Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

My day off, again, like every Wednesday.

I'm making bread... again... like it seems I do every Wednesday. I sure have been making bread a lot the past month or so. But it's my go-to Christmas present for a lot of people I know at church and work, and there are a lot of bake sales this time of year that seem to be requesting I donate some bread to sell and... it goes.

All I want for Christmas is a chest freezer big enough to hold about 430 loaves of bread. Then I could fill it up over the year and not have so much baking to do at the end.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I have good and bad days. The days I expect to be bad aren't that bad but it's the times that grief just smacks you in the face at the weirdest times. Like walking through the grocery store on a random tuesday or driving to work. Those are the times it's hard. I'm just thankful that I seem to be the one dealing with it better in my immediate family but I'm also the only one in church. I'm sure there is a correlation there.

As far as the finance/church issue, my non-HG filled husband started the conversation to end that debate. I got home from a ladies christmas party and he told me that he really likes our new pastor and his family at my current church and we will figure out how to get there when the doors are open. He's being drawn there and I'm not going to be the one to stop it.

Now to get dressed and out the door to my moms house. We are doing food, a balloon release at my dad's favorite place, then going to the pinball arcade that he talked about going to all the time. They opened right before he went into the hospital and he never got to make it. Mom, my sister, and I went last year between his funeral and christmas. He would love that place.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Heather there's definitely a correlation. There's a reason He states He'll be our comforter!

Only two more days of work!! GLORAY. But again, with the issues again this morning. Being a scheduler $ucks the week before Christmas....It's the worst! :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

JenN I hear ya. "But I CAN'T work Friday, that's my family's Christmas party! Look you can put me on the schedule if you wanna but I won't be there." Fine I'll add your name to the list of people who refuse to work that day. And everybody treats (whatever the situation they want to get out of work for) as very critical, far more important than the reasons everybody else wanted that day off.

Heather: Ooooh, a pinball arcade! Haven't seen a single pinball machine in years. Upkeep on all those moving parts just gets too much I guess.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on December 19, 2018, 07:06:19 PMHeather: Ooooh, a pinball arcade! Haven't seen a single pinball machine in years. Upkeep on all those moving parts just gets too much I guess.

We have 2 in the area now. 1 in Bristol and 1 in Johnson City. There is a pinball museum over in Asheville NC and I think I read they are doing one in Knoxville soon.

Made it through the day. We released balloons at the dam [dad's favorite spot], went out to eat at one of his favorite restaurants [my sister only had 1 drink], then onto the arcade.

Roscoe

Still at work. Fixing to leave and go directly to church. I need church and God after dealing with these numbskulls...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

I have managed to sprain my right middle finger to the point I can't move it, and have no idea how I did it. Very inconvenient since I am right handed. :mad: And it hurts! And I left my phone at home for my kiddo to use too, so if anyone here tries to message me, It'll have to be via FB.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 20, 2018, 01:53:36 PMI have managed to sprain my left middle finger to the point I can't move it, and have no idea how I did it. Very inconvenient since I am right handed. :mad: And it hurts! And I left my phone at home for my kiddo to use too, so if anyone here tries to message me, It'll have to be via FB.

Shouldn't of been flipping all those parolees the bird... :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 20, 2018, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 20, 2018, 01:53:36 PMI have managed to sprain my left middle finger to the point I can't move it, and have no idea how I did it. Very inconvenient since I am right handed. :mad: And it hurts! And I left my phone at home for my kiddo to use too, so if anyone here tries to message me, It'll have to be via FB.

Shouldn't of been flipping all those parolees the bird... :nono:
:pound:
Like I told my wife- "if I'm gonna have an injured hand, I want the satisfaction of knowing I did it by punching someone"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on December 20, 2018, 01:53:36 PMI have managed to sprain my right middle finger to the point I can't move it, and have no idea how I did it. Very inconvenient since I am right handed. :mad: And it hurts! And I left my phone at home for my kiddo to use too, so if anyone here tries to message me, It'll have to be via FB.
Ouch! I hope it gets better soon.

Heather

Jenn took my response  :biglaugh:

Pray I can make it through today. It's the last day before my supervisors vacation and I'm sure he will be super obnoxious. Imagine a 10 year old boy who somehow is man size but with several medical issues. So on bad days, he's obnoxious to the point of not getitng stuff done because he is too busy "joking" and cutting up. On worse days, he's laid out in the floor thinking he is dying. There are no good days unless you count the days he's not on the schedule.

Roscoe

I CANNOT believe that ya'll  would think I would flip someone off.  :o
Punch them out, yes.
And in the past, in what I call my dark days, cuss them out- unfortunately I must confess to having done that too, but thankfully that is under the blood.
 And there HAVE been times in my life that my fingers were injured due to improper use of them as an impact weapon.
But I have never been one  to flip someone off. I'm really not that passive aggressive. :laughhard:

Thank the LORD it is Friday. Ten glorious days off coming up. So far today I have dealt with three offenders, threatened two with prison, and had to complete a mega important Critical Incident report for another officer who is off or work this morning's offender.

And I got to speak with my two favorite bosses too. I am REALLY fortunate to have bosses that I absolutely love and trust. And my Christmas present from them was a custom made granite coaster with the agency logo and my name silkscreened on it.

Heather

Only an hour left with the obnoxious one!!! He leaves at 2. Thank you Jesus!

mini

Wait a second...I get off at 2.  Are you saying im your annoying boss?!?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Quote from: mini on December 21, 2018, 07:11:15 PMWait a second...I get off at 2.  Are you saying im your annoying boss?!?

so which one of us is commuting that far?!?!?

just when I thought we had a bit of breathing room and maybe actually getting to go to the store and not watch every penny, our electric bill came in. it's triple what it was last month. i'm not sure how we are going to make it.

Roscoe

:hi: So. I was glad to make it to Friday....now I have time off. Yesterday, Chey and I went to North Little Rock to the only known butcher shop in Central Arkansas (our local butcher shop, John's, burned down a few months ago and apparently isn't coming back :sadbounce: ) and got our traditional Christmas steaks. Then on the way home, I stopped and got something that is apparently going to eat all of my time up.  A couple years ago, Nintendo made an "anniversary edition" game console that was a miniaturized version of the original Nintendo. Over 600 game preloaded on it, including my favorite, SuperMario Brothers. They went like hotcakes, were apparently a limited edition and people were scalping them for $200-$400; they originally sold for around $60.

A friend of mine had one posted on Facebook Market place for $25 new in the box. I got it. Now all of my plans have disappeared while I fought the dragons. :lol: When I finally defeated them, they went off in the bedrooms calling me names and I could play the game system all by myself. :laughhard:

Okay, I totally should not have implied Lou and Chey were dragons, but I think they were breathing fire when I mentioned I wanted to play too.
 I got up this morning and at Lou's request made homemade biscuits, fried bologna, and chocolate gravy. Now I'm vegging when I should be cleaning..

Lynx

My friend got one of them Nintendo things. Total blast from the past.

When you said that part about fighting the dragons I thought you were talking about the fourth level of all the Mario worlds. Bowser sure did have a lot of ringers for you to rescue before you got to the real princess. With all that subterfuge of kidnapping seven fakes, you'd think he would put better defenses around his castles, stuff one unarmed plumber couldn't get through...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

So. I've cooked pecan pies, chocolate pies, peach pie, hummingbird cake, brownie cookies, turkey, dressing (2 kinds so Chel could have some), gravy, made gallons of tea. Im tired. It was nice to see all the kids today. :)

Lynx

o.O  All those sweets! Do you buy sugar in 50-pound bags? Also... any leftovers? :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

That remains to be seen. I have had a toothache since last Thursday night. Of course my dentist is closed Friday... and closed over the weekend... and closed for Christmas...

"Do you sing at church?"