News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

tried to update my profile picture. I'll fix it later. I don't have the time or energy to fight with photobucket again. anyone have another photo site recommendation? it took me 20 minutes to just wade through the ads to get this mess.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Heather on February 28, 2018, 03:06:21 PMand other than that it's all water, all the time.

The rain is back....again.....
This is me. All water. All the time. With the occasional Kool-Aid. I don't drink much soda. If I do, it's COKE.

And same. Rainy and foggy and muggy, cus it's like 68 degrees.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 72* here and so muggy I started to sweat when I stepped outside. It's supposed to get close to 80 with severe thunderstorms this afternoon.

Roscoe

I must admit, I've strayed from the Dr Pepper only crowd lately. I've began getting the "Mexican" cokes, coca cola made in Mexico with real sugar, not corn syrup. One of the stores locally stocks it and it's became my go to. Otherwise, I actually drink a lot of water.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And in sharing, I've just booked our family a weekend in Branson. Waterpark, Samson, Grand Country Music Hall and Titanic. After we get finished there we may go somewhere else for a day or so, not sure. We decided to throw most of our tax/vacation money to the house remodel this year, so we are keeping it close to home.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

:hi:

I see the board is still alive and well.  Figures I'd end up coming back on when you guys are talking about Dr. Pepper and Coke.  I quit soft drinks cold turkey a week ago and I'm still craving them.  Dr Pepper and Coke was my favorites.

Didn't get much sleep last night so not been real motivated to do much today.  Got out to Bible Class this morning but that's been about it.

Heather

got my picture figured out.

i'm usually a coke drinker myself. especially cherry coke.

everyone at work is super cranky and i'm regretting saying i would help out this evening. already told them i'll come back in for a few hours but i'm not staying the entire 5. i'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

Nelle

I was hard core Dr Pepper... but I'm more of a Pibb fan now. I'll choose that or fountain coke at a restaurant UNLESS I know they have good sweet tea. :)  I'd drink tea all day long, LOL.

@work. Wishing for the weekend.. I need a mini-vacation or something. I have got to get out of this area and give my wee little brain a rest!

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, all. Lightly scheduled day today, which means a lot of down time. I like this, but it also means a slow day.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I can tell it's the last day in a 10 day work streak. Very thankful that I have a 3 day weekend [as long as I don't get called in]. My plans are to purge my closet, go to a funeral, go to a wedding, go to church, get my oil changed, and stay in my jammies as much as possible.

Roscoe

:pound: Jenn and Mini. Sorry dogs. May one of the milder Egyptian plagues smite you. And not darkness, either, cause you'd just go to sleep. I'm thinking Boils. Or Frogs.

I'm surviving my day. Actually doing a bit of paperwork, but I'm annoyed because I can't decide what music to listen to while I do. Not Klove.  Blues is when I'm bad tempered. Bluegrass is happy music, not fit for work.....

Backseat Radio

No one was scheduled for Site2store today so I get the fun of running after orders that come in from the internet on top of my normal duties in Electronics

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 01, 2018, 07:20:49 PMI'm surviving my day. Actually doing a bit of paperwork, but I'm annoyed because I can't decide what music to listen to while I do. Not Klove.  Blues is when I'm bad tempered. Bluegrass is happy music, not fit for work.....
Terry Terrell? :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

This Dog needs to go.

Erica and I need to have a little discussion about why I don't have a dog, and if I choose not to have a dog, then I should not be forced to take care of one in my home that I don't even want.

She is never home, and so that leaves me to listen to her whimper and bark and take her out and such... the exact reason I DON'T HAVE A DOG! I don't want to be bothered with one, and since I am an adult, I shouldn't have to deal with someone else's dog.

She wants it, she should take care of it.

But she won't see it that way.

Ugh.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I have several ideas, but they involve doing things that would be unfair to the poor dog. I have one idea that is fair, but it involves application of a baseball bat to the owner's forehead...

Aside from that the only suggestion I have would be to lock the dog in the owner's bedroom with food and water and let the dog pee all over the owner's bed. It would not be harmful to the dog or the owner, it would be fair and the owner might actually start doing something to take care of the dog.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Roommate problems man. There are times I wish Brandon could live in the house next door but then I realize it would just be a 2nd house to have to clean.  :biglaugh:

I just went through a major closet purge. 3 bags of clothes going to the local woman's shelter and 2 smaller bags to a 'little sister' at church.

Could have slept in this morning....wide awake at 7 am. This adult thing is stoooopid.

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day for me. Its a weekend and the beginning of the month so everyone has money to spend and time to spend it. I'd rather be at home curled up on the couch with a movie and 6 forms of chocolate to drown out depression but I have to be at work helping customers.

Lynx

I feel your pain BSR, for real! People got their government checks burning holes in their pockets, and nothing to do in this small town except go to the local fast food factory. Today has been blown-out-of-the-water busy. The whole weekend has been hectic.

And yeah, I know the government check thing is necessary. My grandmother gets a government check. But SHE doesn't go out and blow it on day one.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We are feeling the tax returns too. Most people either put off major car repairs until they get their money or they put down the return on a used car that then has problems.

Sooo....a shakeup happened at my store today. Rumor is, I'm getting moved back to my old department with a promotion and officially full time. I'll let you know what transpires on Monday.

Roscoe

:hi: Went to a ham radio swap meet toda...didn't buy anything of importance, just some coax cable. Then Chey and I enjoyed the Corvette a bit, and I came home and grouted the tile I had mortared down Thursday. I might put down another 10 to 12 sections tomorrow.. I hope to have the remainder finished by Friday when we go on vacation...

mini

Shew.

I was supposed to go to the ham swap meet...but alas I had the head hog at my house and was fresh outta bacon.

In other news, I'm tarred. And feathered. It's probably Roscoes fault.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I accept no blame of any type for anything that might have happened or might yet happen to Mini. :hypocrite: I have been his scapegoat too often in the past. :pound:
Is it a bad thing that I'm now having nightmares about laying tile, just to discover it is the wrong color? I guess in my dream I was laying it in the dark.... Shew.  About a 7' x 10' section left to lay, but there's a bit of cutting that'll have to be done, which slows me down. I am tempted, to be perfectly honest, to skip church tonight and finish it up...but I won't. It'll get done in good time...