News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Hey Bobby that looks nice... but for some reason I got the impression you were putting tile down in the KITCHEN. But yeah, the result looks nice.

In local news, early spring and late fall are the times I hate. It is very cold in the morning and I have to have a coat, and it is warm in the afternoon and I forget and leave my coat at w*rk, so they pile up at w*rk until I remember to take the pile of coats home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Picked up some heavy hitter meds last night (Advil Cold & Sinus) to knock out whatever that sinus issue was that was starting.. I feel that much better today!!

This dark at 5:30 wakeup is so sad. I miss the sunshine.. BUT I get to see it later after work now, so I guess I'll live.. LOL. I need to hurry and get a 'new' family car so that my husband can stop driving his truck so that we don't have to carpool anymore! Then I can stop waking up at 5:30. :) hahaha.. I wanted to hide under my cover this morning when our alarm went off, haha.

Heather

I'm still alive. Just lots of working and now taking care of my mom. She's fine in the physical form, but her mental and emotional state is all over the place. Rightly so as they were married for 36 years, but she called me the other day flowering out because she didn't know what to buy to hang over her  bed because she didn't know what decor she likes. She always had to take my dad into consideration. It's been draining.

This up and down weather has my fibro in fits.

Brandon and I swapped cars. But now that he's in Tiny Car he has decided to buy an old S10 off his boss. Tiny Car is for school and the S10 for everything else. I however will just be driving the Scion [aka Leia].

Back to work. We had 3 people call in today. I'm on  the schedule to pull parts in the 'warehouse' but now I have to go delivery said parts to other AZs.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on March 13, 2018, 12:45:20 PMThis dark at 5:30 wakeup is so sad. I miss the sunshine.. BUT I get to see it later after work now, so I guess I'll live.. LOL. I need to hurry and get a 'new' family car so that my husband can stop driving his truck so that we don't have to carpool anymore! Then I can stop waking up at 5:30. :) hahaha.. I wanted to hide under my cover this morning when our alarm went off, haha.
I love the afternoon sunshine sooo much. I'll definitely take the morning darkness. I hate mornings anyway. Bah. 
But I don't usually get up until between 8:30-9 so guess I can't talk ha....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 13, 2018, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: Nelle on March 13, 2018, 12:45:20 PMThis dark at 5:30 wakeup is so sad. I miss the sunshine.. BUT I get to see it later after work now, so I guess I'll live.. LOL. I need to hurry and get a 'new' family car so that my husband can stop driving his truck so that we don't have to carpool anymore! Then I can stop waking up at 5:30. :) hahaha.. I wanted to hide under my cover this morning when our alarm went off, haha.
I love the afternoon sunshine sooo much. I'll definitely take the morning darkness. I hate mornings anyway. Bah.
But I don't usually get up until between 8:30-9 so guess I can't talk ha....

LOL. Every chance I get, I sleep in PAST the current wake-up of 5:30. Saturdays are my days to sleep until I wake up.. and with the little sleep I've been getting, I usually wake up for the day around 8:30 or 9 on Saturdays now. I still wake up when he gets up for work on Saturday, but I LOVE going back to sleep! LOL.  My normal wake-up for work would be 7am, but we've been trying to save on gas so we ride together to my work, and then he drives on to his. It's a mid-way point for us. SOON a new car tho!!

I love sunny days. Like even today.. tho it's a little cooler than I prefer outside, I still feel like it's a good day just b/c it's sunny. Natural Vitamin D (that comes from the sun too right?) is my drug of choice I guess, LOL.

I have been doing good not drinking much soda.. until today. I busted open a Pepsi earlier, and I'm nursing a Dr Pepper right now. I have my sweet tea waiting on me tho! It's caffeine free and I'm trying to avoid headaches, so I have been throwing in some soda or coffee to keep the headaches away! One day I'll grow up and kick my habits, haha. I want to like water.. I just don't like how it tastes most of the time unless I'm craving it!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 13, 2018, 09:34:52 AMHey Bobby that looks nice... but for some reason I got the impression you were putting tile down in the KITCHEN. But yeah, the result looks nice.

I got enough tile to do the kitchen and dining room too. I just don't have the energy to do it now. :lol: We decided a long time back that carpet had no place in our home- gets too nasty too quick, especially with Chey and the fur babies. And we didn't like the laminate I put down around 10 years ago. So we decided to tile the entire house. I AM taking the laminate that I took up and repurposing it in the ham room/library.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 13, 2018, 05:15:22 PMI love the afternoon sunshine sooo much. I'll definitely take the morning darkness. I hate mornings anyway. Bah.

Totally agree.

And in sharing, I bought a ton of flowers today and planted them, and not being content with planting a Red maple, while we were looking at the flowers, we saw a Japanese Flowering Cherry tree. Beautiful delicate pink blossoms. I couldn't say no, so now we have planted said tree where the dogwood had lived until it died 6 or 7 years ago. Right next to the driveway.
Still got one more flowerbed/landscape deal to do, probably tomorrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Ended up having an unexpected day off with my husband. I was off work anyway but his classes got canceled due to snow. So naturally we are both working on different things throughout the house. I'm working on moving our library from the dining room to the spare bedroom since we've decided to actually get a dining room table. He is currently out working on his workshop. We moved so fast and dad had just gone into the hospital. We've been here for almost 4 months now and we are in the rearranging things that doesn't work phase.

Prayer meeting last night was amazing. It's like having an extra church service every week. I'm so thankful for my church [and the fact I can confidently say my church. shew.].

Lynx

I just washed off a boat paddle and scrubbed out a 17.5 gallon feed bucket, the kind a farmer might use to feed his horse.

Do you have any idea how messed up that sounds in the context of bread making?

I'm getting 27 loaves out of it though... I won't have to make bread again for more than a quarter of a year.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Don't be jealous. Don't be jealous. Don't be jealous...ugh.. didn't work. LOL.

I cannot WAIT until Friday! I'm so ready to SLEEP on Saturday morning! LOL.

This week has been chaotic at best. IDOT (Illinois Department of Transportation) just.. creates chaos, LOL. We do a lot of work with/for them in our area, and while I like that you kinda know what the rules and regulations are, sometimes they get annoying hahaha..

Nevertheless. It's my lunchtime finally. I'm eating my leftover roast w/ sour cream & chive mashed potatoes. Yum. I may or may not be drinking a Pepsi. If you didn't see it, it didn't happen. :)

mini

I was introduced to a all you can eat chicken buffet today.

Shew.  Lawd.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Prob good thing you didn't have bobby with you. Then ya'll would of really hurt that buffet.... .

:hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Roscoe

I totally should have been there. :pound:
Been a busy day. Went and picked up Chey's bed frame we ordered for the antique headboard/footboard in her room, then spent part of the day in my favorite place- behind the wheel of Rusty. I also spent some time finishing up my flower beds. I NEED to start laying the laminate flooring we took up from the living room in the ham room, and build another bookcase- but I just don't feel like doing it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Is Rusty actually out on the road and running again? Or did you just sit behind the wheel in the garage for a while and imagine you were driving, like a five year old kid with his daddy's Oldsmobile?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Bobby, here's you some bluegrass that doesn't sing through their nose. ;)  Our friends in the group Grandpa's Neighbor's were on this show:  http://uanetwork.tv/uanon-demand/southern-gospel-praise-mary-fay-jackson/

Roscoe

Rusty is very much back on the road. And I've enjoyed it very much. 
In sharing, I slept in today, then got to work on the ham room floor. I feel like I've been backed over by a loaded tanker truck, but it's done. I intend to spend the rest of my vacation- both days, aka, the weekend- doing nothing. This has been the working-est "time off" I've ever had....

Heather

Mom and I picked out and booked our condo for vacation in October. We will be going to Anna Maria Island in Florida. Mom has never been to the Gulf and we have family in Tampa I haven't seen in over a decade.

Revival starts tomorrow.

Was only scheduled 25 hrs this week and ended up with 36. I'm tired.

Backseat Radio

It was a busy day for me.  The opener for my department called off so I got called into work early this morning.  Went out walking after work with a friend. Actually got all the way around the 3/4 mile walking path without having to sit down and rest part way through. Used to have to sit down 2 or 3 times before I got through the whole 3/4 mile.

Lynx

Yesterday was a (bleep!) of a day. We had three people call in "sick" for lunch and two people call in "sick" for supper. On a Saturday, yeah, right. There's some mysterious illness that keeps affecting our workforce, but only on Saturdays.

Also I had to clock out at 5pm exactly or I would get overtime. So I had to leave stuff undone. I hate it when that happens. But it wasn't my fault and I got all the stuff done that would keep things rolling for evening shift (mostly stocking) so hallelujah anyhow.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. I spent yesterday, after sleeping in, riding around backroads in Rusty with a good friend all day long. And, since our 10 year old dryer was making very expensive sounding bad noises, I went ahead and went to Lowes, where I found the mate to our new washer we bought several months ago on sale for under $300. I figured I better replace the dryer while we had tax refund money to do so, or it would die just when I needed it most and could least afford it, so I brought the new dryer home.
That means that in approximately the past year, I have replaced the roof, floors, washer, dryer, and hot water heater. All this in a "nice" home... :pound: Hopefully nothing else dies for a few years, because that mess is expensive!

Roscoe

And to share a bit more of what I've been doing:

The ham room.

The front yard with its new flowering cherry and  red maple- since this pic was taken I completed the flower bed roughly laid out around the tree base, and worked on the front bed a bit more too..

And the family at a day out Wednesday

sunlight

I can see the Japanese cherry but I don't spot the red maple? Is it on the side of the picture?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!