News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

Two of those I mentioned in my post about coworkers (parents of the electrician who also work in the office/co-own/run it) - we will call them W & J to not keep being so circular with my story LOL. They finally got tested yesterday and have been feeling ill since Thurs & Fri. Hopefully we will know soon if they are indeed +, tho I would be surprised if they weren't.

So I'll be spending the week juggling both job responsibilities. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy. Unfortunately after the stress of the last couple of days last week, I did not do what I needed to at the house this weekend. lol.. I'll have to put my big girl clothes & attitude on this week and just chip away at those responsibilities every night this week.

I'm still hopeful that I will get to go to Arkansas for Thanksgiving. Not looking too positive, but that's still about a month away.. so maybe. Mom said "Don't worry about coming if you think it's too risky for you to come and get sick here." I laughed.. because I'm not worried about catching it from two hermits. I'm worried about giving those two hermits the junk from here, LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's dreary & coolish here today. I'm not very motivated at the moment.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2020, 03:59:42 PMIt's dreary & coolish here today. I'm not very motivated at the moment.

Sameeeee.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I've made it through this Super Monday.

When I spoke about Brandon Pendergrass earlier, I was echoing an update from over the weekend. Today they have stated they are putting him on the lung bypass machine due to his vent being on 100% oxygen. He needs a miracle.

Roscoe

Been a long, cold day. I've ran all day. Came home and wanted to sit down, but I knew Lou had a hard day as well, so I cooked smoked pork chops and fried potatoes before crashing. I ain't doing the dishes though.
And Nelle, how old is he? Praying..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

dnr1128

Quote from: Nelle on October 26, 2020, 09:29:30 PMWhen I spoke about Brandon Pendergrass earlier, I was echoing an update from over the weekend. Today they have stated they are putting him on the lung bypass machine due to his vent being on 100% oxygen. He needs a miracle.

I'll talk to the Lord about him.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2020, 01:17:42 AMBeen a long, cold day. I've ran all day. Came home and wanted to sit down, but I knew Lou had a hard day as well, so I cooked smoked pork chops and fried potatoes before crashing. I ain't doing the dishes though.
And Nelle, how old is he? Praying..

He is 29. (I don't personally know him, but he's family to Tara, and then he's the pastor's son from up in this area of Southern Illinois.)

@Work. Rainy day today.

Trying to keep a grip on my outlook this year. 2020 has been so rough for so many, and that's probably an understatement even in their eyes. Over the weekend there was a car accident with a car full of 6 young teens. Three have passed away and the remaining three are fighting for their lives in St Louis. These are not 'churched' young people. The community is understandably heartbroken.

With COVID deaths, the uncertainty with the contagious aspect and how it'll affect you, the stress of keeping up with life even though it feels like we are still in March (for me at least), not being able to see friends and family due to the virus and restrictions, normalcy is gone for now, etc.. I won't continue lol.. but it's just been heavy. I'm thankful that I've been able to still work (even though now that workplace is being invaded by covid it seems) this whole time as well as my husband has been too. We have been able to have some semblance of a normal service at church once a week. I have to admit.. I've also enjoyed the break from the hustle of church-outside-life and just the events that haven't had to happen in regular life. Maybe I'm a hermit.. but the slowdown has been nice in some ways. That was probably quiet a conflicting thought process there to read.

Roscoe

Conflicting- but understandable at least to me, as I feel much the same way. We've varied on the church thing- for a few weeks at first we were strictly online; then returned to service on Sundays, kept Wednesdays online; then opened up completely. The way the cases are rising here though, may put us back at online before it's all over.
 Went to the doctor today for annual wellness exam. They tell us we have to do it once a year for a discount, then tell us they have clinics scheduled. I signed up for the clinic- they've cancelled three times and now have on scheduled for Friday- the last day it is possible to turn in the paperwork. I went ahead and went to my doctor just in case and I'll go to that one too.
Doc found a mole on my arm he is concerned about and is sending me to a dermatologist. My hypochondria has me buried..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

It's always a torn situation.. I'm glad they caught something, but I wish they had caught nothing because nothing was there, haha.

Day 4 of sharing jobs is just as stressful as Days 1-3. Things keep popping up that have to be done. I'll have to make a list to make sure nothing falls thru the cracks I guess. Overwhelmed a bit. I don't do well with surprises, haha.

MsJennJenn

My parents haven't been going in person to their church. They had several cases of covid breakout in their church. The church "quarantined" for two weeks then went back like nothing happened. And they aren't restrictive on masks. So it's a free-for-all. Thus Mom and Dad not going. Mom said very few elders go as well.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 28, 2020, 05:49:09 PMMy parents haven't been going in person to their church. They had several cases of covid breakout in their church. The church "quarantined" for two weeks then went back like nothing happened. And they aren't restrictive on masks. So it's a free-for-all. Thus Mom and Dad not going. Mom said very few elders go as well.

My parents have been doing the same. They are trying to be extremely cautious. They unfortunately do not have internet, so they only watch that preacher out of LA. I can't remember his name, but they love the Southern style of their singing/worship.

@work. Just now getting to process payroll for the week. I still have one known task of my coworker's to finish this week, and I can't battle that mountain until tomorrow. I'm hoping for no new surprises. They're hopefully coming back still on Monday, but they still are feeling pretty badly today. It's hard to gauge how bad they're actually feeling, because everyone's ideas of 'bad' are different, you know? So.. I'm just going to continue praying so that they will get better AND come back to work. Win-win for us all! lol..

Nelle

Backseat Radio

I'm back  :hi:

I've enjoyed my time away and my vacation from work this week. Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday.

Found out yesterday that my closest friend at church and her husband informed the Pastor that they're quitting the church.  I'd been considering bailing out of the church for a while myself.  Her leaving makes me less interested in sticking around the church.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Been too busy to get on the last couple of days..
It's been a madhouse at work this week. And then, Wednesday, over 3/4 of the church called in sick. I wound up just closing and having prayer meeting. It was cold, rainy, and nasty too. I detest this time of year. I had forgotten how much I love spring and summer.
Got my test results back this morning- doc said everything great, but cholesterol was a tad high, fix it by diet. Then today I went to the previously scheduled health clinic (so I could get my insurance discount)- turned out it was today not Friday. THEY said cholesterol was perfect, great blood pressure, but my liver enzymes were elevated. Lord. I don't know who to believe. They all agree I need to eat less red meat and lose a few pounds, so I'll just do that.
Sam's giving me fits. His new remanufactured starter ain't starting. I fear I'm going to have to enlist a local Stovebolt guru to figure it out. All I want is for it to run and drive. I've spent a fortune on this portion of his restoration and I wanna drive him.

GrumpyBear

Y'all...Pray for me..I soon will be taking my drivers permit test..also pray for dad, his perfectly black hair with 2 or 3 white streaks will soon be gray.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Nelle

Back @work but almost done for the day (18 min). Yay for the weekend!! Hopefully my coworkers will be back on Monday. They are having a rough day today apparently, but.. two more days! Seems like they've had it more rough than the rest of their family has with the virus.

I'm thinking about taking a nap when I get home.

Roscoe

Well. Ran all day today doing home visits. This weekend is likely to be more of the same. Bah. NEXT weekend I am sleeping and doing NOTHING.

Backseat Radio

My mom and I went to visit my Grandma and Uncle today and had a good time.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well, I just got in from home visits. 19 in fact. Took 5 hours- they were from one end of one county to the other end of the other. Nearly 200 miles tonight.
Got to drive Sam tonight. Still need to bleed the brakes a bit, and install a new gasket on his exhaust pipe so I can hear myself think, but all in all, the major part of the swap is finally done. Five months and I hope Lou never finds the receipts. :laughhard:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

Nothing much to report here, so I haven't been reporting it, but I thought I'd say howdy just to let you know I'm alive and everything is fine here.

With so much bad happening all over, maybe reporting everything is fine here will help. Or maybe it will make the people who are not fine feel worse. I never have figured out which, so I don't do it much until I can figure out if it helps or hurts.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Busy as usual. Received word yesterday afternoon that one of Chey's classmates tested positive for Covid although he is showing no symptoms. They have shut down her school for two weeks. She is ecstatic.
Daisy is acting strangely. More irritable than usual. This concerns me- I love that little dog so much.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I'm getting around to go vote before I have to go to work.  Probably stay up late tonight watching election results come in since I don't work tomorrow.