that's what it takes...all alone, cut off from everyone and everything - you only HAVE one source of comfort.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Very timely, indeed.

Thanks for posting, brother.

John

Chinadoll

Very good.

I've noticed that -- my usual theory on this is when I get like that is to literally go to the woods -- for some reason it clears my head.

Nai

Raecheal

SippinTea

Quote from: Chinadoll on April 23, 2007, 12:07:08 PM
Very good.

I've noticed that -- my usual theory on this is when I get like that is to literally go to the woods -- for some reason it clears my head.

Nai

Funny. I head for woods, too. Especially by the river. :)

Tsalagi

Chseeads

So are you guys all really alone at all, since you're all in the woods together?   :P

Tsalagi

There's lotsa woods, cheeze dawg...

newkris

cheeseman, sometimes you just crack me up . . .   :laughhard:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

If I ever happen to meet up with Chinadoll or Tsalagi in the woods, I'll let you know, Seth.  But since their woods are quite a distance from mine I hardly think that'll happen. :)

Raecheal

I ~used~ to head to the woods when I lived in the country.. now I go for a drive. ;)

Melody

awesome quote!  I needed that and I DO that!

Thanks NwLife.

Ant

It's good to know that, if a tree falls in the woods, at least someone will be there to tell us if it makes a sound.

SippinTea

I went to the river in the woods yesterday, Ant...and to the best of my knowledge, all the trees are still standing. *chuckle*

What is it about encountering God in the woods, anyway? Is it that we're completely alone with Him? Is it that the distractions of our lives get stripped away? Is it the quiet? What is it that makes it easier to think clearly out there? What is it that give my soul the space to breathe again?

Oops! This isn't my rambling thead.  :updown:  But I'm thinking about one way I get rid of frustration in my life...does that count? LOL

Chinadoll

I'm native.    My people have always favored the woods for spiritual encounters.   Sometimes I think that's why I do.

Nai

NessasMama

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Amelia Bedelia

I just had to speak up for the other side

I don't like the woods - its too quiet, don't know what creatures, rodents and snakes are in there, bugs and dirt - I'm too distracted to meditate or concentrate  LOL  I like the woods enough like going hiking with pals or something though, I'm not a nature hater lol

But as far as when I have "get away and think"  give me a park bench in a crowded city or alone in my car just out driving or in a traffic jam or something   :updown:

Newsman

A spot where the water lies, cool and reflecting..a pool where the beauty of God's creation is stored and reflected.

John  :waving:

apsurf

apsurf

The more I think about some things,
the angrier I become
Frustration seems to be in every thing I face
every door I knock on, in every thing I touch
no matter what I do, no matter what I don't do
every thing just falls into dust
everything is just demolished
or I just run into a closed door.
Then when it does open.
I hit nothing but a brick wall on the otherside.
not even a bulldozer, a tank, or a missle can break through.
Frustration- it is now just a part of my life.
the more it is there, the worst it becomes.
So much has be lost,
so much has been taken
I hate to talk about it,
I hate to hold it in.
As I have written before
Prophets keep saying
I stand before a door,
it's just within reach
then how come I can't even see it?
it is said that God will bring to pass
what he has given,
but what can come to pass
if it is taken away?
Does this frustration ever go away...
a year and half of the fog
is long enough
but half a lifetime is now becoming
more than I can bear.

apsurf

I think it is going to be one of those nights.... :roll:
just ignore me....the fat ole walrus is just blowing air

*~Trina~*

WOW thats amazing, i have been going thought the loneliness for a few weeks now, it never dawned on me to think any of that!  thanx for the quotes!!
[/color]
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt